ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

NI Number child tax credit

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

adil2009

NI Number child tax credit

Post by adil2009 » Fri Apr 10, 2015 11:54 am

Hi all,

I would like to apply for child tax credit I know I need apply on joint name with my wife. My wife don't have her NI number as she didn't apply so far ,she is housewife and looking after baby.

what shell I do , can I complete the form without entry her NI number ,as she is not holding NI .

Thanks

John
United Kingdom

Re: NI Number child tax credit

Post by John » Sat Apr 11, 2015 8:18 am

Any particular reason why she has not applied for a NI number? That would be the easy thing to do, see :-

https://www.gov.uk/apply-national-insurance-number

Presumably she has the right to live and work in the UK?
John

adil2009

Post by adil2009 » Mon Apr 13, 2015 3:54 pm

thanks ,so she must have NI number to apply for child tax credit .? or we can apply without her N.I ?

Thanks

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Mon Apr 13, 2015 4:31 pm

You will encounter difficulties and severe delays if no NI number is quoted for her.

Accordingly if she is able to get a NI number then I suggest she does that without delay.

Any particular reason why she will struggle to get a NI number? Wanting to claim benefits is a good reason for getting a NI number. She does not need to be seeking paid employment.
John

redding
Newly Registered
Jamaica

Post by redding » Thu May 07, 2015 2:54 am

Application with ho not permitted to work nor claim benefits however my partner is and he wants to add me onto child tax credits. I have no nino nor id . I do however have a temporary nino beginning with TN will it be acceptable? I have p60 from many yebrs back when and p45 when I was entitled to work also bank card . citizen proof of age card. Colour photo copy of passport and my birth certificate my daughter birth certificat. Any advice would be greatly advised.