ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

akramroy
Newly Registered

Re: 10 years long residence applications

Post by akramroy » Wed Apr 08, 2015 8:26 pm

sud315 wrote:
karmababa wrote:Hi everyone

New member here. I applied for 10 year ILR on 27/01/2015, the biometrics invite got lost in the mail and only received a second one and did biometrics on 19/02/15. After that no news. I received an email yesterday from home office saying that application is in progress and will be decided within six months, or they will let me know if it cannot be decided in 6 months.

Has anyone received such email?

I really need to travel home since my mother is ill. Does it help to call home office and ask to expedite? Or write letter?
Yes I think it'd be worth contacting them and send them compassionate/compelling evidence to see if they can make a decision sooner. Fingers crossed!
I had received this email as well, i think this is standard email which everyone receive. Can other member please comments as well. Thanks

akramroy
Newly Registered

Post by akramroy » Wed Apr 08, 2015 8:32 pm

freeman0410 wrote:
freeman0410 wrote:Dear All,
If I forget to mention about TOEIC during my interview ? Do u think they will refused my ILR application .
The interviewer asked me is there any other English language test I did ? I only said IELTS but did not mentioned about TOEIC
although I did TOEIC in 2012 because of TIER 1 entrepreneur visa. I'm really worried now . What to do ? Please pray for me fellow member of this forum . any advice pls to make this right ??? Should I write to Home office ???

Kind regards,
FM
Hi seems like no one is interested to answer my questions ???? That's why proverb said when u r in trouble u will find no one around u and more trouble will come . Pls Allah give me patience .
Shouldn't be any issue human error but better if someone please reply who have/had in same situation. Thx

Na74

Post by Na74 » Wed Apr 08, 2015 10:05 pm

freeman0410 wrote:
If I forget to mention about TOEIC during my interview ? Do u think they will refused my ILR application .
The interviewer asked me is there any other English language test I did ? I only said IELTS but did not mentioned about TOEIC
although I did TOEIC in 2012 because of TIER 1 entrepreneur visa. I'm really worried now . What to do ? Please pray for me fellow member of this forum . any advice pls to make this right ??? Should I write to Home office ???

Kind regards,
FM
Hi seems like no one is interested to answer my questions ???? That's why proverb said when u r in trouble u will find no one around u and more trouble will come . Pls Allah give me patience .
I think you better seek advice from a competent lawyer... However sending Home office a letter ...detailing all your english qualifications... But do not say that you lied or forgot to mention etc., You should consult a professional Immigration Lawyer before you write any such thing. You have to do something before they make a decision on your application. .. When does your current leave expire?

rzbca
Bangladesh

Post by rzbca » Wed Apr 08, 2015 11:36 pm

Hi Guys,
I am going to apply my ILR of 10 years route shortly.I need some quick response.I had a penalty fine from court of £400 for not touching my Oyster card and I paid that in June 2012. Now I knew on recent rule change I believe this has already spent as it was 5 years before now it's 1year.

Also I have done CRB check but it comes all clear.

My questions
do I need to mention this on ILR application?
Does it going to affect me?
Do I need to declare any spent criminal offence?

Also to mention on my Tier 1 extension I didn't mention as my CRB was clear.

Please please anyone advice me what would be the best way forward whether to mention or not.

Also as home office started premium service, can you please suggest should I apply on 1day service ? Do you think this will benefit me to explain if case officer has any question?

I would appreciate your response .

Regards

Rzbca

Na74

Post by Na74 » Thu Apr 09, 2015 12:18 am

rzbca wrote:Hi Guys,
I am going to apply my ILR of 10 years route shortly.I need some quick response.I had a penalty fine from court of £400 for not touching my Oyster card and I paid that in June 2012. Now I knew on recent rule change I believe this has already spent as it was 5 years before now it's 1year.

My questions

Please please anyone advice me what would be the best way forward whether to mention or not.

Also as home office started premium service, can you please suggest should I apply on 1day service ? Do you think this will benefit me to explain if case officer has any question?

Regards

Rzbca
Are you sure it was criminal offence and Not a civil penalty ?

rzbca
Bangladesh

Post by rzbca » Thu Apr 09, 2015 12:25 am

Na74 wrote:
rzbca wrote:Hi Guys,

My questions

Regards

Rzbca
Are you sure it was criminal offence and Not a civil penalty ?
I wasn't sure but people always term this as criminal offence but it's a very minor one.please advice me your thoughts.Thanks

Na74

Post by Na74 » Thu Apr 09, 2015 12:39 am

Even if it is criminal, it was a minor case, it has been spent, and you did not do anything wrong after that, so if you declare, it will probably not be a big problem.
however if you do not declare, and subsequently they find out (even though it is not on file), you will be definitely rejected.
But if you declare it, then they check records and do not find it, they will be impressed with you honesty.
In order to counter this mistake or error of past, you may also include some good references from your employers, reference from your local councillor, a reference from your neighbour (and or a British citizen, include their passport number etc).
You should get professional advice from a good immigration lawyer.
Also check you CCJ record online, it might just be civil penalty? etc
then you will just declare it in civil judgement section, which is not very serious, so all will be good.

peace74098
Newly Registered

Post by peace74098 » Thu Apr 09, 2015 10:13 am

Hi friends, I am going through premium service and I got a appointment on 23 April 2015 for Set (LR). My case is simple...... so Hope for the best. Regards

freeman0410
Newly Registered

Post by freeman0410 » Thu Apr 09, 2015 11:01 am

Na74 wrote:
freeman0410 wrote:

Kind regards,
FM
I think you better seek advice from a competent lawyer... However sending Home office a letter ...detailing all your english qualifications... But do not say that you lied or forgot to mention etc., You should consult a professional Immigration Lawyer before you write any such thing. You have to do something before they make a decision on your application. .. When does your current leave expire?
My visa expired long time ago .... I was applied for TIER - 1 , then refused and lower tribunal , upper tribunal then by this time qualified for 10 years according to solicitor . And then they asked for interview .

Since2015
Newly Registered

Post by Since2015 » Thu Apr 09, 2015 11:44 am

HI All,

I have applied on 18th March 2015 and home office received it on 20th March 2015. Home office has deducted the fees on 23rd and received an acknowledgement letter.

But since then there is no sign of Biometric registration invitation letter yet. is it something to worry or am I still in the early stage of receiving invitation for biometric.

Thanks

Arsal385
Member of Standing

Post by Arsal385 » Thu Apr 09, 2015 11:57 am

MamaT wrote:I need your help. I have beenin the UK for over 12 years.
I came as a student. Then changed to dependant. My husband was also subject to no recourse to public funds. Anyways we started hqving problems.. which also included domestic violence and all. So i ran away. My son was granted ILR even when both his parents didnt have ILR. I WAS ADVISED I COULD GET CHILD BENEFIT AND TAX CREDITS. so i claimed and was accepted. But now that am about to apply for my Ilr am told that becaUse my visa states no recourse to publuc funds. That i WILL get refused. But i went and saw a lawyer and they said we can try and fight it. On the grounds of being mislead to apply for the funds and that if need be i will repay ever penny claimed over the last 6years.
I am worried that i will never be avle to get my ILR now is there anyone who has had ilr approved even wen they haf claimed some benefits. Please help. someone advised me to cance claiming and wait atleast 3 months before applying. Then apply and contest i was lead.what shall i do??? I feel i wws very mislead and this is very worrying now.
What do i do? i am just looking for insight onwhat i should do. i have cancelled the claims today, waiting on hmrc to write to me and give me all my information and how much i owe back to start paying it all back. but other than that i have no idea wat else o, womena aid insited i was okay in claiming tax credits and cb when they were trying to help me get away from my ex husband.
This is a bit grey area. You claimed benefits on behalf of your son who was not subject to "No recourse to public funds" so I believe it will be fine as you didn't claim any housing allowance low income support etc for your own benefit. You need to contact a good solicitor who can make a solid application for your which clearly states your intention of claiming benefits in relation for your child's survival and not for your own benefit.
Good luck

Dec17

Post by Dec17 » Thu Apr 09, 2015 1:22 pm

[quote="freeman0410"] Hi mate according to me you should mention all the English you did it's too late ,better stay as it is don't send anything now because it may caused you leave every thing with god he will handle it our prayers always with you I hope you will come soon with possible result . You are the luckiest one at least get interview there is lots still waiting long long time who did TOIEC .

Since

Post by Since » Thu Apr 09, 2015 2:08 pm

HI All,

Is there anybody here waiting for BRP invitation, who applied on or after 18th March 2015 ?

