ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SET O form Evidence of Cohabitation

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

credit64
Newly Registered

SET O form Evidence of Cohabitation

Post by credit64 » Mon Apr 06, 2015 7:48 pm

Hello Everyone,

I am on Tier 1 - General visa and My wife on Tier General Dependent visa. I am preparing for ILR SET(o) with my wife as dependent.

While collecting the Evidence of Cohabitation for 2 years (March 2013 - March 2015) I am bit confused and nervous because of below issue

1: In last two years we changed address (both rented)
Address 1: March 2012 - August 2013
Address 2: September 2013 - Now

While at the first address everything was on my name only. When we moved to the second place i registered my wife's name for few bills.

2: There is a letter from UKBA address to my wife dated March 2013 but after that there is NO letter address to my wife between April 2013 - September 2013 . We moved to new place in September 2013. After September 2013 we have lot of letters, Bills, Bank, Council tax, nicely covering the remaining duration.

3: We do have a letter from my wife's GP saying that she registered at old address (Address 1) in 2012 and now Registered at new address (Address 2).

4: We don't have any Joint addressed letters except council tax for years 2014. All the letters we have are on our individual Names. Is this any issue?

My biggest worry is the missing letters April 2013 - September 2013 for my wife.

Is my wife's ILR application looks risky? Can anyone please advice on this.

MR

mkh

Re: SET O form Evidence of Cohabitation

Post by mkh » Mon Apr 06, 2015 9:14 pm

a reference letter frm a lanlord may be useful for that period

credit64
Newly Registered

Post by credit64 » Mon Apr 06, 2015 9:21 pm

Thanks mkh.

It was privately rented shared accommodation and the landlord paid the council tax. I already tried that but the Landlord refused to send me the letter (Not sure why :cry: ).

KASHIF830

Post by KASHIF830 » Tue Apr 07, 2015 8:12 am

Hi Good morning

Dont you have DVLA counterpart or Electrical voting polling card . I think you can also use Marriage certificate.

Thanks
Regards
kashif

Venkat07
Newly Registered

Post by Venkat07 » Thu Apr 09, 2015 12:03 pm

Hi,

I also had submitted only one utility bill having both of our names in it. Otherwise submitted one bill for every three /four months for each of us. If you don't have any utility bill look for any letter that is addressed in your wife's name. Something is better than nothing. I submitted something like the health insurance letter / electoral registration request letter.

Txs

pebb1ee

Post by pebb1ee » Thu Apr 09, 2015 9:11 pm

This is what i submitted and received ILR approval on 8th april (Croydon)
Cohabitation letters: Electrol poll card, NHS registration letters for myself, dependant and child, Joint tenancy agreements, Health care plan for family, Previous Home office Approval letters, Child birth certificate (uk), Marriage certificate

Ask your current lanlord to provide a joint tenancy agreement