ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SET O Question, Appointment Next Week

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ravimbhatt
Newly Registered

SET O Question, Appointment Next Week

Post by ravimbhatt » Sun Apr 12, 2015 4:09 pm

Hi All,

I have been using this forum extensively for my visa application. I have an appointment next week and have started looking at the SET(O) for version 04/2015.

Background: I am in tier 1 general visa from May-2010 and got an extension in Mar-2013. I am a limited company contractor since Oct-2012. I have 2 depends who would also be applying for an ILR with me.

There are couple of questions on the form:

Section 4.3: For the main applicant, i am thinking for selecting the option that says:

"An academic qualification deemed by UK NARIC to meet the recognised standard of a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree or PhD in the United Kingdom and:
˗ UK NARIC has confirmed that the qualification was taught or researched in English;"

I do not have a NARIC certificate but based on the other posts in the forum, i am planning to give an old PBS printout that i have which gives me 10 points for english language.

Section 4.8: For my wife, she has cleared CPFR B1 from trinity collage london. What should i enter in the "Award Reference Number" ?

Section 5.3: I take salary and dividend. How much should i put here? It asks for income each month after tax and other deductions? If taking dividends into account, should i take gross or net? Even if one takes net, there may be some tax due depending on the amount of dividents?

Section 5.5: Again, should i put gross or net income here?

Section 6.3: I had travelled for 7 days to the US in 2012 for work. I have a letter from the company to the US embassy, should i put that with application? Or should i still try and get a letter from my previous employer about that travel?

Also, would be great help if seniors here can point to common mistakes to avoid?

Thanks!
Ravi

ravimbhatt
Newly Registered

Re: SET O Question, Appointment Next Week

Post by ravimbhatt » Sun Apr 12, 2015 11:06 pm

Hi Guys,

Can you please provide some guidance on this?

Thanks!
Ravi