ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Zee ali
Diamond Member

Re: 10 years long residence applications

Post by Zee ali » Sun Apr 12, 2015 7:09 am

viganooriah wrote:
faisaltanoli wrote:Hi All;

After the drastic changes in immigration rules on 06/04/2014, pre 9th July, 2012 PBS dependents won't be able to combine any time spent as PBS dependent with FLR(M) to qualify for ILR and their qualifying time period of 5 years will start from the day they are granted an FLR(M), if the main applicant gains indefinite leave to remain based on 10 years of long residence.

I am sure there would be hundreds including me who are being affected adversely with this change in rules because this means that we are no more covered under the transitional arrangements - Part 8.

We are now about to challenge the rule in coming week. Please come forward and join us

https://www.facebook.com/groups/716996288335740/
immigration-for-family-members/pre-july-2012-pbs-dependants-petition-t164354.html

Thanks
Regards
Faisa
Sorry for my ignorance, but I have a friend and his wife in this situation. I would really appreciate if someone could explain why is it a problem that the clock resets for SET LR's dependants? After 12 months on ILR, the main applicant is eligible for citizenship, isn't it? Can the dependant then not apply for naturalisation as a spouse of a British Citizen?

Support Fasial Tanoli who is taking this matter to court (JR).
I am not an immigration adviser
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided

Sumon2003
Newly Registered

Post by Sumon2003 » Sun Apr 12, 2015 5:05 pm

Hi all,
Is there any One who had interview for the ETS matter and after that what is the outcome .
Is there any one got any approval/refuse after waiting long time cause I am waiting 7 months now.

sussexguy

Post by sussexguy » Mon Apr 13, 2015 10:50 am

Hello,

I would be grateful if I may receive some of the following questions answered:

I have noticed the new Premium service for SET(LR) application. Has anyone used this facility to get same day approval yet?

I have another few months before my 10 years residence completes in the UK. AT the moment, I am on a Tier 2(General) Visa. I got married in 2013 and my wife joined me as Tier 2 PBS Dependent in September 2013. We have been living together since then. I would like to know, under what category, can my wife apply extend her stay, subject to my successful SET(LR) application?

Should she be applying after my approval or can we apply at the same time on two different categories?

Is there a validity period on Knowledge of UK life test?

Regards,SM

Arsal385
Member of Standing

Post by Arsal385 » Mon Apr 13, 2015 11:51 am

sussexguy wrote:Hello,

I have noticed the new Premium service for SET(LR) application. Has anyone used this facility to get same day approval yet?

I have another few months before my 10 years residence completes in the UK. AT the moment, I am on a Tier 2(General) Visa. I got married in 2013 and my wife joined me as Tier 2 PBS Dependent in September 2013. We have been living together since then. I would like to know, under what category, can my wife apply extend her stay, subject to my successful SET(LR) application?

Should she be applying after my approval or can we apply at the same time on two different categories?

Regards,SM
If I were you I wont go for SET(LR), because if you want to save your wife previous residency in the UK. try to get your ILR through your Tier 2 otherwise if you get your ILR through SET LR your wife will have to apply through FLR M and her previous stay in the UK will be null and void.

dr_sea
Newly Registered

Post by dr_sea » Mon Apr 13, 2015 1:04 pm

Hi,

I've recently received my ILR and will be applying for FLR(M) and MN1, however before doing so I would need to travel overseas with family. Can you advise if my family can re-enter the UK with their current PBS dependent visas ? (the visas are valid until end of this year)

Apologies if this question had been asked already.

Thanks.

zubkha
Newly Registered

Post by zubkha » Mon Apr 13, 2015 1:18 pm

alhumdulliah got my ilr
allah ka shukar
I have received my ILR on 09/04/2015.this is my timeline,and by the way i had more than 9 months gap.
20/01/2015 application send
28/01/2015 biometric letter received
04/02/2015 biometric done
26/03/2015 received e-mail that my application will take 6 months.
07/04/2015 decision made.
09/04/2015 approve letter and biometric card received.
09/04/2015 gone mad and too happy to talk. :D :D :D

best of luck for others who have gaps in there 10 yr period.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Apr 13, 2015 1:19 pm

dr_sea wrote:Hi,

I've recently received my ILR and will be applying for FLR(M) and MN1, however before doing so I would need to travel overseas with family. Can you advise if my family can re-enter the UK with their current PBS dependent visas ? (the visas are valid until end of this year)

c
Thanks.
It would be risky for them to re-enter given that you obtained ILR based on long residence and they should switch to FLR(M).
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

dr_sea
Newly Registered

Post by dr_sea » Mon Apr 13, 2015 1:36 pm

viganooriah wrote:
faisaltanoli wrote:Hi All;

After the drastic changes in immigration rules on 06/04/2014, pre 9th July, 2012 PBS dependents won't be able to combine any time spent as PBS dependent with FLR(M) to qualify for ILR and their qualifying time period of 5 years will start from the day they are granted an FLR(M), if the main applicant gains indefinite leave to remain based on 10 years of long residence.
see https://www.gov.uk/settle-in-the-uk/y/you-re-the-family-member-of-a-british-citizen/no/on-a-work-visa/tier-1
I am sure there would be hundreds including me who are being affected adversely with this change in rules because this means that we are no more covered under the transitional arrangements - Part 8.

We are now about to challenge the rule in coming week. Please come forward and join us

https://www.facebook.com/groups/716996288335740/
immigration-for-family-members/pre-july-2012-pbs-dependants-petition-t164354.html

Thanks
Regards
Faisa
Sorry for my ignorance, but I have a friend and his wife in this situation. I would really appreciate if someone could explain why is it a problem that the clock resets for SET LR's dependants? After 12 months on ILR, the main applicant is eligible for citizenship, isn't it? Can the dependant then not apply for naturalisation as a spouse of a British Citizen?
It does not work this way, the visa received by the dependents of ILR will be the same as ones received by dependents of British Citizens. After receiving this visa the clock will be reset and the dependents would need to wait 5 years. This is the case even if you became naturalized
see https://www.gov.uk/settle-in-the-uk/y/you-re-the-family-member-of-a-british-citizen/no/on-a-work-visa/tier-1

This unfortunately affects dependents of people who received ILR on the basis of long residency.

We are fighting the law to include previous leaves of dependents towards this. Please join us at our facebook page and support us to fight this.

Na74

Post by Na74 » Mon Apr 13, 2015 2:41 pm

Thanks.
There is no set rule or time period for switching dependent visa from one category to another, however sooner the better. But as long as dependent has valid visa, and the main applicant right to live , there are no restrictions on entry or exit.

imi99999
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by imi99999 » Mon Apr 13, 2015 3:17 pm

Dear All,
I need to send some supporting documents which were not available at the time of my application submission last week. I am confused about the address
I have received the acknowledgement from

UK VISA and Immigration
PO Box 3468
Sheffield.

FLR(m) guidance notes says that

15.Contacting us after you have applied
To send us more information about your application, write to the following address (not the one to
which you posted your application):
The Home Office
Initial Consideration Unit - FLR(M)
Lunar House
40 Wellesley Road
Croydon
CR9 2BY

not sure which one is correct, i had contacted Home office today and they said I should send at Sheffield address where i received my acknowledgement from but when I told them about FLR(m) Guidance, they also got confused and took my contact details and told me to wait for HO to contact me

please help, I need to send it urgently

Arsal385
Member of Standing

Post by Arsal385 » Mon Apr 13, 2015 3:29 pm

Na74 wrote:

Thanks.
There is no set rule or time period for switching dependent visa from one category to another, however sooner the better. But as long as dependent has valid visa, and the main applicant right to live , there are no restrictions on entry or exit.
You should change your Mrs visa status ASAP as it will be problematic for her to re-enter the UK. Technically she is now a dependant of a settled person and no longer dependent of PBS migrant.

Omor4real

Post by Omor4real » Mon Apr 13, 2015 6:24 pm

Arsal385 wrote:
Na74 wrote:

Thanks.
You should change your Mrs visa status ASAP as it will be problematic for her to re-enter the UK. Technically she is now a dependant of a settled person and no longer dependent of PBS migrant.
Arsal that is right i personally know someone that HO wrote to his wife that she is no more dependent of a tier 4 and they gave her certain amount of time to make an application to change her status. This was in early last year.

Na74

Post by Na74 » Mon Apr 13, 2015 6:39 pm

imi99999 wrote:Dear All,
I need to send some supporting documents which were not available at the time of my application submission last week. I am confused about the address
I have received the acknowledgement from

UK VISA and Immigration
PO Box 3468
Sheffield.

FLR(m) guidance notes says that

15.Contacting us after you have applied
To send us more information about your application, write to the following address (not the one to
which you posted your application):
The Home Office
Initial Consideration Unit - FLR(M)
Lunar House
40 Wellesley Road
Croydon
CR9 2BY

not sure which one is correct, i had contacted Home office today and they said I should send at Sheffield address where i received my acknowledgement from but when I told them about FLR(m) Guidance, they also got confused and took my contact details and told me to wait for HO to contact me

please help, I need to send it urgently
Golden rule ... Always follow what they say... If they say croydon then it is croydon... No matter where the letter came from.

truman
Newly Registered

Post by truman » Mon Apr 13, 2015 6:42 pm

zubkha wrote:alhumdulliah got my ilr
allah ka shukar
I have received my ILR on 09/04/2015.this is my timeline,and by the way i had more than 9 months gap.
20/01/2015 application send
28/01/2015 biometric letter received
04/02/2015 biometric done
26/03/2015 received e-mail that my application will take 6 months.
07/04/2015 decision made.
09/04/2015 approve letter and biometric card received.
09/04/2015 gone mad and too happy to talk. :D :D :D

best of luck for others who have gaps in there 10 yr period.

Hello sir
can u plz tell about ur gap and how did u fill that gap
thanks

dayesto123
Newly Registered

Post by dayesto123 » Mon Apr 13, 2015 7:39 pm

Hi Everyone,

Please kindly help me with some information. I applied for 10 years ILR and received my first acknowledgement email and today I received a second email saying that my application is still under consideration and we expect to make a decision within 6 months of the date of your application, which is our service standard......

My question is
1- Did anyone receive a second email before approval letter?
2- If yes was their case straightforward?

I have just received this email and very worried. If anyone has received a second email before approval letter please kindly tell me how long it took.

I applied on 02/03/2015.

Your response would be much appreciated.
cheers.

sud315

Post by sud315 » Mon Apr 13, 2015 8:00 pm

sussexguy wrote:Hello,

Regards,SM
I only know answers for your 2 last questions:
If you do receive ILR successfully, she'd need to wait until you get that decision in order to apply as dependent of you.

No validity period for life in UK test. I did mine in 2008 and applied very recently.
I asked the same q from my solicitor who told me there isn't a time limit

sud315

Post by sud315 » Mon Apr 13, 2015 8:04 pm

dayesto123 wrote:Hi Everyone,

Please kindly help me with some information. I applied for 10 years ILR and received my first acknowledgement email and today I received a second email saying that my application is still under consideration and we expect to make a decision within 6 months of the date of your application, which is our service standard......

My question is

I have just received this email and very worried. If anyone has received a second email before approval letter please kindly tell me how long it took.

I applied on 02/03/2015.

cheers.
I sent mine 24th March. Only received acknowledgement letter so far
no email nor biometric letter :( The more anxious I am, the late it's going to be it seems :?

Have you given the biometrics yet?
Looking at the timeline many have got their decisions sooner so I also had some hope, but seems they r getting late again then :(

Anyway do post any updates and fingers crossed!

akramroy
Newly Registered

Post by akramroy » Mon Apr 13, 2015 9:09 pm

sud315 wrote:

My question is

I applied on 02/03/2015.

cheers.
I sent mine 24th March. Only received acknowledgement letter so far
no email nor biometric letter :( The more anxious I am, the late it's going to be it seems :?

Have you given the biometrics yet?
Looking at the timeline many have got their decisions sooner so I also had some hope, but seems they r getting late again then :(

Anyway do post any updates and fingers crossed!
I received only one acknowledgement email after 2 weeks. Find below email content

Thank you for your application to the Home Office. Your application has been received and is being considered.

It may take up to six months to make a decision on your case. If we are unable to process your application within six months we will tell you as soon as possible.
Our web page contains further information on our service standards and other information which may relate to your application.
Can anyone else shed a light.

karmababa
Newly Registered

Post by karmababa » Tue Apr 14, 2015 10:10 am

I received a second email, and so did some other people. My case is quite straightforward. Applied in late Jan. Still waiting for the results though and really worried.

My question is

I applied on 02/03/2015.

cheers.

Zee ali
Diamond Member

Post by Zee ali » Tue Apr 14, 2015 11:37 am

My question is

I applied on 02/03/2015.

cheers.

Share your exact timeline

Did u received Bio? and did it?
I am not an immigration adviser
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided

Dec17

Post by Dec17 » Tue Apr 14, 2015 12:23 pm

Hi mates my friend also recived the 2 nd mail but with in 2 weeks he got his approval so no need to panic you guys recived it soon his case is straight forward.

gbe
Newly Registered

Post by gbe » Tue Apr 14, 2015 4:37 pm

Hi all, can someone help with advice on my case.

I have been to FTT hearing as my Tier 1visa was refused, but I varied the ground of appeal to ILR as i came to uk in Feb 2005. The judge will send his judgement soon.

My question is if judge refer the case back to HO, can I book for same day service for my 10 yrs ILR even though, I sent my Tier1 by post and all document are with home office?

Omor4real

Post by Omor4real » Tue Apr 14, 2015 6:05 pm

gbe wrote:Hi all, can someone help with advice on my case.

I have been to FTT hearing as my Tier 1visa was refused, but I varied the ground of appeal to ILR as i came to uk in Feb 2005. The judge will send his judgement soon.

My question is if judge refer the case back to HO, can I book for same day service for my 10 yrs ILR even though, I sent my Tier1 by post and all document are with home office?
Will love to hear from people that might have experinced it, because have called HO on the same thing and they couldn't provide a definite answer.

dayesto123
Newly Registered

Post by dayesto123 » Tue Apr 14, 2015 6:52 pm

Zee ali wrote:

My question is

I applied on 02/03/2015.

cheers.

Here is my timeline
02/03/2015 application sent
05/03/2015 acknowledgement received
16/03/2015 received first email
19/03/2015 biometric letter received
20/03/2015 biometric done
13/04/2015 received second e-mail saying still under consideration...
Approve letter and BRP ??? waiting...

priscaltony

Post by priscaltony » Tue Apr 14, 2015 8:02 pm

I am not a regular member on this forum, but I do come and comment occasionally. My husband has received a second email and he is still waiting for a decision.

He has applied since December but, pls note that his case is not straight forward. He is a dependant on my flro application that's currently waiting for a hearing at UT.

I hope this helps.

dayesto123 wrote:
Zee ali wrote:

My question is

I applied on 02/03/2015.

cheers.

Here is my timeline
02/03/2015 application sent
05/03/2015 acknowledgement received
16/03/2015 received first email
19/03/2015 biometric letter received
20/03/2015 biometric done
13/04/2015 received second e-mail saying still under consideration...
Approve letter and BRP ??? waiting...