ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

URGENT! English Language Requirement!

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

pavadhanula23
Newly Registered

URGENT! English Language Requirement!

Post by pavadhanula23 » Mon Oct 01, 2007 9:12 pm

URGENT!
I have sent my HSMP Application Today. For English Language Requirement:
I have submitted a certificate stating my Master degree(3-Years Course) was taught in English not my bachelors degree(i dont have one for bachelors, at this point).Is it sufficient?

amithanda
Newly Registered

Post by amithanda » Mon Oct 01, 2007 9:52 pm

does ur english cert from university clearly state the years u have studied for masters degree. If this is stated in ur english cert AND ur masters is at least 3 yrs it should be fine.

See this from guidance notes...
Please note – whilst a Bachelors degree that meets the requirements specified above will normally be accepted for the purposes of satisfying the English language requirement of your application, higher level degrees (such as Masters or PhDs) and professional/vocational qualifications will not.

This is because a Bachelors degree is normally taught over a period of at least three years, during which time a candidate is required to display a level of competence in each of the four areas – listening, reading, writing and speaking in English – equivalent to IELTS 6.

For higher degrees and vocational/professional qualifications it is not possible to establish clearly that such a qualification would necessarily have been delivered in a manner that would test each of the required elements outlined above.
Or had you made this clear in you app that ur masters is three years and was taught in english it would have been good.

gordon

Post by gordon » Mon Oct 01, 2007 10:10 pm

I read the guidance notes very differently; I took that quoted section to mean that a letter on the English medium of instruction could only be accepted in connection with a bachelor's degree, and that such a letter based on any higher degree (regardless of duration), would not be considered acceptable, categorically. I'd instead encourage the OP to get that letter from the undergraduate institution, and submit it as an amendment to the application, asap. AG
amithanda wrote:does ur english cert from university clearly state the years u have studied for masters degree. If this is stated in ur english cert AND ur masters is at least 3 yrs it should be fine.

See this from guidance notes...
Please note – whilst a Bachelors degree that meets the requirements specified above will normally be accepted for the purposes of satisfying the English language requirement of your application, higher level degrees (such as Masters or PhDs) and professional/vocational qualifications will not.

This is because a Bachelors degree is normally taught over a period of at least three years, during which time a candidate is required to display a level of competence in each of the four areas – listening, reading, writing and speaking in English – equivalent to IELTS 6.

For higher degrees and vocational/professional qualifications it is not possible to establish clearly that such a qualification would necessarily have been delivered in a manner that would test each of the required elements outlined above.
Or had you made this clear in you app that ur masters is three years and was taught in english it would have been good.

pavadhanula23
Newly Registered

Post by pavadhanula23 » Mon Oct 01, 2007 10:25 pm

Yes, My certificate cleary states the Duration of my Master Degree was for 3 Years and it was taught in English.I realized I can also send additional documents after I have made the initial application.Please see the Question 7 in the FAQs.
http://www.workingintheuk.gov.uk/workin ... p_faq.html?

I can request my University to get the similar cert for Bachelors degree as well.usually will be a quick one.
My only concern is Will it be Too late? How much time we have b4 decision making?

SYH
BANNED

Re: URGENT! English Language Requirement!

Post by SYH » Mon Oct 01, 2007 10:31 pm

pavadhanula23 wrote:URGENT!
I have sent my HSMP Application Today. For English Language Requirement:
I have submitted a certificate stating my Master degree(3-Years Course) was taught in English not my bachelors degree(i dont have one for bachelors, at this point).Is it sufficient?
If you get an officer who is only accepting bachelors degree taught in English to pass the English requirement, then you would do yourself a service by writing a cover letter emphasizing the the course is taugh in a three year period like the bachelor's degree they are using as a baseline. Further, it would be better to obtain a letter from the Master degree program that the degree did in fact require a level of competence in the four areas. Even better, would be to get the letter and proof from your bachelor degree program.
Thus while it isn't a clear cut no, if you get a nitpicky officer, then your application very well could fail.

pavadhanula23
Newly Registered

Post by pavadhanula23 » Mon Oct 01, 2007 10:48 pm

Thanks guys, I have already initiated the process of getting the cert for my bachelor degree program but this takes atleast a week.if things goes well, I can only send this supporting evidence by Mid of Next week to HSMP team as a supplement.The question is, will it be too late or whats the current processing time for decision making?

amithanda
Newly Registered

Post by amithanda » Tue Oct 02, 2007 7:42 am

It easily takes about 4 weeks, so it won't be too late, but do it ASAP.