ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

CoS allocations after License Granted and RLMT

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

dialectic

CoS allocations after License Granted and RLMT

Post by dialectic » Thu Apr 16, 2015 12:39 pm

Hi fellow members.

I am about to apply for a Tier 2 Extension (Change of employment - change of both company and SOC code). The company offering me the position got their license granted 2 days ago. I have a couple of questions:

1. I was informed they have zero unrestricted CoS allocated. Apparently according to the reasons they stated while requesting the number of UCoS's while filling the application (I understand they requested 3 citing that the company was growing and new skills were needed - I know they need to hire for 3 positions including the one that is being offered to me) but no allocations were granted (?). Should I talk to HR right away in order to request allocations? Stating that they need to hire or these positions would make sense?

2. I know a RLMT is taking place (Ads in Universal Jobmatch, Jobserve and other websites). These ads were posted before they applied for the license. Don't know if that would affect things or if another RLMT should be carried after getting the license (?) - They were posted almost a month ago I understand...

Thanks in advance for your insights :)

iworker
Diamond Member
Mood:
Pakistan

Re: CoS allocations after License Granted and RLMT

Post by iworker » Thu Apr 16, 2015 3:53 pm

They should request for Unrestricted cos through the online SMS system. It takes them between 3 days to 2 weeks to grant your request.
RLMT can be done anytime and is valid for 6 months. So it should be no more than 6 months on the days they are assigning the cos to you.

dialectic

Post by dialectic » Thu Apr 16, 2015 4:57 pm

iworker

Thanks a lot for your reply. So regarding the RLMT. Supposing that one of the adverts (or all of them) expire or are taken down after one month or two months of being published. The question is. Should the adverts be published until the time the CoS is assigned? Let's say 6 months (as you mentioned)?

Sorry, maybe is a dumb question. Just to make sure the CoS can be generated and application made even weeks after the RLMT is done and the adverts are expired.

Thanks a lot

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Thu Apr 16, 2015 11:16 pm

dialectic wrote:Hi fellow members.

I am about to apply for a Tier 2 Extension (Change of employment - change of both company and SOC code). The company offering me the position got their license granted 2 days ago. I have a couple of questions:

1. I was informed they have zero unrestricted CoS allocated. Apparently according to the reasons they stated while requesting the number of UCoS's while filling the application (I understand they requested 3 citing that the company was growing and new skills were needed - I know they need to hire for 3 positions including the one that is being offered to me) but no allocations were granted (?). Should I talk to HR right away in order to request allocations? Stating that they need to hire or these positions would make sense?
they must have applied for the licence some time ago and the requested CoS allocations would have related to 2014/15. They should request new allocations for 2015/16. If in any doubt ask HR to call the UKVI employer helpline 0300 123 4699

2. I know a RLMT is taking place (Ads in Universal Jobmatch, Jobserve and other websites). These ads were posted before they applied for the license. Don't know if that would affect things or if another RLMT should be carried after getting the license (?) - They were posted almost a month ago I understand...
RLMTs are valid for 6 months no need to run a new one

Thanks in advance for your insights :)

dialectic

Post by dialectic » Fri Apr 17, 2015 9:10 am

manci

Thanks a lot for your response. Things are getting more clear now.

So, regarding the CoS allocation. They applied for the license on late March and it was granted a couple of days ago, so you mentioned they assumed that the allocation was for last year (before april 6). However, the letter sent by UKVI granting the license said that they didn't allocate the number of unrestricted CoS requested as the reasons stated confirm that the company didn't need any unrestricted CoS (???). So, is it ok so assume that is safe to ask for allocations now just by stating that they need to hire or is there any criteria the company should be aware of while requesting the CoS allocation?

The RLMT 28 day period would end next week, however the closing date on the ad is May 19. Is it safe to apply before May 19 (after the RLMT 28 period of course).

Sorry about being so specific. Just trying to do things the right way. :D

Thanks a lot

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Fri Apr 17, 2015 9:50 am

dialectic wrote:manci

Thanks a lot for your response. Things are getting more clear now.

So, regarding the CoS allocation. They applied for the license on late March and it was granted a couple of days ago, so you mentioned they assumed that the allocation was for last year (before april 6). However, the letter sent by UKVI granting the license said that they didn't allocate the number of unrestricted CoS requested as the reasons stated confirm that the company didn't need any unrestricted CoS (???). So, is it ok so assume that is safe to ask for allocations now just by stating that they need to hire or is there any criteria the company should be aware of while requesting the CoS allocation?
the sponsor has to apply for unrestricted CoS allocations via the SMS and there is a free text box where "full reasons" for the application must be given.
see p40:
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... icence.pdf

The RLMT 28 day period would end next week, however the closing date on the ad is May 19. Is it safe to apply before May 19 (after the RLMT 28 period of course).
you need a CoS before you can apply and in the CoS the sponsor has to give details of the RLMT. IMHO the RLMT is not complete until after the closing date as they may receive job applications from the settled workforce until the closing date.

Sorry about being so specific. Just trying to do things the right way. :D

Thanks a lot

dialectic

Post by dialectic » Fri Apr 17, 2015 1:39 pm

Thanks again for your help manci

Well, regarding the adverts. Apparently the closing date was more speculative (not cast in stone). Some projects are coming up soon for the company and apparently they would need to sort things fairly soon. I am worried about applying before the 19th of May as being to risky (?)

dialectic

Post by dialectic » Fri Apr 24, 2015 4:31 pm

Anybody with a similar experience?