ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

TIER 1 General Self Employed for ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

terrytexram
Newly Registered

TIER 1 General Self Employed for ILR

Post by terrytexram » Sat Apr 11, 2015 6:02 am

I am a self-employed worker and i am uncertain about what profit does the Homeoffice gives points to.
Lets supose my net profit is 50,000. HMRC gives me personal allowance of 10,000 which is not taxable. So my taxable income comes to be 40,000.

Does the Homeoffice give points according to the total net profit, ie 50,000 or will it consider the taxable income which excludes the personal allowance, ie 40,000.

Thanks in advance! Please help as my application is due very soon!!!!!

nice32

Re: TIER 1 General Self Employed for ILR

Post by nice32 » Sat Apr 11, 2015 9:21 am

Homoffice will award you points on 50000 thousands. The allowance isn't just for selfemloyed ,employed people are also included in it.

terrytexram
Newly Registered

Post by terrytexram » Sat Apr 11, 2015 9:29 am

nice32 wrote:Homoffice will award you points on 50000 thousands. The allowance isn't just for selfemloyed ,employed people are also included in it.
Thank you so much! Do you know where i can get a reference clarifying it because everywhere i read its so ambigious. I want to make a copy of it so that if there is any confusion at homeoffice, i can show them the proof becuase some case workers aren't completely clear of exact policies.

nice32

Post by nice32 » Sat Apr 11, 2015 11:21 am

the case workers knows about it as he himself getting 10000 thousand allowance from his salary. go to hrmc web site you will the details about it.