ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

jamalakbar18
Newly Registered

Re: 10 years long residence applications

Post by jamalakbar18 » Thu Apr 09, 2015 7:44 pm

i didnt as i had BSC HOns from Uk

jugnouk
Newly Registered

Post by jugnouk » Thu Apr 09, 2015 8:42 pm

Since2015 wrote:HI All,

I have applied on 18th March 2015 and home office received it on 20th March 2015. Home office has deducted the fees on 23rd and received an acknowledgement letter.

But since then there is no sign of Biometric registration invitation letter yet. is it something to worry or am I still in the early stage of receiving invitation for biometric.

Thanks
Hi,

I applied on 10th March and received biometric on 27th, think don't have to worry too much hope will receive soon. Thanks

Mysterymeow

Post by Mysterymeow » Thu Apr 09, 2015 8:49 pm

Hello friends
Please could you add me to the spreadsheet. Application sent on 4/4/15. 6 and a half years student, 2 years PSW and 1 year 5 months Tier2. Only potential problem would be a break of 4 months when I lodged an appeal but then Pankina Judgement came through and visa was then approved. So we will see if this is straight forward or not though I did explain in a covering letter.

Thanks
Good luck and may your applications be processed swiftly.

UK007
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by UK007 » Thu Apr 09, 2015 9:03 pm

Hello friends, I have noticed a lot of users suggesting, applicant's 10 year long residence starts from the date you ENTER in the UK, however according to https://www.gov.uk/long-residence/eligibility
Your 10-year qualifying period starts from either:
when you arrived in the UK with a visa
when you were given permission to stay in the UK
Does it mean you can count your days from the date your visa was valid from, ie - Visa valid from 1st of January, but arrived in the UK 22nd of January, your 10 years count starts from 1st of January ?

Na74

Post by Na74 » Thu Apr 09, 2015 9:13 pm

Dec17 wrote:
freeman0410 wrote: Hi mate according to me you should mention all the English you did it's too late ,better stay as it is don't send anything now because it may caused you leave every thing with god he will handle it our prayers always with you I hope you will come soon with possible result . You are the luckiest one at least get interview there is lots still waiting long long time who did TOIEC .
Please do not listen to this guy - and seek professional advice from a lawyer. Mention to your lawyer about wriiting a letter to HO detailing all your english tests.

sud315

Post by sud315 » Thu Apr 09, 2015 9:23 pm

UK007 wrote:Hello friends, I have noticed a lot of users suggesting, applicant's 10 year long residence starts from the date you ENTER in the UK, however according to https://www.gov.uk/long-residence/eligibility
Does it mean you can count your days from the date your visa was valid from, ie - Visa valid from 1st of January, but arrived in the UK 22nd of January, your 10 years count starts from 1st of January ?
It is when you enter the UK, not the visa approved date
That's why I missed to apply on 5 years and had to wait damn 10 years :cry:
Life would have been a 100 times easier for me if I could have applied in 2009

sud315

Post by sud315 » Thu Apr 09, 2015 9:26 pm

jamalakbar18 wrote:finally good news

received my approval today
After 5.5 months

Application sent on 23 oct 2014
approval received 09/04/2015

23 weeks

even though last week i recieved a letter saying HO can not process in 6 months as
That's great news Jamal! bet you are so happy and relieved after a long wait!! :D
Can I ask was your case complicated that it took this long?
On the google sheet, most people who applied in Feb have already got theirs, thats why.
Oh I really do hope mine won't take that long I'm waiting to fly home :(

sud315

Post by sud315 » Thu Apr 09, 2015 9:29 pm

Can some one please tell me, how do I find this google sheet with all timeline info? Thanks in adv!

Previously when I asked some one gave me the link, so I bookmark it, but I don't know if it show me the latest, updated one or not.
Or has it not been updated with today posts or something then? :?

M2013
Russia

Post by M2013 » Thu Apr 09, 2015 9:41 pm

sud315 wrote:Can some one please tell me, how do I find this google sheet with all timeline info? Thanks in adv!

