ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR (FP) OR FLR (M) APPLICATION?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

tamale26
Newly Registered

FLR (FP) OR FLR (M) APPLICATION?

Post by tamale26 » Thu Mar 26, 2015 4:59 pm

Hello everyone I am new to this forum. I was an overstayer and I applied for leave to remain prior to the immigration changes on 9th July 2012 as a married partner/parent both of whom are British citizens. The application was refused in the capacity I applied for but I was granted leave to remain for an initial 30 months under the new rules under Appendix FM EX 1 on the basis that I have a genuine parental responsibility to a child who is a British citizen. The letter states I need to completed a minumum of 10 years before I qualify for citizenship.

NOTE: I wanted to apply for leave to remain as a married partner but my wife takes benefits and she hasn't disclosed to the benefits office she is married and we haven't got any evidence to prove we live together so the marriage route is practically out of the question.
I will have to tell the home office we are separated prior to my application.

My questions are:
1. Can I apply for the 5 year route which is faster as opposed to the 10 year rule as the parent of a British child?
2. If yes, how different will this application be from the 10 year route?

Thanks

redding
Newly Registered
Jamaica

Re: FLR (FP) OR FLR (M) APPLICATION?

Post by redding » Thu Apr 09, 2015 6:58 am

Did you make the application your self or was it done by a solicitor?

tamale26
Newly Registered

Re: FLR (FP) OR FLR (M) APPLICATION?

Post by tamale26 » Fri Apr 10, 2015 9:31 am

It was done by a solicitor.