ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Route to ILR
Member of Standing

Re: 10 years long residence applications

Post by Route to ILR » Tue Apr 21, 2015 8:55 pm

Na74 wrote:It was at Liverpool
Congrats NA74. So u lift the trophy. First set lr PEO on this board. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Na74

Post by Na74 » Tue Apr 21, 2015 9:24 pm

I was shocked to see that there were so few people. The whole centre was empty. While in past i had to wait 3 hours to just record biomatrics. Anyway God has given me freedom. Alhamdulillah.

sud315

Post by sud315 » Tue Apr 21, 2015 10:01 pm

Glad to hear so many have received approvals lately!! 8) :D
Na74 thanks for sharing your experience with us too! Glad to hear it works fine! But I just missed it unfortunately!
Good luck to those waiting!

rzbca
Bangladesh

Post by rzbca » Tue Apr 21, 2015 10:09 pm

Congratulations on your good news! Enjoy your freedom.

Na74 wrote:Alhamdulillah I have got my approval today. It was same day premium service for Set(LR).
There were only two people waiting before me. In total less than 10 people came today using same day under all categories.
It was nerve wrecking day, took around 3 hours to complete whole process. Then called me to desk and told there and then. All documents returned. No questions were asked.
I had a CCJ and one missing passport +visa (stolen). So I included explanation letter along with police report etc.
It was fine.
Extra fees for premium service WORTH it.

sud315

Post by sud315 » Tue Apr 21, 2015 10:10 pm

Hi all
I'm getting stressed already as it's 4 weeks and I've not had biometric invitation letter
Received the acknowledgement letter fairly soon though.
But only today I had received the first email too!
Google drive doesn't show the email date. So I don't know if email comes first and then biometric letter next :?:

Moderators, Can we add this email date column also do you think? :idea:
I think it'll be very helpful for people like me.

I wonder if my letter had got lost?!! as I live in a flat too & lots of letters r lying around anyway.

If it has got lost, do they send another letter? Has this happened to any one before? Or would they just reject!!? :shock:
Is it worth trying to contact them to check? But number is always busy & its difficult to get through :?

Thanks all.

sud315

Post by sud315 » Tue Apr 21, 2015 10:31 pm

Timeline sheet, top entries are not in date order
Or is this date type errors made? :?

Those who applied in mid March have not got biometrics letter but April applicants have already done Biometrics!
So have those March applicants been busy to visit this forum or not received the letter too just like me?
But they pick the applications in date order so means probably my biometric letter has got lost?!! :x :cry: Oh god headache!

I'm not on the sheet by the way.
If some one can add me too, I sent mine 24th, acknowledgement letter received 30th
Thanks.

M2013
Russia

Post by M2013 » Tue Apr 21, 2015 10:52 pm

Hi, Sud315.
Please do not worry. From my own experience and the timeline you will receive the invitation letter the next day after e-mail. E-mail is automatic confirmation that HO added your details to their database. So on 22 or 23 u'll get it.
sud315 wrote:Hi all
I'm getting stressed already as it's 4 weeks and I've not had biometric invitation letter
Google drive doesn't show the email date. So I don't know if email comes first and then biometric letter next :?:

I wonder if my letter had got lost?!! as I live in a flat too & lots of letters r lying around anyway.

If it has got lost, do they send another letter? Has this happened to any one before? Or would they just reject!!? :shock:
Is it worth trying to contact them to check? But number is always busy & its difficult to get through :?

Thanks all.

sud315

Post by sud315 » Tue Apr 21, 2015 11:53 pm

M2013 wrote:Hi, Sud315.
Please do not worry. From my own experience and the timeline you will receive the invitation letter the next day after e-mail. E-mail is automatic confirmation that HO added your details to their database. So on 22 or 23 u'll get it.
M2013
Thank you so much! I was very worried about my stupid post, I haven't received few that I've been waiting. Yes hope then I receive biometric letter soon!
Wish you all the best too for good news soon for u!!

swa
Newly Registered

Post by swa » Tue Apr 21, 2015 11:57 pm

Na74 wrote:Alhamdulillah I have got my approval today. It was same day premium service for Set(LR).
There were only two people waiting before me. In total less than 10 people came today using same day under all categories.
It was nerve wrecking day, took around 3 hours to complete whole process. Then called me to desk and told there and then. All documents returned. No questions were asked.
I had a CCJ and one missing passport +visa (stolen). So I included explanation letter along with police report etc.
It was fine.
Congratulation Na74 on your new found freedom. Please can you tell us what supporting documents you submitted and/or your experience at centre. You are the first I know of to obtain ilr (lr) same day. I hope to apply in 5weeks!

UKres

Post by UKres » Wed Apr 22, 2015 12:15 am

It was fine.
Hi Na74, congrats on your well deserve freedom.
Did they any questions during your interview ?
Thanks

abiswaslaw

Post by abiswaslaw » Wed Apr 22, 2015 1:04 am

Guys I need help in complex pending in UT 3c leading to ILR. Appeal pending in UT hearing on 30/04/2015 - 10 year over. Tell me how do I apply for ILR long residency or variation to ILR while UT dealing the matter. Does it work if I add additional ground? Or what? I don't want to break 3c withdrawing appeal. Help me out please. Thanks

dream40

Post by dream40 » Wed Apr 22, 2015 7:00 am

I had applied for my 11 years old daughter on set lr 4th April hgot acknowlement letter on 9th April by post and got her biometric on 13 April

Since

Post by Since » Wed Apr 22, 2015 9:27 am

I am agree to this reply
M2013 wrote:Hi, Sud315.
sud315 wrote:Hi all

Thanks all.

