ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Where is the option for Tier-1 (General) in Points Based Cal

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ResidentEvil

Where is the option for Tier-1 (General) in Points Based Cal

Post by ResidentEvil » Mon Apr 20, 2015 4:33 pm

Hi experts,

Please could you help me with two questions,

I will be applying for ILR using T1 General category and I am not seeing any option for Tier-1 General in the home office points based calculator. It just lists Tier-1 (High Valued Migrant) and then awards you 75 points or 0 points for any professional endorsements (whatever that means ???). There is no longer sections for Age, Qualifications, Earnings etc. I need to evaluate my points using this but no option whatsoever. I need this to verify my Bachelors Degree which I already have scored points for but the Set O form asks whether it is listed in the points based calculator which I can no longer verify. Please could anyone advise as to why I cant see any options?

Secondly, I gave my IELTs in May 2010 and applied after April 2010 for intial T1 application. Will my IELTS be acceptable as an English Language Speaking and Listening requirement for ILR?

Many thanks to all.

kgmvp21
Newly Registered

Re: Where is the option for Tier-1 (General) in Points Based

Post by kgmvp21 » Mon Apr 20, 2015 5:01 pm

TIER 1 E or TIER 2

ResidentEvil

Post by ResidentEvil » Mon Apr 20, 2015 5:18 pm

Need to apply for ILR after five years of my Tier-1 (General) visa. There is no option for this. I have whisked through everything in the points calculator.

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Mon Apr 20, 2015 6:48 pm

The option was removed this April as T1G route extensions are no longer allowed. Have you checked to see whether you score 10 points to satisfy the English language requirement by selecting T2 as the option along with your degree, purely to check whether your degree is still recognised by the PBS calculator? I would do that to begin.

ResidentEvil

Post by ResidentEvil » Tue Apr 21, 2015 9:21 am

Thanks cs95tdg,

I tried the Tier-2 option but that is very vague too. There is no list for degrees or salary and just a few yes/no options. This is very worrying as I need to apply for the ILR and they are mentioning to use the points based calculator to check if the degree is recognised or not and I cannot do that anymore. I am pretty sure it was recognised back in 2010 as equivalent in Bachelors when I first got my T1 General entry clearance but I just cannot find anyway to check it now.

Also will IELTS (test taken in 2009) be sufficient along with the LIUK test as English language requirements?

Thanks a lot all

laxmipathi

Post by laxmipathi » Tue Apr 21, 2015 1:20 pm

See posts from ILR21 and meratier1 in below link:

http://www.immigrationboards.com/indefi ... 42-20.html

ResidentEvil

Post by ResidentEvil » Tue Apr 21, 2015 3:46 pm

OK. I was finally able to dig out the list of the degrees and institutes in Pakistan from the Points Based Calculator. Now here is the thing, I selected Tier2(General) and chose my degree as a points scorer for English Skills, and not for the Academic Qualification which I am seeking the points for in my ILR. My University and degree were listed there but I got ZERO points for it as English skills. I already have IELTS which I think should serve me for the English Skills part. But I am sure I got points for my degree when I chose it as an Academic Qualification back in the days when I applied for T1 General first visa.

So if my degree and university is listed in the Calculator, can I assume it is recognised by the Home Office and will score me the points for the academic qualification?

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Tue Apr 21, 2015 8:29 pm

ResidentEvil wrote:OK. I was finally able to dig out the list of the degrees and institutes in Pakistan from the Points Based Calculator. Now here is the thing, I selected Tier2(General) and chose my degree as a points scorer for English Skills, and not for the Academic Qualification which I am seeking the points for in my ILR. My University and degree were listed there but I got ZERO points for it as English skills. I already have IELTS which I think should serve me for the English Skills part. But I am sure I got points for my degree when I chose it as an Academic Qualification back in the days when I applied for T1 General first visa.

So if my degree and university is listed in the Calculator, can I assume it is recognised by the Home Office and will score me the points for the academic qualification?
I'm not entirely sure, it may be worth having a look on this forum to see what others applying under the T1G route are doing. The doubt I have is the fact that the degree scores 0 for English. When applying for your T1G leave, did you score the required points for both educational qualification & English using this particular degree? Or was it a different qualification that you used?

The link provided by the previous poster is around the English language requirement & the response from the settlement ops team. If you don't find the answer to your question, you may want to write to them to get confirmation to be on the safe side. Or else you may want to get letter from NARIC.

Omert
Newly Registered

Post by Omert » Tue Apr 21, 2015 9:54 pm

Hi All,

I am in the same boat, apply for the ILR (PEO) at Croydon on 1st May via Tier 1 General (5yr) route.
Can't see ant Tier 1 General Points Calculator and if you see the new SET O form it's asking for the degree and the salary as per the Tier 1 General Points based calculator.

Help from any one senior will be much appreciated.

Kind Regards,
Omer.

ResidentEvil

Post by ResidentEvil » Wed Apr 22, 2015 10:57 am

I just called the UKVI and had a long discussion with them and I don't think they are aware of this too much and were just reading me the guidelines they have. They said that if your qualification is not on the Points Based Calculator then you need to get a equivalence from NARIC and I kept on saying that its not about whether the degree in on PBC or not, the PBC does not even list the T1 General category meaning no body applying for T1 General ILR route can even use the PBC. And they kept on repeating the same.

I refuse to believe that I have to get my degree verified by NARIC when I have already scored points for it twice in my T1 General Entry Clearance and my T1 General extension. That would mean even if you have a degree from HArvard or anywhere in the World, it would need NARIC verification, only because they have removed the bloody option of T1 General from the PBC.

OmerT you can call the UKVI 0300 123 2241 and select option 5 and ask them the same question. Maybe you can find an advisor who actually knows the answer. I called twice but it didn't serve me any good. I assume you have already scored points twice on your qualification and now you cannot use the Points Based Calculator anymore so in the same limbo as me.

Any one who could advise on this, will be greatly appreciated.

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Wed Apr 22, 2015 2:14 pm

The response in the threads below appears to indicate you don't need the PBS to confirm the other aspects of your points based score for T1G. You may want to respond to that poster and verify/clarify.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/indefi ... 84992.html
http://www.immigrationboards.com/indefi ... 84958.html

I get the impression that while the T1G option has been removed in the calculator, the SET(O) form has not been updated accordingly. There was a time where there was no calculator available and we just followed the UKBA guidance notes to establish how many points we scored under each section - age, earnings, etc... This can still be done, the only exception being qualification verification which you cannot do yourself.

ResidentEvil

Post by ResidentEvil » Wed Apr 22, 2015 3:38 pm

Thanks cs95tdg.

Yes you are right that points can be established using the Set (O) form itself for age, earnings etc but not for the qualification as it clearly mentions the Points Based Calculator and either they should have updated the Set (O) form or not remove the T1 General option from the PBC. Now, as we have this situation, if you go through T2 General option and you get to the option where you choose the country, university etc. A point to note is that this section is for English Skill and points are awarded whether UKBA recognises that qualification as being taught in English and if it fulfils the English language requirement, and NOT for the purpose of T1 General where we need the 30-35 points for the academic qualifications. So basically any degree or university you choose from Pakistan (or any any non-English speaking country even if you choose PHD), you will get ZERO points.

I see some people advising that use the printout from the Tier2 (General) Points Based Calculator summary and take it with you. I can see my degree and university in the list but also it has ZERO points next to it. Not too sure if that is too convincing for the immigration officer.

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Wed Apr 22, 2015 4:45 pm

ResidentEvil wrote: A point to note is that this section is for English Skill and points are awarded whether UKBA recognises that qualification as being taught in English and if it fulfils the English language requirement, and NOT for the purpose of T1 General where we need the 30-35 points for the academic qualifications. So basically any degree or university you choose from Pakistan (or any any non-English speaking country even if you choose PHD), you will get ZERO points.
Yes, I agree to the first point and understand what you mean with the second. But when it comes to overseas degrees there are many which are taught in English and thereby where you would score 10 points for them in the PBS calculator. Majority of examples that I've seen posted on this forum fall under that category.
I see some people advising that use the printout from the Tier2 (General) Points Based Calculator summary and take it with you. I can see my degree and university in the list but also it has ZERO points next to it. Not too sure if that is too convincing for the immigration officer.
Personally I'd get the NARIC comparability assessment in this particular instance, unless you happen to have a copy of your original PBS score PDF with you? While this does not have anything to do with the verification of your academic qualification the fact that you score 0 for your degree under the English language section somehow doesn't seem too convincing and not of much use to a caseworker - as you have a different qualification for English anyway.

There is a settlement ops email address you can write to, which is what I've always done in the past, as I've found UKBA advise/information provided over the phone tends to be inconsistent at best.

ResidentEvil

Post by ResidentEvil » Wed Apr 22, 2015 5:05 pm

I do have the previous PBS score PDFs form both my T1 applications and I got 30 score on both the occasions. Should I submit these along?

Also could you please provide me with that settlement ops email address as I cannot seem to find anything.

Thanks.

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Wed Apr 22, 2015 5:16 pm

SettlementOpsPolicy@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk

I'd ask them whether they'll accept the previous sheet when you write to them. Don't worry if you initially get a automated reply. You should get an individual response within a week. At least that was my experience.

ResidentEvil

Post by ResidentEvil » Thu Apr 23, 2015 3:50 pm

Yes, correct. I did get an automated reply saying that they will not reply to any individual cases. Fingers crossed someone replies back.

jpat2002

Post by jpat2002 » Fri May 08, 2015 9:01 pm

ResidentEvil wrote:Yes, correct. I did get an automated reply saying that they will not reply to any individual cases. Fingers crossed someone replies back.

Hi have you got any reply yet or not.? As i am in same boat as you. My UK qualification (Postgraduate Certificate in Science) was on point base calculator and i used this qualification for my previous application.But its not on PBS anymore...

Please keep us update..
Thanks