ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse visa English test teken before 5th April 2015

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

peace84

Spouse visa English test teken before 5th April 2015

Post by peace84 » Tue Apr 14, 2015 9:38 am

I am planning to re-apply for my wife visa with one child as they previously refused due to my sent financial evidence was more than 28 days old and not providing employment letter. Though I provided financial evidence exceeds the £22400 income.
It’s really sad that bastard didn’t call or ask another bank-statement and payslip and simply sent refusal statement.
Has anyone experience this kind of refusal? If YES have you apply for appeal? if YES then can you tell how long appeal process taken till visa granted ?

My questions:
My wife took and passed the PTE Academic English test in beginning of January 2015 i.e. before 5th April 2015

After 6th April 2015 home office has remove that test as secured English language test however they given transitional arrangement for applicant who taken the test before 5th April 2015 and can use that pass certificate upto 5th November 2015
Reference link
https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... uage-tests

I am having a fear if entry clearance offices blindly refuse the visa on English-requirment not knowing about transitional approved tests list , Can anyone help me in writing a covering letter about the transitional approved tests list (as above) to entry clearance office ?
please can anyone write paragraph highlighting main points to ECO

thank you

WR1

Re: Spouse visa English test teken before 5th April 2015

Post by WR1 » Tue Apr 14, 2015 10:01 am

It shouldn't be an issue if the English is on the transitional list. The application form clears this up by asking if tests was taken before 6 April 2015 or after and then you fill in the relevant section for the test.

You do realise if you re-apply it's going to cost you nearly £1600 when the health surcharge is taken into account.
I am not an immigration adviser
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided

peace84

Post by peace84 » Tue Apr 14, 2015 10:15 am

@WR1
" The application form clears this up by asking if tests was taken before 6 April 2015 or after and then you fill in the relevant section for the test."

I am applying from outside i.e. India via vsa4UK online application form and I didn't come a cross the question where it ask English tests was taken before 6 april 2015. can I know which application form are you referring to ? please reply

I know its too much fee. but if I go for appeal then its nearly going to be six months as told by most of the people (including solicitors)
do you know any similar refusal case where appeal apply ? if YES can you share the visa granted via appeal time line ??

thank you

peace84

Post by peace84 » Tue Apr 14, 2015 10:31 am

I constructed a paragraph(i.e. a note to entry clearance officer) much help if some correct and review
"
Please note that my PTE Academic English test taken date is 9th January 2015 which is prior to 5th April 2015 and now these tests are in home office UK Transitional list of approved tests and providers which means that my enclosed PTE Academic English test certificate is valid to use in a UK immigration application until 5th November 2015.
Please see the reference link below
https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... uage-tests
"
"I am getting nervous not to make again any silly mistakes"

WR1

Post by WR1 » Tue Apr 14, 2015 7:17 pm

The statement is on the updated SET(M) form for ILR. I would have assume the Home Office would had updated all the other forms from 6 April 2015 to reflect this.

I suppose if you are that worried, you could include a covering letter or include a statement within the application form where you can input extra notes.
I am not an immigration adviser
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided

peace84

Post by peace84 » Tue Apr 14, 2015 7:25 pm

You are right and I will do that in additional information area.

One more thing in my sponsor letter shall I mention that it previously applied and was refused due to provided financial evidence were 28 days old n no employment letter ..... Something can I write further saying like please see my most recent payslip n bank statement, employment letter.......
Etc

Please suggest

Jules06
Newly Registered

Post by Jules06 » Wed Apr 22, 2015 7:22 pm

Hi,

I understand. it is very frustrating to just get a refusal rather than asking for missing documents.

I have prepared to reapply and this time with the help of a solicitor of course charged us for the services.
Its essential to read all documents required over and again and seek professional help.

As my husbands financial category will be part 1 B the solicitor gave us a cover letter that covers his financial requirements
for the application.

Please share ur email here if u want me to send u the details. for english languge i have a Degree from UK. which i have attached to the documents.

peace84

Post by peace84 » Wed Apr 22, 2015 8:05 pm

Jules06,
Thanks my email ..
Waiting...
Last edited by peace84 on Thu Apr 23, 2015 11:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

ADAMALI
Newly Registered

Post by ADAMALI » Thu Apr 23, 2015 11:49 am

Hi,
My wife if in UK as my dependent visa for the last approx 1 year now (as my Dependent under Tier 1 General, expiring on 15-Dec-2015), So my query is if I go for ILR (under 10 year long route) during end of July-2015 (as in AUG-2015 I am completing 10 year in UK), can she also submit her passport together with my application for Spouse visa (under my 10 year route ILR application), even though her current visa as mentioned above expiring on 15-Dec-2015.
I want to submit her passport as well for spouse visa during Jul this year with my 10 year route ILR application, so we both get passport back together. Is it possible or does she need to wait until my ILR decision comes back OR close to her current visa application?

- If she can go with above option (what Visa category/Form she will be applying for), what income threshold & savings I need to show and also does she need English Test or not at this stage?

Many Thanks in advance

peace84

Post by peace84 » Thu Apr 23, 2015 11:57 am

@adamali,
You need to apply ILR alone and once home office granted you the ILR then you can apply for your wife visa separately using form FLR(M)

Please see below thread and you will get all answers to your questions (just browsing !)

http://www.immigrationboards.com/indefi ... 21260.html

ADAMALI
Newly Registered

Post by ADAMALI » Mon May 04, 2015 12:31 pm

peace84 wrote:@adamali,
You need to apply ILR alone and once home office granted you the ILR then you can apply for your wife visa separately using form FLR(M)

Please see below thread and you will get all answers to your questions (just browsing !)

http://www.immigrationboards.com/indefi ... 21260.html
Many Thanks peace84 for your kind reply.
One more query I have about my unpaid water bill charges. It's been unpaid because it was imposed on me unfairly, as consumption was too high probably due to leakage. So the current situation is that during last year NOV 2014, I called water company and said that I have moved out from that house to another city. They had previously got a debt recovery company to recover this unpaid bill, however after I called them that STOP this debt recovery company calling me who by some means got my all previous addresses and was asking to give them proof that I have moved to a different city, which I can't because I have not moved. Howeover I called waterbill company and asked to STOP remove me from this debt recovery company and deal with me directly. They agreed and they said they will discuss with me directly about current occupier of that property and about resolving this payment by calling again. Now I am waiting for their call.

But during my ILR I will still be providing the same accommodation address will that have any effect on my case at all OR not.
Please advise. Many Thanks!