ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR (Tier1G route) Queries

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

tiransg
Newly Registered

ILR (Tier1G route) Queries

Post by tiransg » Fri Apr 10, 2015 5:13 pm

Hi,

I am currently on Tier1 (General) visa and will be completing 5 years continuous stay in the UK later this year. I am planning to apply for ILR on SET(O) forms with my two dependents.

I have the following queries ;

1.English Language part of the KOLL requirement :

(a) I have previously passed the IELTS test with scores equivalent to current CEFR C1 level. This was taken outside UK in August 2006. The same test report had been accepted on my initial HSMP application in March 2008. Can I use this to satisfy the English Language for settlement ? Do I need to submit the original IELTS test report form ?

(b) My wife (dependant) also has a IELTS test qualification with scores equivalent to current CEFR B1 level. This was also takenoutside UK in August 2006. However, we cannot recollect if she submitted this in any previous immigration application. She still has the original IELTS test report. Can this be used to satisfy the English Language for settlement (for partner) ?

2.Date of first entry to UK on section 6.1 on SET (O) form :

“When did you (the main applicant) first enter the UK? This refers to the date of your first entry into the UK at the beginning of the period of stay on which this application is based.”

I got Entry Clearance in December 2008 on Tier1 (General). Initially, I came to UK only for a 2 weeks visit in April 2009. Then I came to UK again to live in Aug 2010. I will be completing 5 years living in UK in Aug 2015. Based on this scenario, how should I answer the question ? I am inclined to answer Aug 2010 as that is the “beginning of the period of stay on which this application is based”.

3.The Payment guidance on SET (O) form suggests that only Delta & Maestro debit cards are accepted. I am planning to use my Visa Debit card when booking a PEO appointment online. I have heard that Delta is the old name for Visa. Does this mean Visa Debit cards are accepted for payment ? Has anybody used a Visa Debit Card succesfully when booking an online PEO appointment ?

Thanks in advance,
tiransg

moving to uk

Re: ILR (Tier1G route) Queries

Post by moving to uk » Fri Apr 10, 2015 5:32 pm

Hi tiransg,
for Q3 :YES , you can definitely use Visa Debit card.We have done that for our Tier1 extension and now for our ILR.
Hope this helps.
Sorry cannot guide you with other queries.

moving to uk

Post by moving to uk » Sat Apr 11, 2015 9:36 am

Hey ,

Btw which version of set(o) form you are using ?? The latest version is 04/15.
because
1) there is no such mention in the guidance notes as Delta /Maestro cards are accepted..
2)Guidance notes says please refer to the payment page 2 of the form
In the form you are given options
Visa/Electron ... Mastercard/Amex....Maestro/Solo...Delta.

It clearly states that Visa is accepted whether Debit or credit.
Hope this helps.

tiransg
Newly Registered

Post by tiransg » Sat Apr 11, 2015 11:08 am

Thanks "Moving to UK"...

Can others please help me on Q1 & 2?

chriskv1
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by chriskv1 » Sat Apr 11, 2015 11:57 am

Question 2 :

You have to enter August 2010.
because that's when you began your stay on which the application is based. Best of luck.
Anger and intolerance are the enemies of correct understanding.
Mahatma Gandhi

E&OE. I'm not a legal professional.

tiransg
Newly Registered

Post by tiransg » Sun Apr 12, 2015 8:19 pm

Thanks for replies. Anybody on Q1 PLS ?

tiransg
Newly Registered

5 year period Vs 28 days window

Post by tiransg » Thu Apr 16, 2015 12:45 pm

Hi,

I am currently on Tier1 (General) visa and will be completing 5 years continuous stay in the UK later this year. I am planning to apply for ILR on SET(O) forms with my two dependents

I entered the UK on 22nd Aug 2010. So I will be completing 5 years on 21st Aug 2015. Therefore, I thought of assessing the continuous period and the absences like this ;

Year 1: 21 August 2015 to 22 August 2014
Year 2: 21 August 2014 to 22 August 2013
Year 3: 21 August 2013 to 22 August 2012
Year 4: 21 August 2012 to 22 August 2011
Year 5: 21 August 2011 to 22 August 2010

However, I am planning to apply (at PEO) no sooner I enter the 28 days window preceding my 5th anniversary. (after 24th July 2015). The “Indefinite leave to remain: calculating continuous period in UK” guidance says the period is calculated backwards from the Application Date. (say at PEO on 27th July 2015). In that case should I still use dates in the above table ? Otherwise, if I calculate 5 years backwards from the Application Date, I have not entered UK by that time ! Confused !

