ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(O) Discretionary Leave waiting times ..??

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

March_LR14

Re: FLR(FP) and Discretionary Leave to Remain timelines

Post by March_LR14 » Thu Apr 02, 2015 4:51 pm

Hi guys,

I would like to share the good news. My wife has received her BRP today. Timeline is below:

Application type: FLR (FP) partner
Applied: 24-02-2015
BRP received: 02-04-2015

My wife has been an overstayer for past 7 months. I have prepared my wife case myself and we are very happy and still shocked how quick the whole process was. Still waiting for supporting documents.

Regards

GodGives
Member of Standing

Post by GodGives » Thu Apr 02, 2015 7:37 pm

Hi all just an update on my appeal. I have my hearing in june. Thank God for his goodness. Wishing everyone who is still waiting the best.
Godgives

Daniel97

Post by Daniel97 » Sun Apr 05, 2015 12:35 am

For the benefit of others,
I received a reply from my MP and home office,time waiting for decision on your extension of discretionary leave can be count towards your indefinite application,as long as you make (in time)applications for your two extensions

Tallywithme
Mood:
South Africa

Post by Tallywithme » Mon Apr 06, 2015 1:49 pm

March_LR14 wrote:Hi guys,

I would like to share the good news. My wife has received her BRP today. Timeline is below:

Application type: FLR (FP) partner
Applied: 24-02-2015
BRP received: 02-04-2015

My wife has been an overstayer for past 7 months. I have prepared my wife case myself and we are very happy and still shocked how quick the whole process was. Still waiting for supporting documents.

Regards
Hi March, very good news! Was there anything in particular that you prepared that may have helped your wife's case? Seems like you know exactly what to do?!! Anything you think I need to do for my case? I am appealing my application got refused! So stressed! Thanks for your help.

Tallywithme
Mood:
South Africa

Post by Tallywithme » Mon Apr 06, 2015 1:52 pm

GodGives wrote:Hi all just an update on my appeal. I have my hearing in june. Thank God for his goodness. Wishing everyone who is still waiting the best.
Just wondering GodGives, are you allowed to work or are you working whilst you wait for the appeal? Mine was lodged last week and I am hoping I can work else I am losing my property as can't pay my mortgage. Still waiting for an acknowledgment!

Sunny197
Newly Registered

Post by Sunny197 » Mon Apr 06, 2015 9:05 pm

How long did everyone wait for decision. Application submitted February.

Do you think HO are delaying decision making with the election approachin?

lomik
Newly Registered

Post by lomik » Tue Apr 07, 2015 10:16 am

redding wrote:Hi everyone I am new to this post . I have been here for 13.5 years british partner for 8.5 years and a 4 year old daughter I want to regularise my stay please help. Also my partner wants to add me to tax credits I have no National insurance number please help!!!!

no need for your partner to add your name on benefit things as that will make things worse

Daniel97

Post by Daniel97 » Tue Apr 07, 2015 8:26 pm

lomik wrote:
redding wrote:Hi everyone I am new to this post . I have been here for 13.5 years british partner for 8.5 years and a 4 year old daughter I want to regularise my stay please help. Also my partner wants to add me to tax credits I have no National insurance number please help!!!!

no need for your partner to add your name on benefit things as that will make things worse

Don't even think of it,it will make matter worse

Sunny197
Newly Registered

Post by Sunny197 » Wed Apr 08, 2015 11:39 am

Good news, my husband granted visa on 10 yrs route. A relief having been over stayer for 13 years.

Never give up hope.

Tallywithme
Mood:
South Africa

Post by Tallywithme » Wed Apr 08, 2015 1:40 pm

OMG Sunny that is amazing news! Maybe you have shared your story before but I'm new, tell us about the journey? 13 years? How was the process? Very good news indeed!

Edited: don't worry, just seen your story... It was a long battle for your husband. Congratulations!!!!

GodGives
Member of Standing

Post by GodGives » Wed Apr 08, 2015 5:53 pm

Tallywithme wrote:
GodGives wrote:Hi all just an update on my appeal. I have my hearing in june. Thank God for his goodness. Wishing everyone who is still waiting the best.
Just wondering GodGives, are you allowed to work or are you working whilst you wait for the appeal? Mine was lodged last week and I am hoping I can work else I am losing my property as can't pay my mortgage. Still waiting for an acknowledgment!
I am not allowed to work. If you applied before your visa expired then you can continue working. Hope this helps
Godgives

Tallywithme
Mood:
South Africa

Post by Tallywithme » Wed Apr 08, 2015 6:26 pm

GodGives wrote:
Tallywithme wrote:
I am not allowed to work. If you applied before your visa expired then you can continue working. Hope this helps
Thanks. HO sent my MP a letter saying I can work even with my background (previously overstayed) - stating that my previous conditions stay the same. I hope this is the case when I enquire :((

Ifemi
Newly Registered

Post by Ifemi » Sun Apr 12, 2015 10:40 am

Hi kukuswife just to update you, my solicitor sent reconsideration letter which they ignore, she later sent pap and they reply her on Friday that they still maintain their decisions, now she said she will talk to their barrister about my case and see if I can get legal aid for my case. If no legal aid I will be honest I can't afford judicial review bcos am an asylum seeker.
Now my ex partner is thinking of putting in an application for flr fp, and he has agreed to put his nationality nigeria bcos he already did a biometric last year which his nationality stated nigeria bcos he was so fed up arguing with home office, he will Putin the applications and write a letter to explain everything to them, he will be submitting the children's birth certificate and backup letter from his church members. And he will be using my address for the application, pls hope this is okay, pls advice. Thanks

Ems1927

Post by Ems1927 » Sun Apr 12, 2015 8:06 pm

Hi guys.. It's been over ten working days since we were advised by the upper tribunal that the home office's appeal was dismissed.. We have called every day to see if there's been any response for the home office but nothing so far.

Has anyone been in this situation before and can anyone share their timeline from this point?

11akb

Post by 11akb » Mon Apr 13, 2015 7:38 pm

hello my friend my appeal was allowed last week but homeoffice decided to go upper tribunal and i am waiting for there decision ... could you share please that howlong UT took to decide your case and how long home office going to take ....this waiting game is too looong .........

Kukuwife
Member of Standing

Post by Kukuwife » Thu Apr 16, 2015 6:14 am

Ifemi wrote:Hi kukuswife just to update you, my solicitor sent reconsideration letter which they ignore, she later sent pap and they reply her on Friday that they still maintain their decisions, now she said she will talk to their barrister about my case and see if I can get legal aid for my case. If no legal aid I will be honest I can't afford judicial review bcos am an asylum seeker.
Now my ex partner is thinking of putting in an application for flr fp, and he has agreed to put his nationality nigeria bcos he already did a biometric last year which his nationality stated nigeria bcos he was so fed up arguing with home office, he will Putin the applications and write a letter to explain everything to them, he will be submitting the children's birth certificate and backup letter from his church members. And he will be using my address for the application, pls hope this is okay, pls advice. Thanks
Ifemi- so sorry for responding to your post last been busy.
This is getting more complicated in my opinion. I sincerely hope that your solicitor help sort you out.
You are claiming the children so also your partner so why can't all of you apply together as a family. To be frank with you your case only have one issue to be resolved which is credibility. I wish you all the best
Your expectation will manifest very soon

Ifemi
Newly Registered

Post by Ifemi » Thu Apr 16, 2015 7:22 am

@kukuswife thanks so much for ur reply, When I did my application I only apply with my children, reason is dat I don't want them to link our case together which has been helping us on aSylum for a long time, he wants to put in the application himself bcos he bliv my solicitor messed my case up bcos I told her my ex did a biometric before as a nigerian bcos he was fed up arguing with home office, so he just want to be free with any nationality they give to him, so she shouldn't have put Liberia. He will be using my address bcos I want to make sure I know everything that is going on. and my solicitor also mail me yesterday that the barrister advice her to write back to home office about my child dat is 7 yrs old dat they should grant her alone. Hope this is ok.
Pls note home office has been looking for a way to link I and my partner case for a log time so dat we can be deported. I did interview with nigerian embassy last year, and dis help me greatly bcos the person I spoke with told home office dat he can't issue tc for my children without the father's consent and that we have to go as a family, so he only issue mine, so doing our case differently as help us a lot.
Will be expecting ur reply.
Thks a lot

remiee

Post by remiee » Thu Apr 16, 2015 12:41 pm

@Ifemi. I think Kukuwife absolutely has a point. You and your partner should put in a single application as a family and hopefully get a favorable outcome. This is the advice that most Nigeria solicitor will advice to apply as a single parent and hopefully DLR will be granted.

This route you or your partner are planing only works if one of you has right to be here or the child is British/ lived here continuously for 7 years or more and you have sole responsibility for the child. Now that your child is 7 there is 40% chance of success, although my son is 8 years now and we are still waiting for reconsideration request submitted since 2010.

We got the same advice from a Nigeria lawyer, but we decided to apply as a family when our son turned 7yrs. Although our application was refused because our stupid immigration lawyer decided to apply son as main applicant, and we the parent and siblings as dependents, which was completely wrong.

Thankfully we got our HO fee refunded in full. At least we did not make our application complicated So think before you make a separate application for your 7 yrs old child. Fees are so high now we have decided to wait till our son turns 10 next year Nov, before we put in a new application.

Hopefully as a family of 6 I can't afford application fees with NHS surcharge, so I will be thinking of fee waiver whenever we decided to put it application :). The should continue to increase their fees which will definitely makes it impossible for families to pay for the fees and end up applying for fee waiver. :lol:

Ifemi
Newly Registered

Post by Ifemi » Thu Apr 16, 2015 2:11 pm

@remiee thks so much for ur advice, I really appreciate it. My solicitor advice dat I should not make another application, that they might still refused on desame ground. That's why his making d application alone.

waqas hussain
Newly Registered

Post by waqas hussain » Thu Apr 16, 2015 5:28 pm

hi everyone what about fees of FLR FP is it just £649 or now £200 per year for NHS so total £2000 for NHS who will apply for 10 year rout and +£649 so total £2649 plz update me about it thanks

waqas hussain
Newly Registered

Post by waqas hussain » Thu Apr 16, 2015 5:32 pm

waqas hussain wrote:hi everyone what about fees of FLR FP is it just £649 or now £200 per year for NHS so total £2000 for NHS who will apply for 10 year rout and +£649 so total £2649 plz update me about it thanks

Zee ali
Diamond Member

Post by Zee ali » Thu Apr 16, 2015 9:44 pm

waqas hussain wrote:hi everyone what about fees of FLR FP is it just £649 or now £200 per year for NHS so total £2000 for NHS who will apply for 10 year rout and +£649 so total £2649 plz update me about it thanks
u will get 2.5 year visa so need to pay 649 +500
I am not an immigration adviser
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided

waqas hussain
Newly Registered

Post by waqas hussain » Fri Apr 17, 2015 5:36 pm

Zee ali wrote:
u will get 2.5 year visa so need to pay 649 +500
thanks zee ali just want to confirm becs my lawyer said i give them £2649 altogather for ten years

beckytj
Newly Registered

Post by beckytj » Fri Apr 17, 2015 10:11 pm

Hi guys,
My partner applied for Entrepreneur visa August 2014
biometrics sep 2014
refusal october 2014
we appealed the refusal and our case was heard january 2015
case won and appeal allowed on discretionary leave to remain article 8
home office applied to appeal to UT feb 2015
Letter stating they were refused to appeal receiver april 2015
What now? WIll the visa be issued? We applied through a lawyer, where will the visa and passport be returned to?

Ifemi
Newly Registered

Post by Ifemi » Sat Apr 18, 2015 9:37 am

Kukuwife wrote:
Ifemi wrote:Hi kukuswife just to update you, my solicitor sent reconsideration letter which they ignore, she later sent pap and they reply her on Friday that they still maintain their decisions, now she said she will talk to their barrister about my case and see if I can get legal aid for my case. If no legal aid I will be honest I can't afford judicial review bcos am an asylum seeker.
Ifemi- so sorry for responding to your post last been busy.
This is getting more complicated in my opinion. I sincerely hope that your solicitor help sort you out.
You are claiming the children so also your partner so why can't all of you apply together as a family. To be frank with you your case only have one issue to be resolved which is credibility. I wish you all the best
Hi kukuswife, ok my ex partner as agreed to put me as a dependants including the children. He will be doing the application himself. We've already got 5 supporting letters from church member, will be getting letter too from the doctor, the only issue now is my children original birth certificate that is with my solicitor, she has refused to give it back to me, have been requesting back from her since last month. Pls what documents do u think might also help our application. Thks