ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 ILR salary requirements

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Ashish0102
Newly Registered

Tier 2 ILR salary requirements

Post by Ashish0102 » Sun Apr 12, 2015 3:10 pm

Hi all,
I am a software developer on Tier 2 General visa under SOC code 2135. I am due for ILR on Jan 2017. My current CoS specifies a salary of 31.5K but going through the UKBA site and the shortage occupancy list I feel that I will need a salary of min 35K to apply for ILR as I am not eligible under Shortage occupancy list as am not working in visual effects and 2D/3D .

1. Is my understanding of min salary of 35K for myself correct?

2. If point 1 is correct, how can I meet the min salary requirement of 35K before applying for ILR? If my sponsor raises it to 35K around 1 year before ILR will it be sufficient and would it be allowed? Or else do I need to apply for another CoS?

3. What is the criteria for judging the salary during ILR : CoS salary or the salary on the latest salary slip?

Thanks for your help in advance.

Cheers,
Ashish

sagareva
BANNED

Re: Tier 2 ILR salary requirements

Post by sagareva » Mon Apr 13, 2015 12:31 am

Ashish0102 wrote:Hi all,
I am a software developer on Tier 2 General visa under SOC code 2135. I am due for ILR on Jan 2017. My current CoS specifies a salary of 31.5K but going through the UKBA site and the shortage occupancy list I feel that I will need a salary of min 35K to apply for ILR as I am not eligible under Shortage occupancy list as am not working in visual effects and 2D/3D .

1. Is my understanding of min salary of 35K for myself correct?

2. If point 1 is correct, how can I meet the min salary requirement of 35K before applying for ILR? If my sponsor raises it to 35K around 1 year before ILR will it be sufficient and would it be allowed? Or else do I need to apply for another CoS?

3. What is the criteria for judging the salary during ILR : CoS salary or the salary on the latest salary slip?

Thanks for your help in advance.

Cheers,
Ashish
as it stands currently

they can raise it a week before application, and it should be in their letter

but it is all round desirable -- although not required- that it be already on your most recent payslip at the time you apply

but jan 2017 is a long time away
**Please note, you can no longer contact me by PM because owners of this board accused me of using it to recruit clients, and disabled my ability to read and send PMs.**

Ashish0102
Newly Registered

Re: Tier 2 ILR salary requirements

Post by Ashish0102 » Mon Apr 13, 2015 4:55 pm

Thanks sagareva.
I believe that effectively means that the salary considered for ILR is the one on payslips and not the CoS. Hope there is no specific limit on the salary increase?

Can someone please confirm that the salary limit for my SOC code will 35K in Jan 2017?

Cheers,
Ashish