ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA2 Application Timelines - ONLY 1 TOPIC - UpToDate

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Embankment
Newly Registered

Re: EEA2 Application Timelines - ONLY 1 TOPIC - UpToDate

Post by Embankment » Mon Apr 13, 2015 10:00 pm

Thank you everyone who found my last post on the last page useful. Just an extra note to keep your eyes wide peeled for the postman when he comes back with the package with your documents, including hopefully the Residence Card in the passport! We had one come around in late February 2015 and from the videocam at home, I can see he had a package for us, because he rang our flat number and I could see clearly in the video. We were both all in pyjamas then (!!) — we can get up a little late at times (on Sundays, for example, everything opens up late!).

We missed the postman by just a few minutes. I saw there was nothing delivered in our postbox. Because I had read there were cases the documents went to the wrong people, and because I was a little suspicious of this happening in our flat (we later found that a lot of people in our flat complex had post problems, so it was not just "our" problem!), I immediately rang the Post Office / Royal Mail via mobile phone, and was actually quite serious with them, saying if this went to the wrong hands they could be in legal trouble! I then re-checked our "planted" Signed For numbers. Nothing happened.

I also have to tell you it never hurts to call the Home Office on legitimate grounds. I called them next and quickly explained them the situation, as well as ask if it was really our package and if not, how our case was doing. They responded in saying it was still early days and a decision has not been made back then. For the next few days we remained on very high alert, checking post boxes everytime we came in and went out the home. The casual observer would have thought we were crazy, but then it never hurts to just double-check!

Finally a little note on the "response" letter we got from the UK Home Office, along with our files. Ours read a little bit like this:

• "I am returning your document which features an endorsement confirming your status."
-> This is a remark about them sticking the Residence Card on your passport. Your status is indeed created when you first legally enter the UK, so the EEA / (Swiss) Family Permit already creates this, even if you had one given to you at the border!

• "At present your only claim to remain in the [UK] is as the family member of a Swiss national who is exercising Treaty rights here."
-> The Swiss (that's me!) doesn't need to do anything, in fact, as long as the Swiss does not apply his weight against the benefits system! Work is not "mandatory" if you have a lot of cash, but as we come from family backgrounds where we were educated that "if you want something, work hard, don't slack", we considered "work" to be "the normal".

• "If your family member decides to leave the [UK], or ceases exercise Treaty rights, or if you cease to be a family member, you would have to qualify to remain in the [UK] in your own right.
-> Basically this means if the Swiss leaves on his / her own, or leans too heavily on the UK benefits system, or if a divorce happens. Other ways this can be lost, theoretically, includes losing Swiss citizenship (in practice almost-impossible in this "peaceful" era unless you gave it up or lost it due to getting a new nationality which does not permit dual / multiple nationality).
-> This doesn't really mean you will have to leave the UK, as there is the "retention" route.

• "This Directorate should be notified immediately..."
-> Again you should inform the UK Home Office if any of the above is the case. This can be a little tricky to do at airports unless any new government after 07 / 08 May 2015 re-institutes "full" exit controls (like at Zürich Airport and Beijing Airport, just to mention a few), but it is the law nonetheless.

It is also interesting they returned all photocopies, which is good actually since it saves all that paper being reprinted just to apply for the non-Swiss family member any further visa for a third country.

We too were always prepared for a Home Visit, not because there was anything to "fake" (of course not), it was just we didn't quite like anyone outside our family to see the home "like a war zone" (as my wife would say; this would happen sometimes if I reorganised what must seem to be a trillion documents). Given we kept late hours, it would have been a problem if they called at, for example, 07:00 when at our place it was only "lights off" a few hours earlier! Of course there was nothing to worry about.

Finally out of organisational considerations I would also suggest maybe putting sets of files together and into transparent file organisers (in German it's «Zeigetaschen» I think, a little bit at a loss to translate this directly into English) and to label them all with the applicant's name, passport number, and type of document. This was what kept me up until 05:30 in the morning (!) but I personally think it made the life of the caseworker less h*ll. Ultimately it might get you your documents back, if only earlier by a day! I think you get better results if you work with them rather than imagining them to be foes that must be cornered.

PS: Also a note that applicants on and after 06 April 2015 will have to pay £ 65.— (£ 10.— increase) + the extra fee of the biometrics, I know this is obviously not the news we want to hear! Not "any" Post Office will do; you will have to find one with biometrics collection devices, but they should be clearly labelled as such. Also the new EEA (FM) form (old EEA2 / EEA4 form) will contain 137 pages (!!), but then you might want to check which pages you need exactly and only print these. Hopefully with them asking you the thousands of questions on the form, they could probably speed up the process by identifying early signs of fake relationships.

(I'm not an immigration professional! Just a normal citizen who has been scared by the system so much, I now read everything at least ten times so to sure I know what to expect!)

wegiwegi
Switzerland

Post by wegiwegi » Mon Apr 13, 2015 10:36 pm

embankment wrote:Basically this means if the Swiss leaves on his / her own, or leans too heavily on the UK benefits system, or if a divorce happens. Other ways this can be lost, theoretically, includes losing Swiss citizenship (in practice almost-impossible in this "peaceful" era unless you gave it up or lost it due to getting a new nationality which does not permit dual / multiple nationality).
Well, I do have 3 passports, to get one of them, I was supposed to give up the Swis one, I did sign the papes, and got one of the other two, but I still have the Swiss passport, they didn't give a monkey of me renouncing to their nationality, so happy days for me with 3 passports, very useful when travelling to a specific country.
Timeline:
Fourth application sent 21.07.17
HO received 24.07.17
Paid on 25.07.17
Biometrics 23.08.17
COA received 07.09.17
Passports received 07.09.16
Documents returned 13.11.17 dated 09
RC 13.11.17 dated 09

Mojo12
Newly Registered

Post by Mojo12 » Mon Apr 13, 2015 10:39 pm

Hi svalavil
Can you post what kind you been asked
And how long took and how your interview
Was its relly help me I got interview at 29
Thanks

chriskv1
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by chriskv1 » Tue Apr 14, 2015 1:16 pm

Did anyone get any reply ?

What about the people who got additional questionnaire ?
Anger and intolerance are the enemies of correct understanding.
Mahatma Gandhi

E&OE. I'm not a legal professional.

svalavil

Post by svalavil » Tue Apr 14, 2015 7:35 pm

Please pm me
Last edited by svalavil on Tue Apr 14, 2015 9:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

chriskv1
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by chriskv1 » Tue Apr 14, 2015 8:46 pm

edit out your number and pm him.
Mahatma Gandhi

fabflower
Newly Registered

Post by fabflower » Tue Apr 14, 2015 9:55 pm

Blinxy wrote:Hi can somebody's HELP?

As Of today no COA it's been more than 1 month since I applied
Blinxy wrote:Hi,

I am worried because I applied for the EEA2 (married partner):

Application sent on 09/01
Received from HO on 12/01
Confirmation received by E-mail 13/01
Letter of confirmation received on 20/01

NO COA for the moment
No money withdrawn from my account.

Is there somebody in the same case?

Also i started a new job my EEA1 expired yesterday can I still work????

I'm in the same boat
Actually really worried now

I applied for EEA 2 (married partner)

Application sent 27/02

No COA
No money withdrawn

Anyone else experiencing this! :(

chriskv1
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by chriskv1 » Tue Apr 14, 2015 9:58 pm

fabflower wrote:
Blinxy wrote:Hi can somebody's HELP?

As Of today no COA it's been more than 1 month since I applied
Blinxy wrote:Hi,

I am worried because I applied for the EEA2 (married partner):

Application sent on 09/01
Received from HO on 12/01
Confirmation received by E-mail 13/01
Letter of confirmation received on 20/01

NO COA for the moment
No money withdrawn from my account.

Is there somebody in the same case?

Also i started a new job my EEA1 expired yesterday can I still work????

I'm in the same boat
Actually really worried now

I applied for EEA 2 (married partner)

Application sent 27/02

No COA
No money withdrawn

Anyone else experiencing this! :(

If you got letter of confirmation then be patient. they have huge backlogs that they have to go through.
Mahatma Gandhi

fabflower
Newly Registered

Post by fabflower » Tue Apr 14, 2015 10:04 pm

G2ry48 wrote:hi. Irish and Malaysian. Married. No money withdrawn since we applied in 28 Oct 2014 until now. I wonder why? usually HO take the money straight away.

Hi

Same here

Applied for EEA2 married partner
Sent application 27/02

No COA
No money withdrawn

Really worried :?

chriskv1
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by chriskv1 » Wed Apr 15, 2015 12:46 am

Guys I'm going to go to a really famous temple today :)

Anyone wants me to pray for you specifically ? Let me know here :D
Mahatma Gandhi

gullposh

Post by gullposh » Wed Apr 15, 2015 1:45 am

Hello guys
My timeline is
EEA 2 married
Application sent : 19 December 2014
Received : next day 20 December 2014
COA : 8 January 2015
Its been almost 4 month
Still no reply or received any letter from HO
No home visit no interview call

Is it positive sign for process my application or they forget about my application.?
Haha
Is ther one of you guys who submitted same date as mine and got RC or any further updates . Please let me know guys . :)
Wish you best of luck to all of you who waiting for good news . Good luck and stay blessed

JohnDee

Post by JohnDee » Wed Apr 15, 2015 3:29 pm

hello guys :D I'm back with my last and 53th post, :lol: i joined this forum next day after sending my application and since then i've been posting all updates and helped others at times :lol: ....now i can say I'm very delighted to share this good news with you all that today

:lol: AT LAST GOT MY RC(VISA) :lol:

TimeLine: EEA2 Docs Sent : 29th Oct 2014 , COA received on 18th Nov, Home Visit 1st April .......!!!!

.. :) it all came in same special envelop i sent to return my documents but on tracking it didn't reflect no movement, one weird thing got my attention and wanted to share with you all that visa is printed on a4 size paper on 1/4 size exactly same like we get stamp on passport . :lol:

:) best of luck to all those who are still waiting and BIG THANKS to all who been helpful by sharing and writing their story... it was wonderful, stressful and hard journey of RC . :wink:

jenangeles
United States of America

Post by jenangeles » Wed Apr 15, 2015 3:39 pm

So, this week was your lucky week JohnDee - congrats! That's strange about the tracking information, surely the whole purpose of having a tracked package is so that you can actually see when it's moving and when it's been signed for. Maybe it's just delayed but no matter for you since you got your RC so now you can get on with your life.

Sebi125
Newly Registered

Post by Sebi125 » Wed Apr 15, 2015 4:08 pm

JohnDee wrote:
hello guys :D I'm back with my last and 53th post, :lol: i joined this forum next day after sending my application and since then i've been posting all updates and helped others at times :lol: ....now i can say I'm very delighted to share this good news with you all that today

TimeLine: EEA2 Docs Sent : 29th Oct 2014 , COA received on 18th Nov, Home Visit 1st April .......!!!!