Previously when I asked some one gave me the link, so I bookmark it, but I don't know if it show me the latest, updated one or not.

rzbca
Bangladesh

Post by rzbca » Thu Apr 09, 2015 9:47 pm

rzbca wrote:
Na74 wrote:
rzbca wrote:Hi Guys,
I am going to apply my ILR of 10 years route shortly.I need some quick response.I had a penalty fine from court of £400 for not touching my Oyster card and I paid that in June 2012. Now I knew on recent rule change I believe this has already spent as it was 5 years before now it's 1year.

Also I have done CRB check but it comes all clear.

My questions
do I need to mention this on ILR application?
Does it going to affect me?
Do I need to declare any spent criminal offence?

Also to mention on my Tier 1 extension I didn't mention as my CRB was clear.

Please please anyone advice me what would be the best way forward whether to mention or not.

Also as home office started premium service, can you please suggest should I apply on 1day service ? Do you think this will benefit me to explain if case officer has any question?

I would appreciate your response .

Regards

Rzbca
Are you sure it was criminal offence and Not a civil penalty ?
I wasn't sure but people always term this as criminal offence but it's a very minor one.please advice me your thoughts.Thanks
Na74: wrote quoted:

Even if it is criminal, it was a minor case, it has been spent, and you did not do anything wrong after that, so if you declare, it will probably not be a big problem. 
however if you do not declare, and subsequently they find out (even though it is not on file), you will be definitely rejected. 
But if you declare it, then they check records and do not find it, they will be impressed with you honesty. 
In order to counter this mistake or error of past, you may also include some good references from your employers, reference from your local councillor, a reference from your neighbour (and or a British citizen, include their passport number etc).
You should get professional advice from a good immigration lawyer. 
Also check you CCJ record online, it might just be civil penalty? etc
then you will just declare it in civil judgement section, which is not very serious, so all will be good

Thanks for your reply. Could anyone please suggest me on my situation should I take premium service option? I am really hesitent what option to take.If I do go direct which peo would be better option. Please suggest me I am really confused which option to choose? Thanks in advance

UK007
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by UK007 » Thu Apr 09, 2015 9:58 pm

sud315 wrote:
UK007 wrote:Hello friends, I have noticed a lot of users suggesting, applicant's 10 year long residence starts from the date you ENTER in the UK, however according to https://www.gov.uk/long-residence/eligibility
It is when you enter the UK, not the visa approved date
That's why I missed to apply on 5 years and had to wait damn 10 years :cry:
Life would have been a 100 times easier for me if I could have applied in 2009
Why they say this then ??? :P

sud315

Post by sud315 » Thu Apr 09, 2015 10:07 pm

UK007 wrote:
Why they say this then ??? :P
Application says
When did you first enter the UK? This refers to the date of your first entry into the UK at
the beginning of the period of stay on which this application is based.

What you asked is stated I believe, because some people do come soon after obtaining visa, or without much of a gap.

sud315

Post by sud315 » Thu Apr 09, 2015 10:08 pm

M2013 wrote:
sud315 wrote:Can some one please tell me, how do I find this google sheet with all timeline info? Thanks in adv!

Thank you for the link.
But how do I find it?
If I just book mark it, can I see the latest updated one do you think?
Thanks

Timata24
Newly Registered

Post by Timata24 » Fri Apr 10, 2015 7:39 pm

Na74 wrote:
I am going to apply my ILR of 10 years route shortly.I need some quick response.I had a penalty fine from court of £400 for not touching my Oyster card and I paid that in June 2012. Now I knew on recent rule change I believe this has already spent as it was 5 years before now it's 1year.

My questions

Please please anyone advice me what would be the best way forward whether to mention or not.

Also as home office started premium service, can you please suggest should I apply on 1day service ? Do you think this will benefit me to explain if case officer has any question?

Regards

Rzbca
Hi Rzbca,
I would think this is a criminal offence as you were fine in court. I could be wrong.
However, maybe I can give you a bit of comfort from my case.
I had 3 different offences and received fine in court in 2006, 2007 and 2010. All traffic offences. I have always declared this on all my HO application including my ILR (Long residence). HO received my application in Feb and my ILR was approved in March.
All I am trying to say is please declare this on your application and I do not think you need an immigration lawyer's advice on this one. Not declaring this could potentially lead to 10years ban if HO classify this as deceitful.
One thing I would agree with NA74 on is get a letter from someone (preferably a British Citizen) who can write about your character.
As long as you do not have any immigration issues or gaps in 10 year I believe you should be okay.
On weather you should apply via post or premium - That's your call.

