ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 Application form and IHS Health Surcharge

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

dialectic

Tier 2 Application form and IHS Health Surcharge

Post by dialectic » Sat Apr 18, 2015 10:17 am

Hi everyone

I was checking the Tier 2 application forms and I have a couple of questions:

1. There is an online form and the PDF form (which I found via google search). The online form states that is a BETA / trial service. So I guess the best option is to apply by post using the PDF in this link??
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... _04-15.pdf

2. With the new NHS fees in place I notice they add it to the total fee. However, when asking about the reference numbers there is a question about Immigration Health Surcharge Reference Number (IHS). I don't remember being assigned one. How can I find this number if it was assigned to me before? Or is this something that will be assigned to migrants from now on with the new changes?
H1. Please provide your Immigration Health Surcharge reference number (IHS):

3. I am planning to apply for a tier 2 General (change of employment - change of both employer and SoC code/profession) is it required to specify this somewhere? didn't find it in the form...

Thanks a lot for the insights. Reading the advice from fellow members and the gurus is very helpful :)

dialectic

Re: Tier 2 Application form and IHS Health Surcharge

Post by dialectic » Wed Apr 22, 2015 12:52 pm

Any insights regarding this?

Thanks!

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Wed Apr 22, 2015 1:55 pm

You need to pay the NHS surcharge online before submitting your visa application. The surcharge will be payable in full for the visa extension period @ £200 per year (or part year). The IHS number will be assigned when you pay the surcharge. Here's the link;
https://www.gov.uk/healthcare-immigrati ... n/overview
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

dialectic

Post by dialectic » Wed Apr 22, 2015 3:12 pm

Thanks a lot for your reply Casa

So this means I should leave that space blank since I am paying the surcharge for the first time?? because the first step in order to pay for the service is to register to use it https://www.gov.uk/healthcare-immigrati ... cation/pay

There are 5 steps to paying the healthcare surcharge and finishing your visa or immigration application.

1. Register to use the service.
2. Answer questions to see if you must pay the healthcare surcharge or if you’re exempt.

Do I need to register?? How do I do it?

Thanks

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Wed Apr 22, 2015 3:56 pm

You'll need to register in order to pay the surcharge, but as I haven't personally used the new service and obviously can't register on the system, we'll need to wait until one of the members can reply with personal experience.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

dialectic

Post by dialectic » Wed Apr 22, 2015 5:15 pm

Well, there is a registration link here https://www.immigration-health-surcharg ... ment/start

However. As you said. It would be really helpful to hear from someone who's done it already :wink:

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Thu Apr 23, 2015 1:26 pm

You need to register on the IHS portal by clicking the green 'register' button, complete the IHS form online, pay the fee and then you will be issued the IHS number to put in the relevant space on the tier 2 form

dialectic

Post by dialectic » Thu Apr 23, 2015 7:20 pm

Greenie

Thanks a lot for your reply. I don't remember seeing this process explained in the new guidance (it should be IMO).

Thanks again