ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR application

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Ghazwan
Newly Registered

ILR application

Post by Ghazwan » Thu Apr 09, 2015 1:54 pm

Hi Everyone,

My visa is Tier2 general (sponsored by my employer), I am planning to apply for ILR next year, the problem is, I have had a sppeding ticket in 2012 with fixed fee and penalty of 3 points, the issuing body was South West Surrey Magistrates court although I have never been to the court, I ahve sent my driving license and the fee and received the license after few weeks. I am wondering if this will affect my ILR application? it should be mentioned that the expiry date for this offence is 2016, do I need to wait for this offence to expire or I can apply normally? Could you please help.

Thank you

spzenthil

Re: ILR application

Post by spzenthil » Thu Apr 09, 2015 2:29 pm

AFAIK, If it is FPN then you have to wait only for 2 years in that case in 2016 you would be well passed those two years.

Other experts can correct me if I am wrong here?

Cheers,
-Senthil

Ghazwan
Newly Registered

Re: ILR application

Post by Ghazwan » Thu Apr 09, 2015 2:37 pm

Hi Senthil,

Thank you for your reply. How to know the type of the offence?

regards,
Ghazwan