ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA - Settle/work in UK on basis of child's EU passport

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

itontips
Newly Registered

EEA - Settle/work in UK on basis of child's EU passport

Post by itontips » Fri Apr 10, 2015 1:28 pm

Hi,

I tried searching the forum but didn't find the information I am looking for. Can you please guide me about this?

My friend has a son who born in Greece and he got EU passport. Child is 4 years old. The parent of the child is having work permit of Greece and they are not allowed to work in any other EU country as well.

1. Is there a way to settle/work in UK on the basis of their child, because child has EU passport?
2. Can they get their child to study in UK? If yes, does government allow one of the parent to stay with child?
3. What kind of visa/form they need to fill for this?

Any help will be really appreciable.

Thanks,

LilyLalilu

Re: EEA - Settle/work in UK on basis of child's EU passport

Post by LilyLalilu » Fri Apr 10, 2015 1:32 pm

They could try to get a derivative residence card as the principal carer of an EU national child.
I'm not an expert on this but know that the option exists, maybe seniors or people who have gone through this route can advise you better.
Google 'Chen case' or have a look in this forum, there are plenty of people describing the process/their experience.
I believe they'd need CSI and appropriate funds to support themselves.

https://www.gov.uk/derivative-right-residence/overview

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... 130919.pdf
Last edited by LilyLalilu on Fri Apr 10, 2015 11:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
All information given is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.

itontips
Newly Registered

Re: EEA - Settle/work in UK on basis of child's EU passport

Post by itontips » Fri Apr 10, 2015 3:06 pm

Thank you Lily for guiding me,

I think Derivative Residence is applicable if one is already living in UK, at least that's what is mentioned in the Eligibility criteria. Currently, my friend is in UK on visitor visa with EU child.

I will read through 'Chen case' and try to find out how this can be done.

Any other response from senior members will be much appreciable.