ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Pay slip for the last month missing

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

antrad

Pay slip for the last month missing

Post by antrad » Fri Apr 17, 2015 10:56 am

Hello all,

I am a British citizen, getting married to an Indian on the 1st of May. We are planning to apply for the spouse visa on the 5th of May.

As I am traveling to India on the 25th April, I will not have the payslip for the month of April. In the Appendix FM SE, it states the following,

" Where this Appendix requires the applicant to provide specified evidence relating to a period which ends with the date of application, that evidence, or the most recently dated part of it, must be dated no earlier than 28 days before the date of application."

This is quite concerning as I wont be having the payslip for the month of April. Can anyone please advice on this issue.

Many thanks.

peace84

Re: Pay slip for the last month missing

Post by peace84 » Fri Apr 17, 2015 11:03 am

Yes its right your provided financial evidence(payslips and bank statements) must not be 28 days old otherwise ECO will refuse the visa.

I suggest you get your April salary slip and corresponding bank statement.

antrad

Post by antrad » Fri Apr 17, 2015 11:20 am

I am getting a reference letter from my employer, detailing my pay, duration and title. In the event of missing the April's payslip, will the reference letter help?

antrad

Post by antrad » Fri Apr 17, 2015 12:47 pm

Further reading the Appendix FM SE,

" Where the decision - maker is satisfied that there is a valid reason why a specified
document(s) cannot be supplied, e.g. because it is not issued in a particular country or has
been permanently lost, he or she may exercise discretion not to apply the requirement for the
document(s) or to
request alternative or additional information or document(s) be submitted by
the applicant"

Advice from anyone with similar scenario with be helping. Does stating and explaining this in the application, help?

WR1

Post by WR1 » Fri Apr 17, 2015 1:11 pm

I know someone who submitted 6 months of payslips and bank statements but due to a delay in submitting the application it meant that their last payslip fell just outside of the 28 day period.

For this reason only the visa was rejected. Do you really want to take the risk?
I am not an immigration adviser
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided

Zee ali
Diamond Member

Post by Zee ali » Fri Apr 17, 2015 8:18 pm

antrad wrote:Further reading the Appendix FM SE,

" Where the decision - maker is satisfied that there is a valid reason why a specified
document(s) cannot be supplied, e.g. because it is not issued in a particular country or has
been permanently lost, he or she may exercise discretion not to apply the requirement for the
document(s) or to
request alternative or additional information or document(s) be submitted by
the applicant"

Advice from anyone with similar scenario with be helping. Does stating and explaining this in the application, help?
Apply without the wage slip bu make sure gross amount of that month should be in employer letter plus get the bank statement of that month (show missing wage slip net income if possible). Caseworker will ask u for the missing wageslip or bank statement. Thats what written in the guidance.
D. (a) In deciding an application in relation to which this Appendix states that specified documents must be provided, the Entry Clearance Officer or Secretary of State (“the decision-maker”) will consider documents that have been submitted with the application, and will only consider documents submitted after the application where sub-paragraph (b) or (e) applies. (b) If the applicant:
(i) Has submitted:
(aa) A sequence of documents and some of the documents in the sequence have been omitted (e.g. if one bank statement from a series is missing);
(bb) A document in the wrong format (for example, if a letter is not on letterhead paper as specified); or
(cc) A document that is a copy and not an original document; or
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided

antrad

Post by antrad » Fri Apr 17, 2015 9:03 pm

Thank you all. Feels like a mixed reaction and advice. Not sure what to do. Have to think and apply. Thank you anyways.

Rayking

Post by Rayking » Fri Apr 17, 2015 9:06 pm

You need to provide it,anything else is bound for delay and stuff you don't really plan for.

WR1

Post by WR1 » Fri Apr 17, 2015 9:23 pm

antrad wrote:Thank you all. Feels like a mixed reaction and advice. Not sure what to do. Have to think and apply. Thank you anyways.
How do you receive your payslip, is it posted out to you?

Depending on the above, as you will be in India would it be possible to get, for example a family member to post it out to you as soon as it arrives.

What Zee Ali has written is technically correct in the guidance, but unfortunately it doesn't always play out that way and many people have wrongfully received a refusal, here is one example:

http://www.immigrationboards.com/immigr ... 84512.html

The question is, do you really want to take the gamble. Its the uncertainty that will be playing on your mind after submitting the visa. I'd say its best to be on the safe side and ensure all your documents are in order.

antrad

Post by antrad » Fri Apr 17, 2015 10:10 pm

I receive the payslips from my main office in london to my office which take a day or two. And additionally I wont be having the latest bank statement, showing the corresponding to the same month of the missing payslip. My bank statement are generated on the 4th of every month.

Now I am seriously thinking of rescheduling my appointment with VFS.

antrad

Post by antrad » Sat Apr 18, 2015 6:37 am

Now that I have found that I have apply for Immigration Health Surcharge, what is the visa route for my spouse?

Is it settlement?

And I am paying for IHS after a week after the online application? Will this cause any problems?

Does this "28 day" rule apply only to payslip and bank statement or Do I have to consider getting the most recent other document, like reference letter from employer, letter from letting agent/landlord etc. I have these documents already.

The date of application means, the date we pay online application or date we actually submit the document at VFS?

WR1

Post by WR1 » Sat Apr 18, 2015 8:41 am

The visa route is settlement.

I believe you are required to pay the health surcharge in advance before submitting the application. Doesn't the form ask for a IHS number?

antrad

Post by antrad » Sat Apr 18, 2015 9:08 am

Nope the complete online printout form did not have any reference to IHS number. And the date of application in the form say 15/04/2015.

So, am I in the clear regarding my payslips and bank statement? Or the date of application is the actually appointment of submission date?

antrad

Post by antrad » Mon Apr 20, 2015 6:42 am

Called the United Kingdom Visas and Immigration International Enquiry Service, and asked about the 28 days rule.

They said its 28 working days. Can anyone please comment/advice on this? If that is the case, I have payslip from 31/03/2015 and bank statement from 10/04/2015 and we are applying on the 5/5/2015.

This whole process is so confusing :?

SoHopeful

Post by SoHopeful » Mon Apr 20, 2015 11:23 am

As far as I am aware since these rules were implemented applicants/sponsors have gone by 28 calendar days. Nobody can advise you 100% either way with regards to what discretion the ECO may exercise as that is down him/her. My personal view is that you should delay application until you have your payslip.

Without any of the key documents as specified no one can advise fully - it's a risk you will have to consider taking otherwise.

antrad

Post by antrad » Mon Apr 20, 2015 2:06 pm

Thank you SoHopeful, yes I am not taking any chances. After going through some of the posts here, made up my mind to postpone our appointment. Better safe than sorry! Now that the whole application cost is around £1600

If you can have a look at my other query "http://www.immigrationboards.com/immigr ... l#p1176102" and advice, that will very helpful.