ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

LifeinUK Test validity

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

qhussain

LifeinUK Test validity

Post by qhussain » Thu Apr 16, 2015 9:05 pm

Hi All,

I have seen many threads on this topic and I also believe, there is no expiry date for LifeInUK certificate.
But just wanted to check, if any one has really used the old LifeInUK certificate for their ILR application.

I don't want to risk 1900£ for 50£.

I have completed my life in uk test in March 2013 and going for ILR in May 2015.

Please share your experience.

Regards,
Qumar

sud315

Re: LifeinUK Test validity

Post by sud315 » Thu Apr 16, 2015 9:12 pm

Don't quite understand what you mean by the "old" one

I have done mine in 2008
I didn't get a certificate. Its pass notification letter.
Which I submitted for my ILR application last month.

So yours isn't old at all!! relax! :lol:

WR1

Re: LifeinUK Test validity

Post by WR1 » Thu Apr 16, 2015 9:40 pm

There is no such thing as as a "old LIUK test"

Yes, there have been 3 editions of the LIUK material, but once you passed (even the first edition), it is valid indefinitely.

The latest 3rd edition material was changed back in March 2013.

The test was first introduced 10 years ago back in 2005, and tests taken in 2005 are valid even today.
I am not an immigration adviser
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided