ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA2 Application Timelines - ONLY 1 TOPIC - UpToDate

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

silverbird65
Newly Registered

Re: EEA2 Application Timelines - ONLY 1 TOPIC - UpToDate

Post by silverbird65 » Tue Apr 07, 2015 6:03 pm

chriskv1 wrote:
silverbird65 wrote:
i have good research in these cases. that's how i know all that. can you please share about your questions?
hopefully you had same questions like mine. because what i know they have same standard format and they send same to everyone.

Hey Silverbird ,
I got the questionnaire as well with the exact same questions as yours , We have replied with answers. I am an unmarried partner of EEA National . And I believe it is a standard format since all of us received the same thing.
Is it a good sign , Them asking for more information ?

yes its good sign.
as long as they do not want to visit your home and don't want you guys to come for an interview. that is defiantly positive sign that they send you questions to reply them with proves. can you please share your time line and when did you reply them for questionnaire.
i am very positive who ever get questionnaire.
it also depend on your answers but as long as they are simple questions and you reply them good you get your RC soon.

chriskv1
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by chriskv1 » Tue Apr 07, 2015 7:07 pm

silverbird65 wrote:
chriskv1 wrote:
silverbird65 wrote:
i have good research in these cases. that's how i know all that. can you please share about your questions?
hopefully you had same questions like mine. because what i know they have same standard format and they send same to everyone.

Hey Silverbird ,
I got the questionnaire as well with the exact same questions as yours , We have replied with answers. I am an unmarried partner of EEA National . And I believe it is a standard format since all of us received the same thing.
Is it a good sign , Them asking for more information ?

yes its good sign.
as long as they do not want to visit your home and don't want you guys to come for an interview. that is defiantly positive sign that they send you questions to reply them with proves. can you please share your time line and when did you reply them for questionnaire.
i am very positive who ever get questionnaire.
it also depend on your answers but as long as they are simple questions and you reply them good you get your RC soon.
My timeline:

Applied : 24th November 2014
Received Acknowledgement from Home office 02 December 2014 , Dated : 27 November 2014
Received COA 22nd December 2014 , Dated : 17 December 2014
Received Questionnaire : 23 March 2015 , Dated : 19 March 2015
Replied to Questionnaire with all additional evidences I had , Home office received it on 02 April 2015.
Waiting for RC.
Anger and intolerance are the enemies of correct understanding.
Mahatma Gandhi

E&OE. I'm not a legal professional.

chriskv1
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by chriskv1 » Wed Apr 08, 2015 1:04 pm

@Silverbird65 : What's your timeline silverbird ?
Mahatma Gandhi

silverbird65
Newly Registered

Post by silverbird65 » Wed Apr 08, 2015 1:26 pm

chriskv1 wrote:@Silverbird65 : What's your timeline silverbird ?
Applied : 4th December 2014
COA received 16 December 2014 with right to work
Received Questionnaire : 2 April 2015
Replied to Questionnaire on 07 April 2015.
Waiting for RC.
we are almost on same time line keep me updating.

silverbird65
Newly Registered

Post by silverbird65 » Wed Apr 08, 2015 1:47 pm

john33388 wrote:Has anyone received European Caseworker questionaire asking for additional information like common language spoken? It is pretty much similar question as in the new form.
hi john we are also on same time line. did you reply of your questions? if yes when did you post them? any updates after that.
Good luck

chriskv1
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by chriskv1 » Wed Apr 08, 2015 3:12 pm

silverbird65 wrote:
chriskv1 wrote:@Silverbird65 : What's your timeline silverbird ?
Applied : 4th December 2014
COA received 16 December 2014 with right to work
Received Questionnaire : 2 April 2015
Replied to Questionnaire on 07 April 2015.
Waiting for RC.
we are almost on same time line keep me updating.
Yeah it seems like we are on similar time line . As soon as I get any update I will tell you. (I hope next update will be my RC god help us )
Mahatma Gandhi

gilliananneq
Newly Registered

Post by gilliananneq » Thu Apr 09, 2015 9:31 am

gilliananneq wrote:
SondraF wrote:Ugh - I just reread the letter that came with the passports and apparently to reenter the UK I need to apply for a Family Permit?! How the hell can I do that if they HAVE my original documentation already?! Christ..

