ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

panel doctors-U.K, do they get your history of your GP?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

simmy13
Newly Registered

panel doctors-U.K, do they get your history of your GP?

Post by simmy13 » Mon Oct 01, 2007 12:12 pm

just wondering if the panel doctors in the U.K get your medical history off your general practitioner/doctor(in U.K)??? if anyone can help , i would appreciate it, thanx :)

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: panel doctors-U.K, do they get your history of your GP?

Post by Wanderer » Mon Oct 01, 2007 1:00 pm

simmy13 wrote:just wondering if the panel doctors in the U.K get your medical history off your general practitioner/doctor(in U.K)??? if anyone can help , i would appreciate it, thanx :)
They'll be getting it off the NHS Spine soon(*), all medical records for England are being put on a huge database, the largest Access Database in the World. We did use Oracle RAC on Sun F25K's but people kept using it so we've gone for Access on the PC under my desk. This means your data is double-safe since since Access is single-user and better still, the PC is perilously close to my feet, and no-one has been there and survived.

(*) soon meaning ages off, in the very distant future possibly never.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

simmy13
Newly Registered

Post by simmy13 » Mon Oct 01, 2007 2:16 pm

sorry wanderer, you went straight over my head then, was that a no???(simmy sprays some air freshener in the direction of wanderers desk :S)

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Mon Oct 01, 2007 3:42 pm

simmy13 wrote:sorry wanderer, you went straight over my head then, was that a no???(simmy sprays some air freshener in the direction of wanderers desk :S)
To be honest I'm not sure, I think they do. I was alluding to the new centralised database of medical records call the NHS Spine we are all working on lucratively here. Thanks taxpayer!

Everything will be accessable from anywhere in the UK so if u get run over while on hols in Cornwall, the ambulanceman will know u r allergic to penicillin via his handheld and access to the Spine. So he won't kill you.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

VictoriaS
inactive

Post by VictoriaS » Mon Oct 01, 2007 4:17 pm

I think we all know this system is never going to work....

Victoria
Going..going...gone!