Na74

Post by Na74 » Wed Apr 22, 2015 9:28 am

UKres wrote:
It was fine.
Hi Na74, congrats on your well deserve freedom.
Did they any questions during your interview ?
Thanks
No, they did not ask me anything, however a lot of people were called to desk to provide more information, give documents etc, one was taken to an office for interview by senior case worker. It is stressful as you can see things happening in front of you. You can see them checking documents, making phone calls etc. i could even hear their conversation as I was sat very near to case worker. It gave me even more stress. Not a good idea. But wait and stress has brought relief Alhamdulillah.

UKres

Post by UKres » Wed Apr 22, 2015 10:03 am

Thanks Na74 for you reply.

Could you please let us know what documents you submitted?

imikhan
Newly Registered

Post by imikhan » Wed Apr 22, 2015 12:09 pm

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for posting such a informative material on this forum. great work.
i am going to apply for my ILR long residency next week at premium service window. i got a question on flr(lr) form and will appreciate if some1 can answer it as i am not sure what shall i anwer to it as it seems an important question. please see below

D13. Please state what ties you have with:
• The country where you were born.
• Any country whose nationality you hold.
• Any country where you have lived for more than five years.

re1thk
Newly Registered

Post by re1thk » Wed Apr 22, 2015 12:15 pm

imikhan wrote:Hi Everyone,

Thanks for posting such a informative material on this forum. great work.
i am going to apply for my ILR long residency next week at premium service window. i got a question on flr(lr) form and will appreciate if some1 can answer it as i am not sure what shall i anwer to it as it seems an important question. please see below

D13. Please state what ties you have with:
• The country where you were born.
• Any country whose nationality you hold.
• Any country where you have lived for more than five years.
• The country where you were born. Any family ties if you have, other information which you might think are your responsibility
• Any country whose nationality you hold.Same as above, if the country is the same as country you were born
• Any country where you have lived for more than five years.If you have lived in a country other than the UK and your nationality, mention that country and write what ties you have there.

imikhan
Newly Registered

Post by imikhan » Wed Apr 22, 2015 12:53 pm

thanks re1thk,

i was just wondering would it have an effect on my case if i say i have very strong ties like i got family, frds and property overthere. as they might turn around and say u better live in ur home country as u have week ties with uk. am abit confused...... :?

imikhan
Newly Registered

Post by imikhan » Wed Apr 22, 2015 12:59 pm

UKres wrote:
Na74 wrote:Hi guys,
I am going for same day appointment next week on Wednesday. All your prayers are needed. Everything else is straightforward, apart from that I do not have one of my three passports issued in last ten years as it was stolen in UK. Got copy of that , plus visa copy, police report etc. ( I hope Home office has all records anyway which they can check to confirm travel dates). Any ideas how to overcome this ? Could this be a problem? Has anyone else had this problem?

Hi Na74 , Good luck for your visa next week , you will be the first one on this form to go same day service , once you get the visa please share your exp , this can help other they are going for same day service:)

once again good luck , do share your experience.
please do tell us ur experience. please dooooo........ as i got appointment next week for the same case and i want to know what they ask and require. thanks dude

re1thk
Newly Registered

Post by re1thk » Wed Apr 22, 2015 1:18 pm

imikhan wrote:thanks re1thk,

i was just wondering would it have an effect on my case if i say i have very strong ties like i got family, frds and property overthere. as they might turn around and say u better live in ur home country as u have week ties with uk. am abit confused...... :?

I have mentioned, Family Ties (Parents) you can add siblings if you have any. I did the same, I got my ILR approved. I dont think that would have any effect on the outcome.

imikhan
Newly Registered

Post by imikhan » Wed Apr 22, 2015 1:53 pm

Thanks re1thk for ur reply
i will now mention my parents and sibblings only but not the property. i will update u next week the outcome. Inshallah it will be in my favour.

Benny78
Newly Registered

Post by Benny78 » Wed Apr 22, 2015 4:38 pm

Hello Everyone.

Please has anyone applied for ILR as a student, Qualified under the legal 10 years route? All I have been reading here are mostly the tier 1.
Please can anyone share his / her experience and also advise on documents checklist.

Omor4real

Post by Omor4real » Wed Apr 22, 2015 5:01 pm

Benny78 wrote:Hello Everyone.

Please has anyone applied for ILR as a student, Qualified under the legal 10 years route? All I have been reading here are mostly the tier 1.
Please can anyone share his / her experience and also advise on documents checklist.
Any leave with the exception of visiting count towards lawful stay as long as you meet all other requirement.

you only need all your passport, liuk and English test or your degree certificate.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Apr 22, 2015 5:04 pm

[quote="Omor4real"Any leave with the exception of visiting count towards lawful stay as long as you meet all other requirement.

you only need all your passport, liuk and English test or your degree certificate.[/quote]
Visitor visa can count towards long residence provided the gap between exit and re-rentry is not greater than 6 months.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Benny78
Newly Registered

Post by Benny78 » Wed Apr 22, 2015 5:26 pm

Thanks Omor4real...

Please which other requirements are you advising me on...

My husband will be 10 years in June... He has only traveled out the UK for 6weeks in total till date, 3 weeks in 2007 and another 3 weeks in 2013.
Never had any problem extending his visa until date, except in 2009, he has always use the same day service (PEO) till date.
When he attend this day in 2009, the caseworker requested one document from the university before he can make decision so he was asked to provide it within 5days which he actually got it the next day and post it to them as instructed but the home office didn't return his visa until almost 5month, which was approved anyway.

No any problem with the police... Please what do you guys advise?