ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA RC Holder can stay for 5 years in Schengen Countries

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sheikh_sohaib
Newly Registered

EEA RC Holder can stay for 5 years in Schengen Countries

Post by sheikh_sohaib » Thu Apr 09, 2015 12:58 pm

Hi,

Can someone please tell me that I have a EEA Residence Card issued in UK, so is it important for me to stay in UK for 5 years OR I can stay in anyother EU-Member state for 5 years and apply for Permanent Card in that country or in UK.

Thanks

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Re: EEA RC Holder can stay for 5 years in Schengen Countries

Post by sheraz7 » Thu Apr 09, 2015 1:41 pm

Don't make multiple posts. You have already been answered:
http://www.immigrationboards.com/eea-ro ... l#p1171788
Please donot send PM. Write in open forum to facilitate others too.
REGARDS

sheikh_sohaib
Newly Registered

Post by sheikh_sohaib » Thu Apr 09, 2015 3:21 pm

sheraz7 wrote:Don't make multiple posts. You have already been answered:
http://www.immigrationboards.com/eea-ro ... l#p1171788
its not the same post bro. In the last post I ask about applying for permanent residence card in the schengen country but in this post i am asking of staying in the schengen country for 5 years and then applying for permanent card back from UK... thats 2 different scenario's.

rosebead
Member of Standing

Post by rosebead » Thu Apr 09, 2015 4:30 pm

Residence cards are not transferable to other countries, nor is permanent residence status. You must do 5 years in EACH individual EU country to gain PR status for THAT country. If you are a permanent resident of a country and leave that country for more than 2 years, you will lose your PR status for that country, even if you are living in another EU country.

sheikh_sohaib
Newly Registered

Post by sheikh_sohaib » Thu Apr 09, 2015 7:08 pm

rosebead wrote:Residence cards are not transferable to other countries, nor is permanent residence status. You must do 5 years in EACH individual EU country to gain PR status for THAT country. If you are a permanent resident of a country and leave that country for more than 2 years, you will lose your PR status for that country, even if you are living in another EU country.

I got it... thanks bro