ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

New Job Offer - Work Permit Question

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

nofori
Newly Registered

New Job Offer - Work Permit Question

Post by nofori » Tue Oct 02, 2007 9:24 pm

Hi, I'm new to the website but very much aware of the wealth of knowledge and advice offered by the members and moderators.

My problem:

I've been in the UK for about four years on a students visa which is due to expire on 31 Dec 07. Fortunately I've been lucky to secure a job for which the employer is going to act as a sponsor.

My fear is that I've been working well over the designated 20hr/week requirement for students and that may jeopardise any chance of a successful WP application.

Is this something that the HO take into consideration? any advice will be MOST appreciated

sammie121

Post by sammie121 » Tue Oct 02, 2007 9:28 pm

I think i read something on this type of query... some responses were that the guy had not stuck to the conditions of his visa and this would not be looked on favourably.

nofori
Newly Registered

Post by nofori » Tue Oct 02, 2007 9:38 pm

Thanks for replying.

Would there be any mitigating circumstances that may help, such as working out of term time etc.

Are there any success stories based on similar circumstances?

sammie121

Post by sammie121 » Tue Oct 02, 2007 9:44 pm

Try a search on here and read through similar cases, im sure someone will have better input for you on this matter, i just remember reading something about working over the allowed amount of hours on a visa and it having a knock on effect ,though im guessing you have some idea that you were not meant to of worked extra hours because you yourself state your worried.

Dawie
Diamond Member

Re: New Job Offer - Work Permit Question

Post by Dawie » Thu Oct 04, 2007 2:38 pm

nofori wrote:Hi, I'm new to the website but very much aware of the wealth of knowledge and advice offered by the members and moderators.

My problem:

I've been in the UK for about four years on a students visa which is due to expire on 31 Dec 07. Fortunately I've been lucky to secure a job for which the employer is going to act as a sponsor.

My fear is that I've been working well over the designated 20hr/week requirement for students and that may jeopardise any chance of a successful WP application.

Is this something that the HO take into consideration? any advice will be MOST appreciated
They won't know unless you tell them. So keep your mouth shut.
In a few years time we'll look back on immigration control like we look back on American prohibition in the thirties - futile and counter-productive.

magsi23
Member of Standing

Post by magsi23 » Sat Oct 06, 2007 1:03 pm

Thats right, they normaly dont check every single students records, since they dont have that much time.
Magsi

nofori
Newly Registered

Post by nofori » Sun Oct 07, 2007 11:18 pm

Wow . Thanks.

I'm eternally grateful and will keep the forum updated on my progress.

On another issue; will offer letters from previous employers meet the requirement for new WP applications or will the Home Office need a current ( dated) reference letter.

Thanks

VictoriaS
inactive

Post by VictoriaS » Mon Oct 08, 2007 1:59 pm

The employer makes the application, there is much more needed than just a letter.

Victoria
Going..going...gone!