ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR PEO appointment; no application form(SET O) filled

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Omert
Newly Registered

ILR PEO appointment; no application form(SET O) filled

Post by Omert » Mon Apr 13, 2015 5:18 pm

Hi All,

Will appreciate if someone can help with my below queries.

1 - I have PEO appointment for ILR on 1st May. While booking it did not ask me to fill in the form online, all it said to download a form, complete it and bring it on the date of appointment. Have i missed out on anything? do we have to fill in the whole form while booking the appointment.

2 - i first came to this country as a student in 2005. Since then i have been out of the country more than 10 times but can only get a written proof of absence from my current employers with whom i have worked for just over 6 years. However i don't have any evidence for the absence before that. Do i need to contact my old employers to get the written letters for those paid annual leaves.

Thanks,
Omer.

WR1

Re: ILR PEO appointment; no application form(SET O) filled

Post by WR1 » Mon Apr 13, 2015 6:22 pm

You will have to print out the application form, complete it by hand, and take it with you to the PEO appointment. That is how it has always been (and still is).
I am not an immigration adviser
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Mon Apr 13, 2015 7:39 pm

Omert wrote:2 - i first came to this country as a student in 2005. Since then i have been out of the country more than 10 times but can only get a written proof of absence from my current employers with whom i have worked for just over 6 years. However i don't have any evidence for the absence before that. Do i need to contact my old employers to get the written letters for those paid annual leaves..
Letters from employers are only required in the event your ILR residential qualifying period is made up of Leave to Remain as a T2 or WP Holder (I.e. Employer sponsored Immigration categories). So it would depend on your circumstances.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Apr 13, 2015 11:43 pm

Are you applying on the basis of 10 yesrs or 5 years on pbs visa? Just a bit confusing as you state you came to the UK in 2005 but dont dtate what your current visa is or your full history of visas and say set(o).
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Omert
Newly Registered

Post by Omert » Tue Apr 14, 2015 9:20 am

I am applying on the 5 year (Tier 1 General) rule.

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Tue Apr 14, 2015 11:16 am

Omert wrote:I am applying on the 5 year (Tier 1 General) rule.
If your 5 year IlR residential period is completely on LTR as a T1G Migrant, then employer letters to confirm absences are not required.

Omert
Newly Registered

Post by Omert » Tue Apr 14, 2015 3:01 pm

Thanks guys

tierone_extension

Post by tierone_extension » Tue Apr 28, 2015 8:32 pm

Omert wrote:Thanks guys
Best of luck for your appointment which is on 1st May