.. :) it all came in same special envelop i sent to return my documents but on tracking it didn't reflect no movement, one weird thing got my attention and wanted to share with you all that visa is printed on a4 size paper on 1/4 size exactly same like we get stamp on passport . :lol:

:) best of luck to all those who are still waiting and BIG THANKS to all who been helpful by sharing and writing their story... it was wonderful, stressful and hard journey of RC . :wink:

Congrats Jhondee

sheikh787
Newly Registered

Post by sheikh787 » Wed Apr 15, 2015 4:12 pm

congrats johndee :)

JohnDee wrote:

foxig
Newly Registered

Post by foxig » Wed Apr 15, 2015 8:24 pm

Hi everyone! My timetable is:
Application sent on 08/12/14
Payment email: 23/12/2014
COA received: 24/12/2014 (dated 23/12/2014)
RC received: 08/04/2015 (dated 07/04/2015)

chriskv1
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by chriskv1 » Wed Apr 15, 2015 8:27 pm

JohnDee wrote:

CONGRATS! :D
Be sure to return after 5 years when you apply for EEA4 hahaha ;)
Mahatma Gandhi

gozpojicata
Newly Registered

Post by gozpojicata » Thu Apr 16, 2015 12:03 am

[quote="JohnDee"]

Hi JohnDee
Congratulation on recieving your residence card.Its a wonderfull end of story with happy end.
Hope so everybody soon will resieve thems RC.
Best of luck in anything in the future.

gullposh

Post by gullposh » Thu Apr 16, 2015 12:43 am

foxig wrote:Hi everyone! My timetable is:

hello foxig.. CONGRATULATION for your RC.. it is really fast processed in your case..

may i know which nationality you and your partner have? did you apply married or as a unmarried couple ?

gozpojicata
Newly Registered

Post by gozpojicata » Thu Apr 16, 2015 2:00 am

[quote="foxig"]Hi everyone! My timetable is:
RC received: 08/04/2015 (dated 07/04/2015)[/quote

Congratulation on resieving of your RC.
Wish you best of luck for the future.
Can you share with us more info about your case like did you have home office visit,interview,additional paper to send or it was streight forward case.
For any others wish you soon to resieve good news for your applications

Nabil_m
Newly Registered

Post by Nabil_m » Thu Apr 16, 2015 2:37 pm

K
Last edited by Nabil_m on Fri Apr 17, 2015 12:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sunshine86
Mood:
India

Post by Sunshine86 » Thu Apr 16, 2015 4:13 pm

Hi All

Decided to put my timeline out here for the EEA2:

Submitted application- 23/03/15

Received by UKBA- 24/03/15

Acknowledgement Email- 30/03/15

COA received- 13/04/15 (Dated for 30/03/15)

Requested Return of Documents- 8/04/15
Last edited by Sunshine86 on Thu Apr 16, 2015 4:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sunshine86
Mood:
India

Post by Sunshine86 » Thu Apr 16, 2015 4:14 pm

Sunshine86 wrote:Hi All

Decided to put my timeline out here for the EEA2:

Submitted application- 23/03/15

Received by UKBA- 24/03/15

Acknowledgement Email- 30/03/15

COA received- 13/04/15 (Dated for 30/03/15)

Requested Return of Documents- 8/04/15

I have a question here if anyone can please help- Does it say that you have applied for a 'Derivative Residence card' on your COA?

foxig
Newly Registered

Post by foxig » Thu Apr 16, 2015 7:54 pm

gullposh wrote:

hello foxig.. CONGRATULATION for your RC.. it is really fast processed in your case..

may i know which nationality you and your partner have? did you apply married or as a unmarried couple ?
Thanks, gullposh! It was really hard months of waiting!
I'm Hungarian, husband and stepson are Russian. We've married a year or so. In November we had refusal cos I sent copies of some documents (application was sent in September).

foxig
Newly Registered

Post by foxig » Thu Apr 16, 2015 7:58 pm

gozpojicata wrote:
RC received: 08/04/2015 (dated 07/04/2015)[/quote

Congratulation on resieving of your RC.
Wish you best of luck for the future.
Can you share with us more info about your case like did you have home office visit,interview,additional paper to send or it was streight forward case.
For any others wish you soon to resieve good news for your applications

Thanks a lot!
We didn't have any additional action with HO. Maybe cos my husband applied for EEA family permit in Russia with lots of proof our living together!

Good luck everyone!