ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Query - Currently on T2 G, was on T2 ICT Issued in 2009

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

pokemon2684
Newly Registered

ILR Query - Currently on T2 G, was on T2 ICT Issued in 2009

Post by pokemon2684 » Mon Apr 13, 2015 10:58 pm

Hi,
This is my second query in this forum after I got immensely benefited from your earlier guidance around T2 ICT to T2 G conversion.

Now, this is about ILR eligibility.

- Earlier I had T2 ICT Visa of which the Entry Clearance was done in Sep 2009. I travelled to UK in Nov 2009.

The sequence of events was like this;
- That visa got extended in Jan 2012 after which I went back to India. The Visa was valid till Sep 2013. In the BRP, under Visa category, it says T2 ICT Long Term Leave To Remain.
- I came back in UK again in March 2013 on same Visa. That old visa got extended again for the second time in Sep 2013. It was valid till Oct 2014. I know there is a dis-continuity in my stay for more than 180 day.
- Meanwhile in Feb 2014 I switched to T2 G and changed my employment under a new CoS. (Considering my entry clearance was before 6th April 2010, I was allowed to switch). My current BRP says it is T2 G Leave To Remain and is valid until March 2017.

Now my questions are -

1. Am I eligible for Settling in UK?
2. If no, can I continue with ILR given my original visa was issued before 2010 and there was continuity in Leave to Remain. I saw few posts here that suggests I can apply for extensions and there is no limit?
3. If yes, when? Does the clock start in March 2013 or it resets in Feb 2014 when I switched to T2 G? I am aware of new pay requirement due to be applied in April 2016 as per this link https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... _final.pdf (Future)

There, 245HF (c) does not list any combination that includes earlier T2 ICT cases unlike existing rule 245HF c(x)(1) in https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... _final.pdf (Existing Policy)

4. Also, I seek some clarification on 6 year restriction rule on T2 visas 245HE a(iv). How does it impact me given mine was 2009 one?

Sorry for lengthy post. Any help would be really helpful. Thanks!

pokemon2684
Newly Registered

Re: ILR Query - Currently on T2 G, was on T2 ICT Issued in 2

Post by pokemon2684 » Sun Apr 19, 2015 8:31 pm

Can anyone please help my case?

Thanks