ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

new bio metric requirement

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

fortunedreamz999
Newly Registered

new bio metric requirement

Post by fortunedreamz999 » Tue Apr 14, 2015 11:09 am

Hi all

I have couple of doubts and queries to be cleared up before i file an application for naturalisation as a British in the 1 st week of may according to my criteria .

1.do u need to still go for a bio metric even though u have been given a bio metric card wen u have a got ilr done .and do u need to surrender the bio metric or can it be certified and returned back at ncs as they do it with passport earlier.

2.is there a clause or a rule that u have to be in uk exactly a year before u are applying for the naturalization as u have to fulfill the requirement of not more than 89 out of the country in last 12 months.if i want to file 0n 12 th may 2015 shd i be physically be in uk on may 12 2014 as i was not in the country on that date and i feel that if u can stay 89 out of days i have calculated the absences of 89 days deducted from 12 months period and calculated a date qualifying , eg in my case: filling on may 12/2015. one year back dated 21/5/2014 but i have been out of country from 19/07/2013----21/07/2014 .(366 days). so i have deducted the 89 days from the last 12 months qualifying period and got a date pre qualified date .so my doubt is cant i file a application until 21/07/2015 as it was the date last time entered uk .got ILR on 14/05/2013. so 12 months on ILR requirement is fulfilled.

3.the total days of absence is 474 days in last 5 years period. but in guide an it stats that upto 480 days regarded ok without any reason.is that fine.

sorry to be lengthy or silly doubt, but want to be clear before filling an application or take a risk of NCS appointment or fee paid to home office.

really appreciate for the replies and clarification .thanks in advance and kudos.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: new bio metric requirement

Post by CR001 » Tue Apr 14, 2015 11:46 am

1. Yes you need to enrol biometrics for citizenship. NCS will copy your brp and give original back to you.

2. There is no such requrement about being present 1 year ago on date of application. The requirement is that you must have been physically present in the UK exactly 5 years ago to the day that HO receives your application. Date of application is not date of NCS appointment but the date HO receives app. So if you apply 12th May 2015, assuming HO receives app on 13th/14th May, you would have needed to be physically present on 13th/14th May 2010.

3. Should be ok.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

fortunedreamz999
Newly Registered

Post by fortunedreamz999 » Tue Apr 14, 2015 5:22 pm

thanks a lot for the reply and for clarification. a bit out of stress. and will book an appointment with ncs . shd i srtike it off any section which is not applicable to me while filling the form like spouse or partner details if are single and never married. just strike off n write off......na.....?
crown service ....na......

regarding the English req i have renewed my hsmp or tier 1 general a with help of pbs calculator. do i still need uknaric letter or English req .wat option to tick.

thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Apr 14, 2015 6:50 pm

Leave sections not applicable blank. Not too sure about your second question, quite a few posts in the last week about this if you have a browse.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

fortunedreamz999
Newly Registered

Post by fortunedreamz999 » Tue Apr 28, 2015 1:04 pm

hi

any idea how long is it taking for the bio metrics form been set for enrollment and the time taken for approval after the bio metrics is done. i have seen in the forum recently that the fees deducted after a month of applying and can i known any one received the bio metrics enrollment form after the submission according to new set of rules after April 6 th 2015.

thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Apr 28, 2015 1:15 pm

Given the rules have only been in place regarding biometrics for 3 weeks now, it is unlikely that anyone can update you. You will have to keep an eye on the April timeline thread to see the progress of applications post 6th April 2015.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

fortunedreamz999
Newly Registered

Post by fortunedreamz999 » Tue Apr 28, 2015 1:20 pm

ok thanks for the reply.

yaa shd keep a eye on th april time lines and give a try by applying nxt week