ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse visa refused apply from india

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

peace84

Spouse visa refused apply from india

Post by peace84 » Sat Apr 11, 2015 10:32 am

Hello,
visa type: Settlement-Wife
my wife, spouse-visa (accompanied with one child) was refused due to provided financial evidence was more than 28 days old.
They also gave me the appeal form.
please can any one help me answering the below question.
1. If I appeal then how long appeal process take ?
2. After refusal how soon I can re-apply for the fresh spouse visa application ?

Please help.

WR1

Re: Spouse visa refused apply from india

Post by WR1 » Sat Apr 11, 2015 11:29 am

Sorry to hear that. A person I know had the visa refused for the exact same reason (Bank Statement more than 28 days old) even though the financial criteria was met. There seems to be no leniency with the matter. This was back in November 2014. They have chosen to appeal and have a Oral Hearing in mid May.

1. Its variable for each case, but for the case above, the appeal to the Oral Hearing date has taken six months.
2. You can apply straight away if you wish. Just ensure your documents are in date.

Do note that if you apply fresh, the fees have gone up to £956. Also, there is a health surcharge payable in advance at the rate of £200 per year and will be for the duration of the visa, so for first 33 months issue, you will be paying £600 in addition to the visa fee. This came into effect on 6 April 2015.
Last edited by WR1 on Sat Apr 11, 2015 11:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
I am not an immigration adviser
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided

peace84

Post by peace84 » Sat Apr 11, 2015 11:36 am

@WR1
Thanks for your advice.
I may go for fresh application.
please can you confirm I will be paying health surcharge upfront for my wife and child visa ?
example (for visa issue upto 33 months)
health surcharge for wife =3x200= £600
health surcharge for my child=3x200= £600

is that right ?

WR1

Post by WR1 » Sat Apr 11, 2015 11:47 am

That's correct. £600 for your spouse and an additional £600 for one child. So £1200 payable in advance plus the visa fees
Last edited by WR1 on Sat Apr 11, 2015 11:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided

WR1

Post by WR1 » Sat Apr 11, 2015 11:48 am

peace84

Post by peace84 » Sat Apr 11, 2015 2:35 pm

@WR1,
thanks once again.
well no choice except paying such a painful amount £££ :(

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Sat Apr 11, 2015 3:23 pm

That is not a good basis for refusal.

You should appeal and there is a possibility they will overturn within the 28 days limit they have.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors