ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Unpaid and undeclared fines more than a year old

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

fwd079
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Unpaid and undeclared fines more than a year old

Post by fwd079 » Sat Apr 04, 2015 3:29 pm

I received a private message but I think this should be discussed in forum for everyone's benefits.

My personal view is that he should send documents now to avoid the 10 years ban. His wife is unaffected in my view. But I welcome any other thoughts on this issue, I have informed the questioner that I need others' views on it.
Hi

Hope u dng good.
Me and my wife have submitted our application for naturalisation on 31/3/15 based on 5yrs+1 yr.
I made a mistake on my app in regards to good character. I had a parking ticket in june 2012(yellow box) and one in Sep 2013(single yellow line).
As my car is registered on my old address, council sent the fines there. I sold my old car in Feb 2014. After few months the unpaid fines has been passed on to bailiffs and they have been to my old address. Last month i met my previous landlord and he informed me abt the bailiffs. That fine is still unpaid.

But in the last 12 mth i havent received any FPN/PCN. I am a bit worried because i ticked NO to that I didnt receive any FPN/PCN/CCJ on my application. I just took a report of my file from trust online website for my present and past add and nothing is recorded. Will this affect my app.

But my wife's application is clear no fines/ccj etc. Will her application be affected because we submitted together?

I need ur help and suggestion.
Awaiting ur reply.

Thanks
Being British is a state of mind.
Want to maintain timeline of any thread? Click here and grab template.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Unpaid and undeclared fines more than a year old

Post by Amber » Sat Apr 04, 2015 3:48 pm

Form AN does not ask if you have received any FPNs. A FPN is not a CCJ nor a conviction. However, the Bailiff action may have come from a CCJ and should have been declared. Search trust online to see if you have a CCJ.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

fwd079
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by fwd079 » Sat Apr 04, 2015 3:52 pm

Amber wrote:Form AN does not ask if you have received any FPNs. A FPN is not a CCJ nor a conviction. However, the Bailiff action may have come from a CCJ and should have been declared. Search trust online to see if you have a CCJ.
Thanks Amber, as per his message I quoted above, he says:
I just took a report of my file from trust online website for my present and past add and nothing is recorded. Will this affect my app.
Please guide.

wmazhar

Post by wmazhar » Sat Apr 04, 2015 4:54 pm

Usually bailiffs done by the third parties like debt collection agencies, who get permission from the court to raid into the house, if they don't get any recovery they proceed further for direct court prosecution, Currently I believe this guy is safe.

He can directly contact with bailiffs explain the situation and could pay the fine. and on a safer side update the UKBA by sending additional documents to explain the situation. hiding something is dangerous.
Applied: 11/03/2015
Approval: 04-04-2015 Dated 27/03/2015
Ceremony: 15-04-2015

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Sat Apr 04, 2015 7:14 pm

If there is no CCJ there shouldn't be an issue.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

Umer Piracha
Newly Registered

Post by Umer Piracha » Mon Apr 06, 2015 1:26 pm

Hi Amber,

I would like to know if i need to declare the below parking pCN scenario?

I did receive some letters from bailiff in December 2013 stated that I owe them 700 pounds as I did not pay my penalty to Ealing council for two parking tickets sometime in June 2012.I did contact to Ealing council and explained them that they have been sending all paper work to my old address so therefore they should waive all the charges and send me new (pcn) to my new address but they refused and advised me to contact TEC which i did and filled a N244 form. I received a letter from TEC that my case has been forward to court long story short Judge ordered the Ealing council that they should stop the bailiff and re-issue the ticket and give me rights to challenge the original ticket. I did not challenge as I did park on loading bay at 9:30pm as i wasn’t aware that time so I paid original ticket fee to Ealing which was around 60 pounds something (both tickets fined paid 120 pounds). Everything was sorted in May 2014.
Also in 2010 I had a bailiff at my home again due to house move didn't deceive pcn and Hounslow forward it to bailiff. I paid the bailiff 450 pounds as that time I wasn't aware tht I can challenge but I paid to bailiff all the charges.
Now my question is that 2nd time in 2013 December I went to court and challenged the bailiff and found not guilty. Do I need to mention both bailiff cases (pcn) in my application?

Also I had 3 points in my licence back in Feb 2008 due to taking wrong turn in Central London and police gave me 3 points and fined me on spot. Since then I didn’t have any points and its all cleared now.

Thanks for your advise

Regards, Umer

fwd079
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by fwd079 » Tue Apr 07, 2015 8:50 am

Amber wrote:If there is no CCJ there shouldn't be an issue.
Thanks Amber.

ilrhelp
Newly Registered

Post by ilrhelp » Wed Apr 08, 2015 5:15 pm

Hi Amber,Fwd079,Wmazhar

Got an update from Bailiff.I called the bailiffs n they informed that its been forwarded back to the council as its been 12 mths.I asked bailifs through which court have they got orders n they said TEC.I called TEC yesterday(Tue) n they informed the orders was issued on 6/4/14.I called up my council and they said the parking fine is dead as its been 12 mths and they cannot trace on the system.

Do i still need to inform HO abt the TEC?My fees hasnt been deducted yet as i applied on 31 march 2015.

Thanks

sabeekj
Mood:
India

Post by sabeekj » Sun Apr 19, 2015 11:24 am

Hi Ilrhelp,
please update your timelines as my case is similar to yours .. I submitted mine on 8th April..

ilrhelp
Newly Registered

Post by ilrhelp » Sun Apr 19, 2015 8:49 pm

sabeekj wrote:Hi Ilrhelp,
please update your timelines as my case is similar to yours .. I submitted mine on 8th April..
Hi Sabeekj

Eligibility criteria:5 yrs+3yrs ILR
Language criteria met:B1 Test
Current nationality:Indian
Method of application:
Council name if NCS used:NCS Camden
Date of application:31/3/15
Payment method CC/DC, Personal cheque, Bankers cheque etc:DC
Date of receipt by UKBA:1/4/15
Date of acknowledgment:
Date of debit or clearance of fees:14/4/15
Date approval received:Waiting