ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visitor Visa - visitor marriage certificate

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

icprashanth
Newly Registered

Visitor Visa - visitor marriage certificate

Post by icprashanth » Thu Apr 09, 2015 2:42 pm

Hi
I am planning to bring my brother to UK for couple of weeks.
i see in the document list that my brother needs to provide a document for Martial status.

he is married and he doesnt have any evidence for martial status.
is it necessary to submit the marriage certificate document.??

kindly advise.

thanks

prashant

ouflak1

Re: Visitor Visa - visitor marriage certificate

Post by ouflak1 » Fri Apr 10, 2015 11:32 am

Well 'necessary' is within context. He needs to demonstrate strong ties to his home country and solid reasons to return. If he says he is married and can't provide a certificate, it will certainly atleast raise an eyebrow. But there are cultures that don't necessarily require government registered certificates. It all depends on the balance of all the evidence he submits.

vignezh
United Kingdom

Re: Visitor Visa - visitor marriage certificate

Post by vignezh » Fri Apr 10, 2015 4:30 pm

I am guessing you are from India, (pardon me if I am wrong). If I am right, your brother could try and get an Affidavit for Marriage certificate. There are usually plenty of notary officials around the regional/high court, who would help you with this for a small charge. you can use this document as an evidence for marriage.