ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 General Renewal Restricted or UnRestricted

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

huzefa.motors
Newly Registered
India

Tier 2 General Renewal Restricted or UnRestricted

Post by huzefa.motors » Sun Apr 19, 2015 11:45 am

Hello Guys,

Need a bit of help as usual.

I am currently in the UK with 2 dependents on Tier 2 General. Our leave expires on 14/04/2016. I am the only immigrant in my office so generally I read up on behalf of my company and HR regarding renewals/allocation/COS etc.

How does Tier 2 General extension works? My current leave is as Business Development Manager (RESTRICTED COS).

1. Is renewal consider as unrestricted COS or RESTRICTED?
2. Do I or the company I work for have to do anything at the moment?
3. Company has currently submitted Request for renewal of annual allocation, is this correct thing to do?

If one of the Gurus didn't mind, I would appreciate step by step procedure for individual and step by step procedure for company as this visa thing always takes my nerves and any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you
-Huzefa

manci
Respected Guru

Re: Tier 2 General Renewal Restricted or UnRestricted

Post by manci » Sun Apr 19, 2015 8:21 pm

huzefa.motors wrote:Hello Guys,

Need a bit of help as usual.

I am currently in the UK with 2 dependents on Tier 2 General. Our leave expires on 14/04/2016. I am the only immigrant in my office so generally I read up on behalf of my company and HR regarding renewals/allocation/COS etc.

How does Tier 2 General extension works? My current leave is as Business Development Manager (RESTRICTED COS).

1. Is renewal consider as unrestricted COS or RESTRICTED?
unrestricted
2. Do I or the company I work for have to do anything at the moment?
no, except 3 below
3. Company has currently submitted Request for renewal of annual allocation, is this correct thing to do?
yes

If one of the Gurus didn't mind, I would appreciate step by step procedure for individual and step by step procedure for company as this visa thing always takes my nerves and any help would be greatly appreciated.
when the time comes next year the company assigns an unrestricted CoS to you via the SMS and provided your job SOC code remains the same you apply for an extension before your current leave expires.

Thank you
-Huzefa

DEEPAM
United Kingdom

Re: Tier 2 General Renewal Restricted or UnRestricted

Post by DEEPAM » Mon Apr 20, 2015 11:34 am

Hi Manci

i got a query in relation to SOC Code change

When i initially applied for tIER 2 GENERAL , my SOC Code is 2321 - and role is Scientific officer. Now in the recent SOC Codes update , the scientific officer code is now SOC 2119. Does my company still needs to perform RLMT Test ?

thanks and regards
deepthi