ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship certificate, supporting doc. is with home office

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Saman.NJ
Newly Registered

Citizenship certificate, supporting doc. is with home office

Post by Saman.NJ » Thu Apr 16, 2015 12:06 am

Hello Forum,

I'm going to apply for my baby british citizenship certificate which requires my marriage certificate as supporting document. Unfortunately that doc is with home office for my husband FLRm application.
Is is possible to prepare a covering letter and refer the reference /case number for that application, so maybe home office can obtain it somehow?

Your answers will be really helpful because I don't want to wait for 2 months before FLRm arrives and then send my child application.

Thanks everyone

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Citizenship certificate, supporting doc. is with home of

Post by CR001 » Thu Apr 16, 2015 1:16 am

Was baby norn before you got ILR? If so what year and in the UK or born abroad?

For child registrations for UK born children, the marriage certificate is required if born before 2006, see quote extract from forum FAQs
Q2: Which documents are needed for registration as BC?

If applying under section 1(3) (child born in the UK to parents who now at least one parent holds ILR), the following documents are required:

- Original full UK birth certificate for the child (with the ILR parent named on it).
- Original child passport (if has one).
- Parent's passport showing ILR / BRP. (photocopies of all pages are accepted)
- Marriage certificate (if child born before 2006).
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Saman.NJ
Newly Registered

Re: Citizenship certificate, supporting doc. is with home of

Post by Saman.NJ » Thu Apr 16, 2015 12:28 pm

Please see my reply in red below.

CR001 wrote:Was baby norn before you got ILR? If so what year and in the UK or born abroad? Yes, Born 2014 in the UK and living in the UK, My Settlement in 2015

For child registrations for UK born children, the marriage certificate is required if born before 2006, see quote extract from forum FAQs Thanks CR001, but I can't see this exception in MN1 guide notes or anywhere else, would you be able to send me where in application guide etc it states that?
Q2: Which documents are needed for registration as BC?

If applying under section 1(3) (child born in the UK to parents who now at least one parent holds ILR), the following documents are required:

- Original full UK birth certificate for the child (with the ILR parent named on it).
- Original child passport (if has one).
- Parent's passport showing ILR / BRP. (photocopies of all pages are accepted)
- Marriage certificate (if child born before 2006).