Has anyone traveled on the COA and passport while waiting? Im a non-visa national, but I don't need to be stamped in as a visitor...
Hi, we're in the same situation! Going abroad tomorrow and we can't apply for another EEA because they have all our original documents and it's a very short visit. We'll see how it goes when we come back, let's hope for the best! :shock:

Quick update: We re-entered the UK 2 days ago without any problems. My partner's application is still being processed and his EEA Family Permit expired 2 months ago. The immigration officer didn't ask us any questions and we didn't have to show the COA or any of the other documents! We were surprised by how easy it was!
I don't know if it would be the same if you travel alone, but just wanted to share our experience.

jillllllllll
Newly Registered

Post by jillllllllll » Thu Apr 09, 2015 1:53 pm

chriskv1 wrote: Quick update: We re-entered the UK 2 days ago without any problems. My partner's application is still being processed and his EEA Family Permit expired 2 months ago. The immigration officer didn't ask us any questions and we didn't have to show the COA or any of the other documents! We were surprised by how easy it was!
I don't know if it would be the same if you travel alone, but just wanted to share our experience.
In the same boat as you guys. EEA expired Jan 1, had sent my EEA2 at the end of December and am still waiting for RC. We have to travel to the States next week (I'm from the US, my partner is EU national) and I'm worried about hassle coming back. What did you say at the border when you got to the IO when returning to the UK?

gilliananneq
Newly Registered

Post by gilliananneq » Thu Apr 09, 2015 2:55 pm

jillllllllll wrote:
chriskv1 wrote: Quick update: We re-entered the UK 2 days ago without any problems. My partner's application is still being processed and his EEA Family Permit expired 2 months ago. The immigration officer didn't ask us any questions and we didn't have to show the COA or any of the other documents! We were surprised by how easy it was!
In the same boat as you guys. EEA expired Jan 1, had sent my EEA2 at the end of December and am still waiting for RC. We have to travel to the States next week (I'm from the US, my partner is EU national) and I'm worried about hassle coming back. What did you say at the border when you got to the IO when returning to the UK?
First of all, my partner filled in the landing card and wrote 6 month as the estimated duration of the visit.
When we gave the IO the passports, he asked what will we be doing here for six months. So we said- "oh, we live here!". Then he said "oh, so why didn't you say so? you can just write down the expiration date of your family permit".
Then he noticed that it was expired a few months ago (whilst we were also telling him that it was already expired and that we're waiting for the RC application to be approved). He said 'that's fine' and wished us a good night!

He didn't ask to see the COA, nor any of the other supporting documents we brought with us.
It took less than 2 minutes :)

inna.p

Post by inna.p » Thu Apr 09, 2015 2:58 pm

gilliananneq wrote:
jillllllllll wrote:
First of all, my partner filled in the landing card and wrote 6 month as the estimated duration of the visit.
When we gave the IO the passports, he asked what will we be doing here for six months. So we said- "oh, we live here!". Then he said "oh, so why didn't you say so? you can just write down the expiration date of your family permit".
Then he noticed that it was expired a few months ago, while we were also telling him that it was already expired but we're waiting for the RC application to be approved.
He said 'that's fine' and wished us a good night!

He didn't ask to see the COA, nor any of the other supporting documents we brought with us.
I wonder what is your nationality? Do you need a visa to enter UK as a tourist? I think it wouldn't go so smoothly if you are a visa national (as I am and I also need to travel while waiting for my RC.

chriskv1
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by chriskv1 » Thu Apr 09, 2015 3:24 pm

Guys did any unmarried partner who applied in November , December get RC ?
No one reports back as to whether they got it . As soon as they get the RC , people just sod off from this forum :D
Mahatma Gandhi

jillllllllll
Newly Registered

Post by jillllllllll » Thu Apr 09, 2015 7:52 pm

gilliananneq wrote:
jillllllllll wrote:
Then he noticed that it was expired a few months ago (whilst we were also telling him that it was already expired and that we're waiting for the RC application to be approved). He said 'that's fine' and wished us a good night!

Ahhhh, cheers! Thanks for the help. Did you go through the EU/UK or the "Other" line? Just curious! Sorry for so many Qs. I feel like the wait for this RC is taking over my life.

To the previous poster - I'm married, so I can't quite help you in that regard. I did, however, apply on Dec 31 (I think they received it Jan 2). Promise to post the minute I hear anything.

Anyone else send an extra Royal Mail Special Delivery return envelope, and thus spends 5x 10x a day checking its tracking number to see if it is on the way back or not??? Am I the only crazy one?
Last edited by jillllllllll on Thu Apr 09, 2015 11:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

chriskv1
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by chriskv1 » Thu Apr 09, 2015 11:01 pm

@jill
OMG why didn't I think of that . :0 please update when you get any reply . I wanted to travel to the US in 2 months but this is just ...:/
Mahatma Gandhi

JohnDee

Post by JohnDee » Thu Apr 09, 2015 11:57 pm

I also sent special delivery envelope for returning my documents and to be honest I check it few times a day :P had home visit on 1st April.. Let's see how many more days I'll have to wait .....!!!

chriskv1
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by chriskv1 » Fri Apr 10, 2015 12:37 am

JohnDee wrote:I also sent special delivery envelope for returning my documents and to be honest I check it few times a day :P had home visit on 1st April.. Let's see how many more days I'll have to wait .....!!!
:/ I applied through a representative and he didn't do that. I shouldve told him to :/
Mahatma Gandhi

gilliananneq
Newly Registered

Post by gilliananneq » Fri Apr 10, 2015 12:39 pm

jillllllllll wrote:
Ahhhh, cheers! Thanks for the help. Did you go through the EU/UK or the "Other" line? Just curious! Sorry for so many Qs. I feel like the wait for this RC is taking over my life.

To the previous poster - I'm married, so I can't quite help you in that regard. I did, however, apply on Dec 31 (I think they received it Jan 2). Promise to post the minute I hear anything.

Anyone else send an extra Royal Mail Special Delivery return envelope, and thus spends 5x 10x a day checking its tracking number to see if it is on the way back or not??? Am I the only crazy one?
"Other" line :)

And I also checked the tracking number everyday! Buy when they returned our passports, they used the prepaid envelope... so now I have no way of tracking my RC anymore! :P

chriskv1
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by chriskv1 » Fri Apr 10, 2015 1:10 pm

:roll: why my solicitor did not go for a prepaid envelope is beyond me considering what I pay the guy.

Anyone considering making a freedom of information request ? :D
Mahatma Gandhi

jenangeles
United States of America

Post by jenangeles » Fri Apr 10, 2015 1:32 pm

jillllllllll wrote: Anyone else send an extra Royal Mail Special Delivery return envelope, and thus spends 5x 10x a day checking its tracking number to see if it is on the way back or not??? Am I the only crazy one?
Only once a day for me... :-)

I got a reply for my FOI request regarding processing times for the last year and a half or so which can be seen here: https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/ ... 034695.pdf

Not too much new information but the average processing time seems to be holding steady at around 70-ish days.

chriskv1
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by chriskv1 » Fri Apr 10, 2015 1:52 pm

jenangeles wrote:
jillllllllll wrote: Anyone else send an extra Royal Mail Special Delivery return envelope, and thus spends 5x 10x a day checking its tracking number to see if it is on the way back or not??? Am I the only crazy one?
Only once a day for me... :-)

I got a reply for my FOI request regarding processing times for the last year and a half or so which can be seen here: https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/ ... 034695.pdf

Not too much new information but the average processing time seems to be holding steady at around 70-ish days.
Hey Jen , Thanks for posting this here.
I noticed this on the FOI : "We do hold the information you have requested for the period January - February 2015, but
as it will not be published into the public domain until spring of this year, we are unable to
provide it "
So it doesnt reflect 2015 :) But atleast we have a rough figure :D
Mahatma Gandhi

JohnDee

Post by JohnDee » Fri Apr 10, 2015 2:33 pm

well, this is my second prepaid envelope cuz other one which one i sent with my application was used to return my passport. So i wrote a small letter and supplied another prepaid envelope for turning my documents. here is a copy of letter i sent might be helpful for others who want to send a prepaid envelope...

Date:
your name & adresss here(Right side of letter)

To,

UK Visas and Immigration
Permanent Migration
PO Box 306
Liverpool
L2 0QN

Hello Sir/Madam,

Subject: Prepaid Envelope for Returning Documents(middle)

Name:
Date of Birth:
Case ID:
Ref No:
EE2 App Date:

Please find supplied trackable Royal-Mail Special delivery envelope (prepaid) along with this letter for returning documents.

Yours faithfully,
your Name
Last edited by JohnDee on Fri Apr 10, 2015 2:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

inna.p

Post by inna.p » Fri Apr 10, 2015 2:38 pm

Is there anyone who applied in January and already got his/her RC? Just wondering if they even started processing those. (I applied 19.01)

chriskv1
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by chriskv1 » Fri Apr 10, 2015 4:36 pm

inna.p wrote:Is there anyone who applied in January and already got his/her RC? Just wondering if they even started processing those. (I applied 19.01)
I don't think so. I've been all over this forum and I didnt see anyone.
Mahatma Gandhi

jenangeles
United States of America

Post by jenangeles » Fri Apr 10, 2015 5:22 pm

I've not seen anyone either and I applied the same day as you inna.p.

chriskv1
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by chriskv1 » Fri Apr 10, 2015 5:25 pm

It seems as if they have a queue to clear all the way back from November end / December.

:roll:
Mahatma Gandhi

Embankment
Newly Registered

Post by Embankment » Sat Apr 11, 2015 1:28 am

For those of us who are waiting for the Residence Cards, here’s a post from someone (just registered!) who has been “covertly” browsing this forum for the best part of nearly a year, and whose wife just got her Residence Card a few days back. I’m not sure if I will do further postings here (mostly because I’m busy, and also I wanted to “forget” this nightmare), but my conscience told me it would be mean if I secretly browsed here, got the Residence Card for the wife, then vanished without a trace. Maybe a “meanie” might do it, but I’m not one!

My situation is a Swiss citizen with a Chinese wife. I’d like to keep all names and dates “anonymised” and approximated, if only for personal reasons.

We entered in August 2014 and I basically got a job the next month. After a few other procedures which involved a deed poll (not a huge name change), I submitted my request for the Registration Certificate in mid-December 2014 in Croydon. I waited at the place for about an hour (I was told 90 minutes or so) until the gentleman came back with my certificate. It turned out to be much faster than usual. I have to say the caseworker was a very nice gentleman.

Items submitted:
• Completed EEA1 form
• All printouts of payment files from UKVI
• Swiss passport and ID
• Pay slips (x2) from my place of work
• Work ID that my place of work gave me
• Deed poll (just to be sure)

Just a note that the Registration Certificate for Swiss citizens is what my fiction books from my young day might describe as “fiendishly pink”.

The next day I submitted my wife’s Residence Card application. We had feared this day for 7 months, and it would be nearly another 4 months before this almost year-long nightmare was over.