Thanks

sud315

Post by sud315 » Thu Apr 09, 2015 3:40 pm

Yes I'm waiting as well. I sent mine 24th, they would have had it by 25th March
Received acknowledgement letter only

sud315

Post by sud315 » Thu Apr 09, 2015 3:45 pm

Since wrote:HI All,

Is there anybody here waiting for BRP invitation, who applied on or after 18th March 2015 ?

Thanks
Is your data on google sheet?
I can't see?

Btw, mine I didn't state as well as thought to wait for BRP
But better to add now I think. So can please someone add my data too pl:
Sent application 24th March
Acknowledgement received 31st March
Thanks

Since

Post by Since » Thu Apr 09, 2015 3:47 pm

sud315 wrote:Yes I'm waiting as well. I sent mine 24th, they would have had it by 25th March
Received acknowledgement letter only

you are in the same boat as my friend. he applied on 20th and received acknoledgment letter. he is also waiting for Bio invitation.

Let us know if you receive yours

Thanks

VFF

Post by VFF » Thu Apr 09, 2015 4:16 pm

Hi Friends

Hope someone can help me here. I am applying MN1 for my child. Below are the documents I am sending, please advice whether I am missing something

1.MN1 Form - With Photo and Reference from GP and a British national
2.My New PP copy, ILR BRP copy, Approval letter copy (do I need to send copy of my expired PP as well)
3.Fee leaflet
4.Birth Certificate
5. Royalmail S.Delivery Envelope

Am I missing anything??? please help!!! going to post in the next hour

Thanks
Application sent (ILR10): Mon 09/02/2015
application fee taken: Wed 11/02/2015
Acknowledgement received: 16/02/2015
Biometric invite received: 20/02/2015
Biometric recorded: 23/02/2015
Approval date: 31/03/2015
BRP: 02/04/2015

Zee ali
Diamond Member

Post by Zee ali » Thu Apr 09, 2015 6:16 pm

VFF wrote:Hi Friends

Hope someone can help me here. I am applying MN1 for my child. Below are the documents I am sending, please advice whether I am missing something

1.MN1 Form - With Photo and Reference from GP and a British national
2.My New PP copy, ILR BRP copy, Approval letter copy (do I need to send copy of my expired PP as well)
3.Fee leaflet
4.Birth Certificate
5. Royalmail S.Delivery Envelope

Am I missing anything??? please help!!! going to post in the next hour

Thanks
This area of the forum is not for MN1.
Try your luck somewhere else
I am not an immigration adviser
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided

abiswaslaw

Post by abiswaslaw » Thu Apr 09, 2015 6:34 pm

Zee Ali, so far I understand, that's excellant. Don't think anything else needed. Just wondering if you applied with old p&p duringILR brp issued?

I've sent some queries re my 3c ILR variation matter, if you can help further. Thanks

jamalakbar18
Newly Registered

Post by jamalakbar18 » Thu Apr 09, 2015 7:26 pm

finally good news

received my approval today
After 5.5 months

Application sent on 23 oct 2014
approval received 09/04/2015

23 weeks

even though last week i recieved a letter saying HO can not process in 6 months as

M2013
Russia

Post by M2013 » Thu Apr 09, 2015 7:30 pm

jamalakbar18,
congratulations!!!!! Really good news! I am very happy for you.
jamalakbar18 wrote:finally good news

After 5.5 months

23 weeks

even though last week i recieved a letter saying HO can not process in 6 months as

jamalakbar18
Newly Registered

Post by jamalakbar18 » Thu Apr 09, 2015 7:32 pm

thankyou
please add me to spreadsheet or i can do it myself

hammad14

Post by hammad14 » Thu Apr 09, 2015 7:37 pm

Hi Jamal bro
have you had a Toeic history or not?

thanks

jamalakbar18 wrote:finally good news

After 5.5 months

23 weeks

jamalakbar18
Newly Registered

Post by jamalakbar18 » Thu Apr 09, 2015 7:39 pm

no nothing and no criminal convictions or anything

or no CCjs

hammad14

Post by hammad14 » Thu Apr 09, 2015 7:43 pm

what english test have you used ?

congrats and enjoy your freedom
jamalakbar18 wrote:no nothing and no criminal convictions or anything