ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Biometric for MN1 Application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

nowrozkhan
Newly Registered

Biometric for MN1 Application

Post by nowrozkhan » Thu Apr 09, 2015 9:06 pm

Dear all,
I received my Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR) in the UK last year. Now, I'm applying for my son's MN1 registration. He is 7 years old, born in the UK and currently in Bangladesh for last 3 years, with my wife. I have noticed the recent change in the MN1 application, i.e. the requirement of a biometric.
My question is, " If I'm applying for his BC from UK, can he do the biometric back in Bangladesh?
My appointment with the NCS, for his MN1 registration is next week.
Any response would be great!!!!
With Regards,
N Khan

fwd079
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Re: Biometric for MN1 Application

Post by fwd079 » Fri Apr 10, 2015 12:54 pm

The Biometric for Naturalisation/Registration is very new, so I'd give a call to British high commission Dhaka to ask for Biometric information there, also you can look at Other countries section in this forum. Good luck.
Being British is a state of mind.
Want to maintain timeline of any thread? Click here and grab template.

nowrozkhan
Newly Registered

Post by nowrozkhan » Sun Apr 12, 2015 4:21 pm

Thanks for the reply.

akramroy
Newly Registered

Post by akramroy » Wed Apr 22, 2015 8:59 am

fwd079 wrote:The Biometric for Naturalisation/Registration is very new, so I'd give a call to British high commission Dhaka to ask for Biometric information there, also you can look at Other countries section in this forum. Good luck.
Hi fwd079,
I have same case sent you message and got reply. You answered that my kids should be here if I want to apply MN1.
Can you please clarify again, they born in uk before my ILR which I received on 10th April but kids are now in Pakistan & under 4 years?
Your answer to "NWROZKHAN" seems I can apply from here even they are outside country. If I can what will be the procedure of biometric. Thanks again & apologies for bothering.

fwd079
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by fwd079 » Wed Apr 22, 2015 10:01 am

akramroy wrote: Hi fwd079,
I have same case sent you message and got reply. You answered that my kids should be here if I want to apply MN1.
Can you please clarify again, they born in uk before my ILR which I received on 10th April but kids are now in Pakistan & under 4 years?
Your answer to "NWROZKHAN" seems I can apply from here even they are outside country. If I can what will be the procedure of biometric. Thanks again & apologies for bothering.
Sorry for not checking messages etc. But as I already told, the Biometric for Naturalisation/Registration is very new, so personally I'd give a call to British high commission Islamabad to ask for facilities of MN1 Biometric information there. I am guessing it will be very much like regular visa Biometrics process, but not sure if its started for AN/MN1 procedures.

Again, personally I'd have kids over here in UK and apply for MN1 here to make process bit smoother, but that's just my view. Good luck.

rajvet

Post by rajvet » Wed Apr 22, 2015 4:28 pm

Hi all
I have the same situation as discussed above. I am on ILR my wife's dependent visa was refused, I made an appeal against the decision and By the grace of almighty we have received a letter from British high commission to send them passport I think its a positive thing .
Now the situation is that I have two daughters who were born in UK and I wanted to apply for their registration here but unfortunately I couldn't apply before 6th of April and now I can not apply from here as a new rule of biometric enrollment is imposed .
Please advise me should I apply for visit visa for my daughters and once they r here I will apply for their registration and then passport .
Thanks very much

fwd079
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by fwd079 » Thu Apr 23, 2015 9:42 am

rajvet wrote:Hi all
I have the same situation as discussed above. I am on ILR my wife's dependent visa was refused, I made an appeal against the decision and By the grace of almighty we have received a letter from British high commission to send them passport I think its a positive thing .
Now the situation is that I have two daughters who were born in UK and I wanted to apply for their registration here but unfortunately I couldn't apply before 6th of April and now I can not apply from here as a new rule of biometric enrollment is imposed .
Please advise me should I apply for visit visa for my daughters and once they r here I will apply for their registration and then passport .
Thanks very much
If you are on ILR, and daughters are in bron in UK then you can apply for registration through form MN1.

Otherwise please take a look at this link.

rajvet

Post by rajvet » Thu Apr 23, 2015 9:59 am

Thanks fwd
That's very right but the issue is with biometric enrollment, I have tried to call British high commission Islamabad but got no answer also Gerrys people have no idea on it .

fwd079
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by fwd079 » Thu Apr 23, 2015 10:52 am

rajvet wrote:Thanks fwd
That's very right but the issue is with biometric enrollment, I have tried to call British high commission Islamabad but got no answer also Gerrys people have no idea on it .
Personally if I do not get any reply after several tries, then instead of getting stuck I'd simply apply for MN1 from within UK.

rajvet

Post by rajvet » Thu Apr 23, 2015 10:59 am

For that fwd should I apply for their visit visa ???
Thanks

fwd079
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by fwd079 » Thu Apr 23, 2015 3:46 pm

rajvet wrote:For that fwd should I apply for their visit visa ???
Thanks
Click please.

rajvet

Post by rajvet » Wed May 06, 2015 8:44 am

Hi all
Just to update , after a lot of research I have got an email from home office which is as under

Thank you for the email and I apologise for the delay in responding.

Kids under 6 just have the facial recognition image. There are centres all over the world. After the application has been made, the team writes to you to you where to go to enrol biometrics.

Thanks everyone

fwd079
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by fwd079 » Wed May 06, 2015 9:38 am

Thanks for update, I am guessing when time comes they'd ask to use one of the visa centres etc, and best of luck. Do keep us posted please.