ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

i need you help guys

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

tobbi
Newly Registered

i need you help guys

Post by tobbi » Thu Apr 16, 2015 9:56 am

hi , every one ,
i am non eu/eaa national and i want to move to Ireland with my English girlfriend , we have been together past two years now and we are not married yet. i sent email to Irish embassy in London and they told me if i don't have a permanent residency in uk i have to apply in my home country. i come from Africa, so it will be quite expensive to do that with having to go back. can i be be able to turn up at point of entry with mu girlfriend and be given a visa so that i can sort my family/spouse card with Irish authorities?
or can just get to Irish visa at any port of entry since i will be traveling with my girlfriend ? any help will be appreciated.

joker
Ireland

Re: i need you help guys

Post by joker » Sun Apr 19, 2015 6:45 pm

Unfortunately there are no short cuts such as just showing up. I doubt you will get a visa at the airport, Your only way in is to apply for a visa back home at the British embassy as that's what you want to live in the UK :?: