ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying earlier by 1 day

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Frostbite
Newly Registered

Applying earlier by 1 day

Post by Frostbite » Wed Apr 15, 2015 11:59 pm

Hi Guru's,

Advise needed on my upcoming naturalisation application. I received my ILR on 15th May, 2014 and after completing exactly 1 year i will qualify for UK citizenship application on 15th May, 2015. After reading through various posts on here i have gathered that date of application is considered the date on which the application is received by UKVI. Bearing this in mind is it possible for me to send off my application on 14th May, 2015 which will be 1 day earlier instead of my qualifying date of 15th May, 2015.

If the above wont jeapordise my application then i would rather send it off a day earlier. I would be very grateful for any expert input by senior members and gurus on here.

Many thanks in advance.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Applying earlier by 1 day

Post by CR001 » Thu Apr 16, 2015 1:17 am

Should be fine. Why don't you use NCS to apply as then you get to keep your original docs.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

navodwickra

Re: Applying earlier by 1 day

Post by navodwickra » Thu Apr 16, 2015 2:15 pm

Frostbite wrote:Hi Guru's,

Advise needed on my upcoming naturalisation application. I received my ILR on 15th May, 2014 and after completing exactly 1 year i will qualify for UK citizenship application on 15th May, 2015. After reading through various posts on here i have gathered that date of application is considered the date on which the application is received by UKVI. Bearing this in mind is it possible for me to send off my application on 14th May, 2015 which will be 1 day earlier instead of my qualifying date of 15th May, 2015.

If the above wont jeapordise my application then i would rather send it off a day earlier. I would be very grateful for any expert input by senior members and gurus on here.

Many thanks in advance.
Actually it will be 1 year on 14th May. As CR001 suggested use NCS to apply.