Can somebody PLS help ?

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Re: 5 year period Vs 28 days window

Post by cs95tdg » Thu Apr 16, 2015 1:43 pm

tiransg wrote:Hi,

I am currently on Tier1 (General) visa and will be completing 5 years continuous stay in the UK later this year. I am planning to apply for ILR on SET(O) forms with my two dependents

I entered the UK on 22nd Aug 2010. So I will be completing 5 years on 21st Aug 2015. Therefore, I thought of assessing the continuous period and the absences like this ;

Year 1: 21 August 2015 to 22 August 2014
Year 2: 21 August 2014 to 22 August 2013
Year 3: 21 August 2013 to 22 August 2012
Year 4: 21 August 2012 to 22 August 2011
Year 5: 21 August 2011 to 22 August 2010

However, I am planning to apply (at PEO) no sooner I enter the 28 days window preceding my 5th anniversary. (after 24th July 2015). The “Indefinite leave to remain: calculating continuous period in UK” guidance says the period is calculated backwards from the Application Date. (say at PEO on 27th July 2015). In that case should I still use dates in the above table ? Otherwise, if I calculate 5 years backwards from the Application Date, I have not entered UK by that time ! Confused !

Can somebody PLS help ?
Yes, you can use the period you've mentioned above. As the HO allows applicants to apply upto 28 days prior to thier 5th anniversary, that period you refer to will not be considered an absence or an issue.

Note that there is also a concession given that allows applicants to use the time period between Entry clearance and Date of entry towards their residential qualifying period, so long as that period does not exceed 90 days. Just mentioning this case it applies to you and if you'd like to take advantage of it.

tiransg
Newly Registered

Post by tiransg » Thu Apr 16, 2015 4:03 pm

Thanks cs95tdg. Unfortunately, i entered after 90 days. Hence, will not be applicable to me. I am planning to insert the table to show a few absence (nothing major 4 days in one period and 18 days in another). Was wondering if it is a good idea or not...worried about guidance saying "application date", which technically is the day i go for the PEO appointment.

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Thu Apr 16, 2015 4:39 pm

The absences you have listed are quite small in number, so personally I wouldn't worry at all, on the account of your absences.

I applied a couple of years ago and did prepare a spreadsheet, but it was purely to elaborate my absences and where the corresponding stamps were in my passports - I personally didn't break them down by year as I didn't have a very large number. You can take a look at my thread below to see if any of the information helps.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/indefi ... ml#p766695

tiransg
Newly Registered

Translated Certificates (T1G to ILR)

Post by tiransg » Sun Apr 19, 2015 3:56 pm

I am currently on Tier1 (General) visa and will be completing 5 years continuous stay in the UK later this year. I am planning to apply for ILR on SET(O) forms with my two dependents, wife & son. They are currently PBS Dependents of mine.

I submitted translated Marriage certificate & Son's Birth certificate for the initial entry clearance and one of the Tier 1 extensions earlier.The translations were done out of UK with usual rubber stamp, etc but not necessarily to the standard defined as 'Certified Translation'. But no questions have been asked by HO on those previous occasions. My questions are ;

1. As i have previously proved the dependent relationships for my wife and son, do i still have to submit the (original &) translated certificates with my ILR application ?

2. If yes, do you think I need to get them professionally translated in the UK again ?

Thanks in advance.

tiransg
Newly Registered

SET(O) - How long have you lived in the UK? Question

Post by tiransg » Mon Apr 20, 2015 3:44 pm

Hi, I am currently on Tier1 (General) visa and will be completing 5 years continuous stay in the UK later this year. I am planning to apply for ILR on SET(O) forms with my two dependents.

I am planning to apply at PEO no sooner i enter the period of 28 days before completing the qualifying period of 5 years. In that case, how do i answer this question ?

7.11. How long have you lived in the UK?

Is it 5 years 0 months OR 4 years 11 months ?

Thanks in advance.

tiransg
Newly Registered

Re: Translated Certificates (T1G to ILR)

Post by tiransg » Mon Apr 20, 2015 3:45 pm

Can somebody PLS help me ?

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Re: SET(O) - How long have you lived in the UK? Question

Post by cs95tdg » Mon Apr 20, 2015 6:39 pm

The latter; 4 years & 11 months.

tiransg
Newly Registered

Re: Translated Certificates (T1G to ILR)

Post by tiransg » Wed Apr 22, 2015 3:35 pm

Really appreciate if someone can advise me on this one ? Thanks.

tiransg
Newly Registered

Post by tiransg » Wed Apr 22, 2015 3:37 pm

Thanks cs95tdg, thought if i dont say 5 years, it 'looks like' I am not eligible !

tiransg
Newly Registered

Post by tiransg » Wed Apr 22, 2015 3:39 pm

For my Q1 above, can somebody at least confirm
Q1 (a) Yes
Q1(b) No

pebb1ee

Post by pebb1ee » Thu Apr 23, 2015 7:12 pm

I put 4 years and 11 months when applying ILR through PEO Croydon and have already got ILR now

tierone_extension

Post by tierone_extension » Fri Apr 24, 2015 9:58 pm

Hi,
I was going through the new version form 04/2015
Sl no 4.4 (My self and wife passed life in Uk test so need to tick No right ?
4.4 If you and/or your partner have not obtained one of the relevant qualifications, are you
claiming exemption from this requirement because a physical or other condition prevents you
from taking the Life in the UK test or doing a speaking and listening qualification in English?
Myself and prtner have passed Life in UK test so need to tick No
if we are no do we need to go section 5
Or answer 4.5 onwards pls?

pebb1ee

Post by pebb1ee » Sat Apr 25, 2015 12:05 am

tierone_extension wrote:Hi,
4.4 If you and/or your partner have not obtained one of the relevant qualifications, are you
claiming exemption from this requirement because a physical or other condition prevents you
from taking the Life in the UK test or doing a speaking and listening qualification in English?
As you have filled 4.3 and ticked over 'Life in the UK test pass' and also ticked over an english language requirement (through ur degree/naric or u r from majority English speaking country) , then u dont need to fill 4.4
4.5 is for people who have done b1 certificate or if they have a certificate that is on the Ofqual register or awarded by the Scottish
Qualifications Authority'

tierone_extension

Post by tierone_extension » Sat Apr 25, 2015 7:54 am

pebb1ee wrote:
tierone_extension wrote:Hi,
As you have filled 4.3 and ticked over 'Life in the UK test pass' and also ticked over an english language requirement (through ur degree/naric or u r from majority English speaking country) , then u dont need to fill 4.4
4.5 is for people who have done b1 certificate or if they have a certificate that is on the Ofqual register or awarded by the Scottish
Qualifications Authority'
Many thanks for your answer Pebb1lee

tiransg
Newly Registered

Certified Translations

Post by tiransg » Tue Apr 28, 2015 4:29 pm

Has anyone used this company for certified Englsih translations ? Rates are bit on the higher side but they seem to issue the documents adhering strictly to the 'certified translations' definition on the HO guidelines.

https://www.certifieduktransl.net/

tier1app

Re: Certified Translations

Post by tier1app » Tue Apr 28, 2015 5:21 pm

Thanks for raising this topic, that is what I am looking for as well, a translation service!
So they will actually certify the documents after the translation?

I was given the below company by a friend, this is the translation service her solicior used for her application.
The cost is similar to yours, though I am not sure if they do certification. I am going to drop them a line.

www.wordbywordtranslations.com

keano
Newly Registered

Post by keano » Tue Apr 28, 2015 10:27 pm

Tiran I used those guys and they were fine. It's all a bit pricey really. HO accepted the translated police report twice (once transfer of stay and second ILR).

tiransg
Newly Registered

Post by tiransg » Fri May 08, 2015 3:31 pm

Hi,

At the end I used wordbyword..they are ok...they do the certification as well.