ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Long Travel outside after Naturalisation Application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sak20099
- thin ice -

Long Travel outside after Naturalisation Application

Post by sak20099 » Wed Apr 08, 2015 4:09 pm

Hi All,

I have couple of questions,

1)i am going to apply for the Naturalisation next month on 13th May and then plan to travel outside after week for atleast 4-5 weeks or even more , will that effect my application ?

2) how will i be notify the status of my application e.g approval as i am outside the country and no one else in my flat to see any post etc , do they send any email as well to notify the approval ? Appreciate any advise here

3)Is there any timelines to book for ceremony after approavl ?

regards

Torex

Re: Long Travel outside after Naturalisation Application

Post by Torex » Wed Apr 08, 2015 4:29 pm

sak20099 wrote: 1)i am going to apply for the Naturalisation next month on 13th May and then plan to travel outside after week for atleast 4-5 weeks or even more , will that effect my application ?

2) how will i be notify the status of my application e.g approval as i am outside the country and no one else in my flat to see any post etc , do they send any email as well to notify the approval ? Appreciate any advise here

3)Is there any timelines to book for ceremony after approavl ?
1) It will not affect, however you have to let Home Office know about it. If HO sends a letter requesting more information, you have two weeks to respond to that unless you let them know that you're away.
2) As far as I know HO sends letters as a way of contacting applicants
3) "You must ensure you have your ceremony within three months of the date of the invitation letter from the Home Office."

fwd079
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by fwd079 » Wed Apr 08, 2015 4:31 pm

sak20099 wrote:

1)i am going to apply for the Naturalisation next month on 13th May and then plan to travel outside after week for atleast 4-5 weeks or even more , will that effect my application ?
No.
sak20099 wrote: 2) how will i be notify the status of my application e.g approval as i am outside the country and no one else in my flat to see any post etc , do they send any email as well to notify the approval ? Appreciate any advise here
I don't think there is an email approval, yet.
Its optional email notification of receipt of application and debit of fees, also a letter comes for the same. Then a letter telling of approval, telling you to book ceremony within 21 days of date of letter.
sak20099 wrote: 3)Is there any timelines to book for ceremony after approavl ?
Yes, within 21 days of date of receipt of letter. Can be booked for up to three months from the date of approval, thanks Torex.

They can sometimes call for interview before Naturalisation decision. Have your email forwarded to some address where someone can receive and inform you.
Being British is a state of mind.
Want to maintain timeline of any thread? Click here and grab template.

badratio

Post by badratio » Wed Apr 08, 2015 4:32 pm

1. It won't.
2. By post - they don't notify by email. They might request more documents and if you don't provide them you're likely to get refused.
3. 21 days to book it and 3 months to attend it.
Naturalisation timeline: EEU PR
Application date: 17-03-2015
Fee deducted : 24-03-2015
Acknowledgment email : 25-03-2015
Approval date : 02-04-2015
Ceremony: 28-04-2015

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Wed Apr 08, 2015 4:43 pm

sak20099 wrote: how will i be notify the status of my application e.g approval as i am outside the country and no one else in my flat to see any post etc
Ideally you should try and have someone you trust such as family/friends check your post in your flat intermittently while you are away, (& let you know) to avoid the possibility of issues arising as a result of requests for additional information through the post.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Apr 08, 2015 5:00 pm

How will you enrol your biometric informationn if you are away and don't see the letter?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

sak20099
- thin ice -

Post by sak20099 » Wed Apr 08, 2015 5:02 pm

Thanks alot every one for the response
Much appreciated.

another side question generally how long approval process is taking these days or it varying ?

sak20099
- thin ice -

Post by sak20099 » Wed Apr 08, 2015 5:05 pm

CR001 wrote:How will you enrol your biometric informationn if you are away and don't see the letter?

sorry for my ignorance i see in the new form about biometric but do we know for sure that we have to do biomertric again as part of this application ?

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Wed Apr 08, 2015 5:09 pm

Yes, completely forgot about the biometric entollement requirement. It is a requirement now. So you will need to be here for that when the letter arrives.
Last edited by cs95tdg on Wed Apr 08, 2015 5:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Apr 08, 2015 5:11 pm

Yes, effective from 6th April 2015. Applicants will be sent a biometric enrolment letter to complete biometrics at post office.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

sak20099
- thin ice -

Post by sak20099 » Wed Apr 08, 2015 5:14 pm

Thanks everyone

Seems i may need to revisit my travel plans , really appreciate the help.

theprideofpak

Post by theprideofpak » Thu Apr 09, 2015 7:17 am

i applied for same and flew away for 5 weeks next day of my ncs appointment. i gave my letterbox key to a trustworthy neighbour, who'll keep me updated. i applied on 25th march and coming back on 30th april.

theprideofpak

Post by theprideofpak » Thu Apr 09, 2015 7:25 am

theprideofpak wrote:i applied for same and flew away for 5 weeks next day of my ncs appointment. i gave my letterbox key to a trustworthy neighbour, who'll keep me updated. i applied on 25th march and coming back on 30th april.
since i applied on 25th march, do i still have to enrol my biometrics or is it a requirement for applications made on or after 6th april?

Torex

Post by Torex » Thu Apr 09, 2015 8:38 am

theprideofpak wrote: since i applied on 25th march, do i still have to enrol my biometrics or is it a requirement for applications made on or after 6th april?
You don't have to. Only applications received after 6th April need biometrics enrollment.