ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Procedure for RLMT

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Sai_tier2
Newly Registered

Procedure for RLMT

Post by Sai_tier2 » Mon Apr 20, 2015 7:05 pm

Hello there,

Apologies for the long post, but I couldn't get a clear answer for questions related to RLMT.

I am on Tier 2 ICT since Sep 2010 and I have a employer (not an umbrella company) willing to sponsor me if I go through next rounds of interview. They are Tier 2 A rated sponsors.

The recruiter asked me the process for Tier 2 general sponsorship and I have looked at https://www.gov.uk/uk-visa-sponsorship- ... uitability and is bit confused about below points:

Advertising the job
You may need to advertise the job you’re offering if it’s not on the shortage occupation list.

You’ll need to advertise any job you offer to a worker in the following categories:

Tier 2 (General)
The advert (known as the ‘resident labour market test’) makes sure that there are no suitable workers already living permanently in the UK. It must be a genuine vacancy.

Q1. Does this mean the employer should advert in job centre plus AND any other advertising website and mention RLMT in advert?
Q2. <make sure there are no suitable workers already living permanently in UK> How to validate this? Does the employer need to show that they have interviewed other candidates and found my skills or profile better than them?

How long to advertise the job for

The advert must run in the UK for 28 days in most cases, either continuously or in 2 stages.
If you advertise in 2 stages, your advert still needs to run for a total of 28 days and neither stage can be less than 7 days.
You must be able to show that you didn’t find a suitable worker.

Q1. Does the 28 day count start from the day the job was advertised or from the day the employer books an RLMT test?
Q2. What all the proofs does the employer need to provide to prove RLMT is successful ?

Many thanks for your help, I really appreciate your answer. I have searched this board but couldn't get an answer.

manci
Respected Guru

Re: Procedure for RLMT

Post by manci » Mon Apr 20, 2015 7:45 pm

the process of carrying out a RLMT is described in detail in the T2 sponsor guidance and your prospective sponsor should be familiar with it:
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... _04-15.pdf

the RLMT will be successful (from your point of view) if there are no suitable candidates from the settled workforce responding to the advertisements.

In the CoS the sponsor has to give details of the RLMT, UKVI may or may not check these.

Sai_tier2
Newly Registered

Post by Sai_tier2 » Mon Apr 20, 2015 8:22 pm

Thanks Manci.

I have read the PDF and didn't get this point:

When you say suitable settled workers replying to advertisement - does this mean applying for the position and not being selected during interview OR if any settled workers applies for the advertisement, the RLMT will be rejected?

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Tue Apr 21, 2015 7:29 am

Sai_tier2 wrote:Thanks Manci.

I have read the PDF and didn't get this point:

When you say suitable settled workers replying to advertisement - does this mean applying for the position and not being selected during interview OR if any settled workers applies for the advertisement, the RLMT will be rejected?
read 28.1 and 28.2 in the sponsor guidance, link above