ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Sponsor withdrawn job offer Urgent help!!!

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

underfire222

Sponsor withdrawn job offer Urgent help!!!

Post by underfire222 » Sun Apr 19, 2015 6:21 pm

Hi all,

I am right now in the uk on a Tier 2 Visa on sponsorship of a hospital. I was given a conditional offer letter by the hospital of which I fulfilled all the conditions and pre-employment checks and was issues a COS on their sponsorship which i used for my tier 2 visa.
One Day before i entered the UK on my Tier 2 VISA. I was Informed by the hospital by telephone that the management of the hospital decided to withdraw my job offer, after I had my valid visa and fulfilled all the conditions of the conditional offer letter. I strongly disagreed and said that i need to speak with the managing director before anything was implemented. The HR said Ok and no one called me. I did not receive any formal letter in writing that the offer has been withdrawn or my COS cancelled.
I traveled the next day and entered the country with my tier 2 and contacted the hospital to meet the management team urgently, they emailed me saying that they were not expecting me and said that we can meet on monday.

My question is if i'm unable to convince them not to withdraw the offer and i Dont start my job what will i Have to do in terms of my VISA. What are the steps i should take next so that i dont have problems with the UKBA...
Thanks...

manci
Respected Guru

Re: Sponsor withdrawn job offer Urgent help!!!

Post by manci » Sun Apr 19, 2015 7:52 pm

If the hospital withdraw your sponsorship they have to inform UKVI who will then curtail your visa to 60 days from the date of the curtailment decision (not from the date they are informed of the sponsorship withdrawal). UKVI will write to you, make sure they have your UK address. You can then try to find another sponsor.

If you already have an employment contract look at its terms carefully.

Insist that anything that is said at the meeting is confirmed in writing. Make notes.

underfire222

Post by underfire222 » Sun Apr 19, 2015 8:23 pm

Thank you very much manci...so based on what u said i'm entitled to a curtail on my visa even If i haven't started working for them??

underfire222

Post by underfire222 » Sun Apr 19, 2015 8:39 pm

I also need to clarify that this is my first job in the Uk i havent worked any where before...thanks for ur kind reply

justdopposite

Post by justdopposite » Mon Apr 20, 2015 10:06 am

That is outrageous ! when is the start date on you COS ? Good thing you're in UK already. Hopefully you can find another job/sponsor within 60 days after receiving your curtailment letter. It should come by post to your UK address which you have on your COS.

You can apply for T2 visa from within UK, no need to travel back.

physicskate
Diamond Member

Post by physicskate » Mon Apr 20, 2015 6:11 pm

justdopposite wrote:That is outrageous ! when is the start date on you COS ? Good thing you're in UK already. Hopefully you can find another job/sponsor within 60 days after receiving your curtailment letter. It should come by post to your UK address which you have on your COS.

You can apply for T2 visa from within UK, no need to travel back.
I too think this is outrageous - indeed it might be a breach of employment law as they made you a verbal (and presumably written) contract. You might be able to pursue some sort of action against this employer.

underfire222

Advice on Tier 2 curtailment plz!!

Post by underfire222 » Thu Aug 27, 2015 12:47 pm

Hi guys,

An important question please. I currently have a tier 2 general Visa for one year ending in 30/4/2016. And a COS until 1/4/2016. However, my contract with my employer is for 6 month ending in 21/10/2015. There is a possibility that my employer will not renew my employment till the end of my COS. In that case I presume that my COS will be cancelled and I will be send a letter from UKBA for a curtailment period of stay.

My first Question.
Exactly How long is the minimum curtailment period I can get?

Second Question.
How will the UKBA know my address in UK to send me the letter? In my COS I put my address of my home country in Egypt as this is where I was applying for the tier 2 visa (as it was my first time). Where can I update my address so that it is available to UKBA?

Thanks in Advance.

iworker
Diamond Member
Mood:
Pakistan

Re: Advice on Tier 2 curtailment plz!!

Post by iworker » Thu Aug 27, 2015 1:51 pm

UKVI will ask for your current address once your employer tells them that you have ceased to work with them.
The employer can only notify once u have stopped working.. so considering the employer notifies ukvi on very first day, ukvi takes some days to curtail the leave and it will be cutailed to 60 days from the day ukvi writes to you. On many occasions we have seen, ukvi takes months to write to people about curtailing the leave.. so answer to first question is min of 60 days to possibly 3months or more..

underfire222

Post by underfire222 » Thu Aug 27, 2015 2:07 pm

thank you very much...so at that time I need to make sure that my employer has my most updated current address so that they can give it to UKBA right??

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Thu Aug 27, 2015 2:33 pm

Did you not know that you must inform Home Office of your current address, if that changes since your last immigration application?
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

underfire222

Post by underfire222 » Sat Aug 29, 2015 11:16 pm

no i didnt know that..i changed my address in the police station only..Thanks

Lynz1988
Canada

Post by Lynz1988 » Mon Aug 31, 2015 9:43 pm

I didn't know this either - I just tried to update my address and it won't let me - says the address that I used for my initial application is invalid (would have been about 2 years ago and was outside the UK)

I read somewhere that your employer has to enter your address anyways for the letter - so if you've not updated your address with the HO, the letter should still reach you via the info that your employer gives.