ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

BRP and NCS

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ukswus

BRP and NCS

Post by ukswus » Thu Apr 09, 2015 6:02 pm

Can anyone who submitted their applicationgs at NCS after 2 April share their expiriences. Did they have to submit their original BRP, or was the copy of it taken, and the original BRP returned to the applicants?

I am really concerned about it, as I have some important travel plans later in the year, and obviously can't travel if the original BRP is taken.

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Re: BRP and NCS

Post by cs95tdg » Thu Apr 09, 2015 6:22 pm

There have been several members on this forum who have confirmed that the NCS do return the BRP after taking a copy, same as they do the passport. So you should be fine.

sabeekj
Mood:
India

Post by sabeekj » Thu Apr 09, 2015 8:41 pm

Hi I submitted my application on 8th April through NCS , I was allowed to keep my BRP card and they send a copy of it with the application as like other documents..

ukswus

Post by ukswus » Thu Apr 09, 2015 8:50 pm

Great, cs95tdg and sabeekj, this is very good news!

tier1o

Post by tier1o » Fri Apr 10, 2015 12:27 pm

ukswus wrote:Can anyone who submitted their applicationgs at NCS after 2 April share their expiriences. Did they have to submit their original BRP, or was the copy of it taken, and the original BRP returned to the applicants?

I am really concerned about it, as I have some important travel plans later in the year, and obviously can't travel if the original BRP is taken.
You would need to wait for biometric before you book any flights..

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Fri Apr 10, 2015 3:08 pm

tier1o wrote:
ukswus wrote:Can anyone who submitted their applicationgs at NCS after 2 April share their expiriences. Did they have to submit their original BRP, or was the copy of it taken, and the original BRP returned to the applicants?

You would need to wait for biometric before you book any flights..
Yes that's true. Unlike before where you didn't necessarily need to worry too much after submitting your application, all new applicants would need to keep an eye out for the letter requesting that they enrol their biometrics. I'd keep an eye on the April forum to see how quickly (or not) these letters get sent out, as that will be the first group of applicants that face biometric enrolment as part of naturalisation.

Short travel should be fine IMHO, along with having someone check your post while you are away. I can't quite remember how many days you are given to enrol biometrics once they issue the letter though. Vaguely remember it being something along the lines of a fortnight (from previous applications).

ukswus

Post by ukswus » Fri Apr 10, 2015 5:20 pm

My travel would be for no more than 5 working days, so hopefully this would not pose a problem.