ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

AN application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mimo05
Newly Registered

AN application

Post by mimo05 » Tue Apr 14, 2015 7:25 pm

Dear Sir/Madam
Could you please advice me on my application.
Q1.3 when you were given indefinite leave to enter/remain in the UK?
A: shall I write the date of my permanent residency?
Q1.15 Current marital status
A:I am married but have been separated from my husband. Shall I answer married or legally separated?
(Guide says that if I'm separated-to the Home office I'm still married)
Q Details of your partner:
A shall i fill it in if I'm separated? If yes,what if i do not know his address or do not remember exactly his place of birth
Q3.1 What is your occupation?
A I'm self employed, started in November 2014, how do I answer :Address of tax office or tax office reference? Is it address of HM revenue and my UTR?
Q Biometric information: will i be send details how to enroll?
Q:Evidence of knowledge of Language and of Life in the UK
A: I have level 3 certificate equivalent to B1, Is that ok?
I am applying based on my permanent residency, do I still have to prove my 5 years activity, marriage...?(this was all done for permanent residency)
SECTION 7 Evidence of tax for self-employed applicants only
The most recent HM Revenue & Customs Self Assessment Statement of Account
How do I answer that?

My children application:
1.1 Please indicate the section of the British Nationality Act 1981 under which you would like the application considered.
is this the one: section 3 (1) child whose parents are applying for British citizenship.
1.3 Please say if and when the child was given indefinite leave to enter/remain in the UK.
My children are of EEA national,I have permanent residency, i never applied for my children, they do not have indefinite leave to enter/remain, is that a problem?
Q Present nationality
My children can have Lithuanian and Belarus nationality, my daughter's Lithuanian passport expired and we never applied for my son.They were born here.
Do I state Lithuanian nationality?
Q child's father's address - what if i do not know it? We are separated.
Father never applied for indefinite leave, but should qualify. How do I answer Q: date father became settled in UK?
Child residence , date and place of arrival?
Do i say date of birth and place of arrival-born in UK?
Section 3 asks which parent is British by descent on whom application is based
I is on me, mother, but I am not British, how do I respond?
If parent EEA national- her father is, he exercised his treaty rights, but never applied for IL.
application is based on a family member of EEA with permanent residency, but there is no such section. how do I respond?
If someone could assist me with this questions, I would be very grateful.
Kind Regards
Maryia

fwd079
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Re: AN application

Post by fwd079 » Wed Apr 15, 2015 10:08 am

mimo05 wrote:Dear Sir/Madam

Could you please advice me on my application.
Q1.3 when you were given indefinite leave to enter/remain in the UK?
A: shall I write the date of my permanent residency?
Yes. Date on your PR card.
mimo05 wrote: Q1.15 Current marital status
A:I am married but have been separated from my husband. Shall I answer married or legally separated?
(Guide says that if I'm separated-to the Home office I'm still married)
Married, unless divorce is settled.
mimo05 wrote: Q Details of your partner:
A shall i fill it in if I'm separated? If yes,what if i do not know his address or do not remember exactly his place of birth
You can ask him if he's happy to give, otherwise I'd leave blank and explain in a cover letter, also would notify it to sender during NCS appointment.
mimo05 wrote: Q3.1 What is your occupation?
A I'm self employed, started in November 2014, how do I answer :Address of tax office or tax office reference? Is it address of HM revenue and my UTR?
Don't know, never been self employed. I'd await more replies.
mimo05 wrote: Q Biometric information: will i be send details how to enroll?
Yes.
mimo05 wrote: Q:Evidence of knowledge of Language and of Life in the UK
A: I have level 3 certificate equivalent to B1, Is that ok?
That is for Knowledge of English, did you pass Life in the UK test?
mimo05 wrote: I am applying based on my permanent residency, do I still have to prove my 5 years activity, marriage...?(this was all done for permanent residency)
You need to prove five years stay. Click here for more information.

mimo05 wrote: SECTION 7 Evidence of tax for self-employed applicants only
How do I answer that?
I'm guessing, it should be detail of your latest tax returns. I'd await more replies on this.
mimo05 wrote: My children application:
1.1 Please indicate the section of the British Nationality Act 1981 under which you would like the application considered.
is this the one: section 3 (1) child whose parents are applying for British citizenship.
It depends where children were born. See the Children section please.
mimo05 wrote: 1.3 Please say if and when the child was given indefinite leave to enter/remain in the UK.
My children are of EEA national,I have permanent residency, i never applied for my children, they do not have indefinite leave to enter/remain, is that a problem?
Yes, if not born in UK then need to have PR, otherwise it could be a problem, click here to read about it.
mimo05 wrote: Q Present nationality
My children can have Lithuanian and Belarus nationality, my daughter's Lithuanian passport expired and we never applied for my son.They were born here.
Do I state Lithuanian nationality?
Yes, they have your current nationality until you register them. If they were born after you got PR, they are British, otherwise have their parent's nationality.
mimo05 wrote: Q child's father's address - what if i do not know it? We are separated.
Replied above.
mimo05 wrote: Father never applied for indefinite leave, but should qualify. How do I answer Q: date father became settled in UK?
Leave blank and explain, if both parents are not settled then registration of children born abroad is at discretion of Home Office.
mimo05 wrote: Child residence , date and place of arrival?
Do i say date of birth and place of arrival-born in UK?
Children born in UK have entitlement to register once a parent is settled, or granted British Citizenship. If child was born after a parent was granted settlement/PR/ILR, then child is automatically British and can apply for passport directly.

Click here to read MN1 guide, specially page 7 and 8.
mimo05 wrote: Section 3 asks which parent is British by descent on whom application is based
I is on me, mother, but I am not British, how do I respond?
Leave blank.
mimo05 wrote: If parent EEA national- her father is, he exercised his treaty rights, but never applied for IL.
Child born in UK has entitlement to register, once a parent has PR/ILR. Please read MN1 guide fully, specially page 6 to page 14. I think it should cover your children's case.

mimo05 wrote: Application is based on a family member of EEA with permanent residency, but there is no such section. how do I respond?
If someone could assist me with this questions, I would be very grateful.
Kind Regards
Maryia

It seems to me you are not EEA national. But if you are EEA national then ignore the rest of this para. If you are not EEA national and you are having trouble getting information from children's father, then I strongly request you to get your Citizenship first and apply for MN1 later on your own behalf to make things easier.
Good luck.
Being British is a state of mind.
Want to maintain timeline of any thread? Click here and grab template.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Apr 15, 2015 10:21 am

I'm self employed, started in November 2014, how do I answer :Address of tax office or tax office reference? Is it address of HM revenue and my UTR?
Your UTR
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

janto

Post by janto » Wed Apr 15, 2015 12:43 pm

mimo05 wrote:SECTION 7 Evidence of tax for self-employed applicants only
How do I answer that?
A "Self Assessment Statement of Account" is what HMRC send you after receiving your tax return to tell you how much you have to pay. I'm guessing you haven't filed your first tax return yet?

mimo05
Newly Registered

Post by mimo05 » Thu Apr 16, 2015 8:24 am

Just wanted to say thank you to all who have assisted me in answering my questions and all that might answer in the future.
Kind Regards
Maryia