ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Country of issue and issuing authority

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

srh
Newly Registered

Country of issue and issuing authority

Post by srh » Sun Apr 12, 2015 3:45 pm

Hi Friends,

I have renewed my Indian passport at ''high commission of India London'' and for question in SET(O) " Country of issue and issuing authority" answer (UK,high commission of India London) is this current ?

Thanks,
SRH

WR1

Re: Country of issue and issuing authority

Post by WR1 » Sun Apr 12, 2015 5:03 pm

The country of issue would naturally be UK. The issuing authority will be stated on your passport.
I am not an immigration adviser
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided

srh
Newly Registered

Post by srh » Sun Apr 12, 2015 7:15 pm

Thanks.

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Sun Apr 12, 2015 9:12 pm

I would construe "Country of Issue" as the country that is issuing the passport. In this case, I would say that is India.

Another way of looking at it is that if the Passport is issued by HCI London, it was issued on Indian territory. So you could argue that the answer to the question of Country of Issue is India in that sense too.

The issuing authority would be HCI London, as mentioned.

srh
Newly Registered

Post by srh » Mon Apr 13, 2015 7:33 am

This looks right now. Thanks.