ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

NHS SURCHARGE FOR APPOINTMENT BOOKED BEFORE 6 APRIL

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Miangee

NHS SURCHARGE FOR APPOINTMENT BOOKED BEFORE 6 APRIL

Post by Miangee » Mon Apr 13, 2015 6:20 pm

Dear Members

I just what to know for my brother if some one have booked Premium Services for FLR M before changes of 6 April 2015 and have paid 1001.00 fees when booked the appointment for 20 April 2015 same day service.

Will he need to pay Health surcharge and difference of fees like 49.00 pounds as well when he appear on 20 April as old fees was paid at the time of booking.

if not then how he will get the (health surcharge No which needs to be written on form flr M

any senior explain plz

WR1

Re: NHS SURCHARGE FOR APPOINTMENT BOOKED BEFORE 6 APRIL

Post by WR1 » Mon Apr 13, 2015 6:26 pm

As afar as the fees go, the fees were paid in full at the time of booking before 6 April even though the appointment is after 6 April. There is no additional fee difference to pay and a number of members on this forum have confirmed this with the Home Office. You can ring them if you still have doubts.

I can't comment on the health surcharge as I am unaware of the situation. Someone will come along and help.
I am not an immigration adviser
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided

Miangee

Post by Miangee » Mon Apr 13, 2015 10:38 pm

yes i believe that they can not ask to pay new fees if fees paid before 6 April but what about the Health surcharge as we need to write the number on form.

only a person can let us know the answer who just went to Premium services after 6 April
so plz come forward and provide this usefull information to help others whose in same situation

thanks

singma33
United Kingdom

Post by singma33 » Tue Apr 14, 2015 11:17 am

Hello

I booked mine and paid before the 6th April.

When I called home office few days ago and asked and they said I don't need to pay the extra charges.
My appointment is on this Thursday so I can get back to you if anyone else doesn't before.

M

Miangee

Post by Miangee » Tue Apr 14, 2015 1:17 pm

hi singma33

Thanks alot to inform me I have called HO they said the same thing but you never know as there need to write IHS number on form so its depend on case worker let see

I hope you could save your 500.00 quid and have big treat for this money after getting your approval

Keep me inform plz and good luck

singma33
United Kingdom

Post by singma33 » Tue Apr 14, 2015 2:43 pm

https://www.gov.uk/ukvi-premium-service ... ppointment

I found this link, and it says
Visa premium service centres wrote:You don’t need to pay the health surcharge if you booked your appointment before 6 April 2015 (even if your appointment is after 6 April).
So hopefully fingers crossed it is what they say it is that we don't need to pay!

shah.ali12
Newly Registered

Post by shah.ali12 » Wed Apr 15, 2015 3:42 pm

I called home office and they confirmed that whoever paid before 6th april 2015 wont required to pay IHS(NHS) surcharges.

also home office representative said you could use old version of form for next 21 days from the date of change as there is always a transitional period of 21 days, and case workers knows about it.

Miangee

Post by Miangee » Thu Apr 16, 2015 1:50 pm

hi Shah ali12

Yes according to HO there is no needs to pay surcharge and its on website as well clearly mentioned that booked appointment before 6 even your appointment is after 6 april is no need to pay

also one of member singma33 has appointment today i hope he will share here for better confirmation

singma33
United Kingdom

Post by singma33 » Fri Apr 17, 2015 9:22 am

Hi,

I would like to let you know that there were no extra charges.
I paid on the 22nd March £1,001 and I did not pay anything at the appointment!

Also I took a bunch of photos but the officer said we don't need to see them, so I don't think you need to provide photos as evidence.

Good luck!

shah.ali12
Newly Registered

Post by shah.ali12 » Fri Apr 17, 2015 9:25 am

Hi Singma,
congrats, would you like to share your experience at premium centre, specially which version of form you used(old or new)? and did caseworker ask you about NHS surcharge(IHS)? and anything that you would like to advise, my family having appointment next week. thanks

shah.ali12
Newly Registered

Post by shah.ali12 » Fri Apr 17, 2015 9:26 am

HI SINGMA33,
Congrats, would you like to share your experience at premium centre, specially which version of form you used(old or new)? and did caseworker ask you about NHS surcharge(IHS)? and anything that you would like to advise, my family having appointment next week. thanks

singma33
United Kingdom

Post by singma33 » Fri Apr 17, 2015 3:43 pm

They didn't ask me anything about the NHS surcharges.
I used the April 2015 form and they did not even say anything about this either.

I hope this helps!

shah.ali12
Newly Registered

Post by shah.ali12 » Sat Apr 18, 2015 12:07 pm

Thanks Sigma 33

shah.ali12
Newly Registered

Post by shah.ali12 » Sun Apr 19, 2015 10:43 am

hi Sigma 33
can you plz tel how did you answered this question 6.33.''Do you and your sponsor have any shared financial responsibilities'' me and wife have tenancy agreement, council bill, thames water bill in joint name... then does it fall under financial responsibility?
please reply. thanks