ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Potential false passport delivered?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ollieg123
Newly Registered

Potential false passport delivered?

Post by ollieg123 » Sun Apr 19, 2015 11:39 am

I have already submitted this to an old thread, but as I need help urgently I have copied it into this new topic. Hope this is ok?

Delivery of my new passport (August24th2014)

I had a very strange delivery! A teenager arrived at my house in casual clothing (hoodie), driving a normal civilian hatchback car with no logos or indication it was a work vehicle, and he snapped a photo of me without warning as I opened the door on his phone; which seems odd simply because he couldn't have known that it was my passport and more importantly HE SHOULD have greeted me and asked permission/explained why etc. One addition is that it was handed to me by the young man, LOOSE and already WORN on the front cover, without any corresponding letter, note to sign for, or packaging!).P.S the actual document has a faded logo on the front, also misaligned, it has too few pages in it, the photo is blurry, and some of the data is inconsistent such as the passport number, also the watermarks are misaligned and the pages are uneven. I'm no expert but most people would agree this is odd! Please please help shed any light on this as it has me worried quite a lot
Whether what I have described is a normal process for some passport deliveries is my biggest concern and I strongly believe this is not correct! The experience was like he was trying to catch me out with a surprise pic, and I imagine that some people might act angrily toward that behaviour. As you have probably surmised from this message, I doubt the authenticity of this passport. I hope anyone can provide some light on the subject, but in the mean time I am sending the document back to the relevant department as someone suggested for verification[/u]

Regards & Many Thanks,

Oliver

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: Potential false passport delivered?

Post by Casa » Sun Apr 19, 2015 12:02 pm

You've shown the delivery of this passport as August 2014. Have you only just returned it for verification?
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

ollieg123
Newly Registered

Post by ollieg123 » Sun Apr 19, 2015 12:27 pm

Yes, simply because everyone I know, friends and family, even my solicitor said it was fine in their opinion. None of them had a proper look, instead they listened to my concerns and said I was being paranoid about it.

If you read everything I wrote, tell me what you would make of it?

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sun Apr 19, 2015 12:54 pm

Personally, I would play safe and return for verification. But something doesn't seem to add up. Why would someone deliver a false passport? Is this your first British passport or a renewal and did you apply through the official Passport Office?
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Sun Apr 19, 2015 8:09 pm

There is nothing strange with how your passport was delivered. They usually just pop it in the letter box. If you have a UV light like the ones used for currency notes shine it over the passport and you'll see the holograms etc light up.

If this happened in August 2014 and you haven't done anything about it yet, you can't seriously think there is anything wrong with it. Perhaps a little OCD.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

Siraj ud-Daulah

Post by Siraj ud-Daulah » Sun Apr 19, 2015 10:16 pm

Casa wrote:Personally, I would play safe and return for verification. But something doesn't seem to add up. Why would someone deliver a false passport? Is this your first British passport or a renewal and did you apply through the official Passport Office?
Unless they are con and created a duplicate copy and kept the original? I would vouch on echoing what you have suggested, to send it back for verification or shed some Ultra Violet light on as Amber has mentioned. I think many post offices have them :mrgreen: