ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Residential qualifying period reduction from 5 to 3 years

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ethanol
Newly Registered

Residential qualifying period reduction from 5 to 3 years

Post by ethanol » Sun Apr 12, 2015 5:31 pm

Hello,

We (my wife, daughter and I) are currently on ILR (Indefinite leave to remain) since May 2014. I will be applying for my naturalisation next month as I am meeting all the requirements. My wife is with me in the UK from the last 8 years, previously we were on Tier-1 (G) visa and before that on student visa, and she has always been my dependant.

My wife is currently not meeting the "time spent outside" requirement, i.e. 450 days outside in the continous 5 years period. She spent more holidays (ie. 523 days) outside the UK. She has to wait from another 11 months for qualifying on this ground!

Now, my question, once I am naturalised, can she immediately apply as the "wife of a british spouse"? Will the absences from the UK during residential qualifying period be reduced from 5 to 3 years for her? If so, luckily, she is fulfilling the condition of "270 days outside" in the past continous 3 years period!

Thanks for your time and reply (in advance).

8)
ethanol

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Residential qualifying period reduction from 5 to 3 year

Post by CR001 » Sun Apr 12, 2015 5:43 pm

Yes she can as long as she meets the requirement to apply as spouse of BC and has no more than 270 days absence in the three years immediately preceeding application and no more than 90 days in the 12 months immediately before applicatiom.

Also make sure that she was physically present in the UK exactly 3 years ago on the exact same date HO receives her application.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ethanol
Newly Registered

Post by ethanol » Sun Apr 12, 2015 6:06 pm

Thankks Char! Much appreciated.

sagareva
BANNED

Post by sagareva » Mon Apr 13, 2015 1:36 am

yes she can
**Please note, you can no longer contact me by PM because owners of this board accused me of using it to recruit clients, and disabled my ability to read and send PMs.**