rzbca
Bangladesh

Post by rzbca » Fri Apr 10, 2015 8:00 pm

Timata24 wrote:
Na74 wrote:

My questions

Regards

Rzbca
Hi Rzbca,
I would think this is a criminal offence as you were fine in court. I could be wrong.
However, maybe I can give you a bit of comfort from my case.
I had 3 different offences and received fine in court in 2006, 2007 and 2010. All traffic offences. I have always declared this on all my HO application including my ILR (Long residence). HO received my application in Feb and my ILR was approved in March.
All I am trying to say is please declare this on your application and I do not think you need an immigration lawyer's advice on this one. Not declaring this could potentially lead to 10years ban if HO classify this as deceitful.
One thing I would agree with NA74 on is get a letter from someone (preferably a British Citizen) who can write about your character.
As long as you do not have any immigration issues or gaps in 10 year I believe you should be okay.
On weather you should apply via post or premium - That's your call.
Hi Timata 24,

Thanks for your suggestion and sharing your experience. Congratulations to you on your ILR! I would be even more grateful to you if you could provide your mobile number on my email k_r_zaman@yahoo.co.uk.

I look forward to speak to you .

Kind Regards

Rzbca

dr_sea
Newly Registered

Post by dr_sea » Fri Apr 10, 2015 9:06 pm

Thanks for everyone's support. I received my docs today. no BRP yet.

Biometric letter received: 26/03/2015
Biometric recorded: 27/03/2015
Approval date: Waiting
Docs received: 10/04/2015
BRP: Waiting

M2013
Russia

Post by M2013 » Fri Apr 10, 2015 9:45 pm

Great news! Congratulations! I added ur details to the timeline
dr_sea wrote:Thanks for everyone's support. I received my docs today. no BRP yet.

Biometric letter received: 26/03/2015
Biometric recorded: 27/03/2015
Approval date: Waiting

mistry2015
Newly Registered

Post by mistry2015 » Fri Apr 10, 2015 11:18 pm

I Really owe big thanks to this forum....Long pain full journey has come to to an end today . My solicitor phoned this afternoon
that he has received ILR(LR)approval latter and documents. Brief history 3 .5Yrs student + 1 Yr SEGS + 2yrPSW + 3.0 Year Tier 1 general .....Good Luck to any one waiting for decision.

Application Time Line

Application sent: 16/01/2015
Money Taken from account: 23/01/2015 (on statement 26/01)
biometric letter received: 02/02/2015 (Dated 28/01)
Biometric recorded: 04/02/2015
Approval date: 10/04/2015

Hello 27

Post by Hello 27 » Sat Apr 11, 2015 11:26 am

Hello to everybody- Finally i applied ILR and waiting for decision. I want to cogratulate all those who got their conformation. Is it possible that anybody can enter my details on application time line sheet.
Application Time Line

Application sent: 04/03/2015
Money Taken from account: 06/03/2015
biometric letter received: 20/03/2015
Biometric recorded: 20/03/2015
Approval date: waiting
Docs received: waiting

UKkumar
BANNED

Post by UKkumar » Sat Apr 11, 2015 11:31 am

Hi Friends

I came for my MSc study and As part of my MSc I went to France for one year to complete my study. And i got my graduation degree from both France and UK university. Based on that degree I got also IGS visa, since I am in UK without any gap.
Does one year gap (absent from UK) of study could be consider valid reason for 10 year LR ILR??

Thanks
UKkumar

faisaltanoli

Post by faisaltanoli » Sat Apr 11, 2015 11:48 am

Hi All;

After the drastic changes in immigration rules on 06/04/2014, pre 9th July, 2012 PBS dependents won't be able to combine any time spent as PBS dependent with FLR(M) to qualify for ILR and their qualifying time period of 5 years will start from the day they are granted an FLR(M), if the main applicant gains indefinite leave to remain based on 10 years of long residence.

I am sure there would be hundreds including me who are being affected adversely with this change in rules because this means that we are no more covered under the transitional arrangements - Part 8.

We are now about to challenge the rule in coming week. Please come forward and join us

https://www.facebook.com/groups/716996288335740/
immigration-for-family-members/pre-july-2012-pbs-dependants-petition-t164354.html

Thanks
Regards
Faisa

imi99999
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by imi99999 » Sat Apr 11, 2015 6:10 pm

Hello every one
Please advice me
I want to Send copy. Of my husband ILR to home office for my FLR(M) application and also my marriage certificate which I didn't had when I submitted my application last week
My question is
Which address should I send

Received my acknowledge from this address

Home Office
PO Box 3468
Sheffield

Or guidance note says

Lunar house
Croydon

Confused please help

m4sud
Newly Registered

Post by m4sud » Sat Apr 11, 2015 6:19 pm

Omor4real wrote:
taz123 wrote:Hi friends

Firstly I would like to thanks the member of this forum, I have received my ILR on 4/03/2015

Here my time lines
03/10/2014 application send
28/10/2014 biometric letter received
10/11/2014 biometric done
04/03/2015 decision made and BRP card received

Please update my time line on Google drive

I have got a question? for my wife n son my lawyer used a form FLR FP and I want to vary my application to flr m asap cause the rule is changing from 6/4/2015 that u have to pay extra cost per year for Nhs

Can any 1 have an idea how to vary the application and how to request for refund ur help would be appreciated

Many thanks
Best of luck who waiting for there decision
Fill form flrm and pay the full cost, then draft a letter telling HO about the pending application and tell them that you want to vary it to the new one. They should return your flrfp money, but you can tell them as well in the letter to remind them.
Hi I'm almost in same situation just want to know should I wait for the decision of my flr-fp before I change to flr-m.
Do I need to show finances for UK born son ?

Thanks-MASUD

Omor4real

Post by Omor4real » Sat Apr 11, 2015 9:38 pm

m4sud wrote:
Omor4real wrote:
taz123 wrote:Hi friends

Firstly I would like to thanks the member of this forum, I have received my ILR on 4/03/2015

Here my time lines
03/10/2014 application send
28/10/2014 biometric letter received
10/11/2014 biometric done
04/03/2015 decision made and BRP card received

Please update my time line on Google drive

I have got a question? for my wife n son my lawyer used a form FLR FP and I want to vary my application to flr m asap cause the rule is changing from 6/4/2015 that u have to pay extra cost per year for Nhs

Can any 1 have an idea how to vary the application and how to request for refund ur help would be appreciated

Many thanks
Best of luck who waiting for there decision
Fill form flrm and pay the full cost, then draft a letter telling HO about the pending application and tell them that you want to vary it to the new one. They should return your flrfp money, but you can tell them as well in the letter to remind them.
Hi I'm almost in same situation just want to know should I wait for the decision of my flr-fp before I change to flr-m.
Do I need to show finances for UK born son ?

Thanks-MASUD
Did you mean your flr fp or your mrs. Flr m is for dependent of people who has settlement/making ilr application.

If the flr fp is for your Mrs then you have to vary her application before a decision is reach, because once they issue her the visa, then you have to make new application for flrm

you don't need to include your uk born child, as you can register he/she after your ilr and yes if HO know about the child your finance requirement will be going up.

viganooriah

Post by viganooriah » Sun Apr 12, 2015 2:50 am

faisaltanoli wrote:Hi All;

After the drastic changes in immigration rules on 06/04/2014, pre 9th July, 2012 PBS dependents won't be able to combine any time spent as PBS dependent with FLR(M) to qualify for ILR and their qualifying time period of 5 years will start from the day they are granted an FLR(M), if the main applicant gains indefinite leave to remain based on 10 years of long residence.

I am sure there would be hundreds including me who are being affected adversely with this change in rules because this means that we are no more covered under the transitional arrangements - Part 8.

We are now about to challenge the rule in coming week. Please come forward and join us

https://www.facebook.com/groups/716996288335740/
immigration-for-family-members/pre-july-2012-pbs-dependants-petition-t164354.html

Thanks
Regards
Faisa
Sorry for my ignorance, but I have a friend and his wife in this situation. I would really appreciate if someone could explain why is it a problem that the clock resets for SET LR's dependants? After 12 months on ILR, the main applicant is eligible for citizenship, isn't it? Can the dependant then not apply for naturalisation as a spouse of a British Citizen?
V