I was up until 05:30 (!!!!!) in the morning, obviously with my wife never too pleased, but I made sure all files were packed correctly. I had gotten from the Tesco the other day a few A4-sized transparent “file envelopes” so I packed all of them in order.
• One for the EEA2 form
• Another for all originals
• Final one for all copies

Here’s what was sent over (photocopies for all except EEA2 form):
• EEA2 form
• Wife’s Chinese passport
• Original China-issued marriage certificate PLUS bilingual notary, legalised by China and the UK
• Because China’s marriage IDs include identity document numbers, both the passport and the ID card (originals and copies) as mentioned in the marriage ID itself
• Certificate of Civil Status for Swiss nationals, clearly mentioning my Chinese wife
• My Registration Certificate (EEA1) and my Swiss ID card
• Just to make sure again, my deed poll + explanation
• To confirm treaty rights were being exercised, my pay slips (x2)
• Tenancy Agreement, Council Tax Bill, and Bank Account Statement, showing the names of both of us
• A few pictures showing us from the year we first met through to the last autumn
• “Just for the heck of it”, a recommendation letter from an academic colleague, if only to prove that “we existed in marriage” as viewed by a third party

This was not easy because my wife also used an English name not on her passport (50% of Chinese romanisation names are virtually unpronounceable!). Thus we had to use both of her names nearly everywhere.

We posted it during the lazy part of the year (everything Signed For, photographed, and postage proof safely kept), when we had all the UK bank holidays in the universe (Christmas, New Year, Easter). About a week afterwards, we got confirmation by post from the Home Office (with a very long reference number). Just a few days into the new year, we got the Certificate of Application with my wife officially granted the right to work (no surprise, as I learnt later, because we had in her passport an EEA Family Permit). This also came through via email to her inbox.

I have skimmed through the forums to the situation in Dec 2013 – March / April 2014, and have found out that ours was “slightly delayed” over one that was nearly the same timeline as ours a year back. I was up very late at times just to check how things were going. There was also no day that really went by without me checking when we got our Signed For pre-paid packages back. (Now I’m going to have to re-use these later on.)

About a week ago I found out from this board that UKVI was going to be asking extra questions. This time I stayed up until 04:00 (!!!!) in the morning and again this drove both of us insane. I started preparing evidence to show the Home Office just in case they wanted to see we weren’t “faking it”. Luckily we included things like the Bank Statements, Tenancy Agreements and Council Tax Bill in our original application, so Liverpool must have thought we were “authentic”. I started digging even into the dates some of our family members came to the UK (just for a quick visit). At around the same time I asked for her passport (plus my “old” passport) and her ID card back.

A few days back, we received the whole package with her Residence Card in her passport (all passports and IDs, and a whole stack of other files, all included, by surprise!). (I signed for her downstairs as she was doing some crazy Spam magic, as I might imagine. Ah, the weird and wonderful world of Chinese cuisine!) Being Swiss, we are more “inert”, and so nobody around our place heard the explosion of champagne or cartoon-inspired “mad shout outs” (although now both of us feel massively relieved). We just got our passports together and headed for our car as if nothing happened.

Her Residence Card now reads “Residence Card of a Family Member of a Swiss National” but otherwise the vignette is exactly the same as for a non-Swiss, EU / EEA citizen (I Google these all the time).

During all this time both of us went out with at least some kind of photo ID. I went out with my Swiss passport and she had another kind of China-issued passport-like ID that had her name in Chinese and English. With these we were able to get UK railcards and even hop onto BA flights inside the Common Travel Area (except to the Republic of Ireland, and also to Gibraltar). She also always carried her Certificate of Application along, as well as a photocopy of her passport and EEA Family Permit. Needless to say, we can now leave a tonne of paperwork at home from now onwards.

The final word of advice I have for all of us that are still waiting for Liverpool to play “catch-up” would be:

NEVER GIVE UP HOPE.

Congratulations to those who got their Residence Cards.
Fingers crossed for those who are getting it soon.
Sympathies to those that the Home Office refused.
A refusal is not the end of the world.