ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR application - statement of Additional grounds.

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

kratos135
Newly Registered

ILR application - statement of Additional grounds.

Post by kratos135 » Wed Apr 22, 2015 8:30 am

Hi,

I have recently applied for ILR (Dec 2014) after completing 5 years in UK. This week I received a letter from Home office saying the visa application is likely to be refused with the present information provided and they've asked me to provide any additional grounds to prove that they should grant me visa.

The only documents I think I have missed out are P60s and letter from employer validating my paid annual leaves. The documents

I have submitted are:

Set (o) application
Employment letter
Payslips for 12 months
Bank statements for 12 months
Life in UK for both myself and my wife
Original degree certificate for my wife (listed in database)
Original Marriage certificate
Utility Bills
Council Tax letter (has both my name and my wife's name on it)
NHS letters that came in my wife's name to prove she is living with me
Letters from Employer for absences related to business trip
PBS self assessment form
Cover letter.

I have never submitted P60s with my Tier1 extensions so didn't think of much about them when applying for ILR. Is that the reason why I got this "additonal grounds" request from Home office? I feel like I broke a cardinal rule here by not sending them. I am reaching out to you experienced guys to guide me in case I missed anything important from my list.

I am planning to send my P60s and a letter from employer validating my annual leave. I can't think of anything else as mine is a straight forward case. I got my Tier1 extension till 2017.

Any thoughts or inputs greatly appreciated.

ALI97
Pakistan

Re: ILR application - statement of Additional grounds.

Post by ALI97 » Wed Apr 22, 2015 1:22 pm

hi krotas135

what abount b1 english language level certificate of yourself....did pbs calculatoer giving 10 points for your wife
look like english language proof misiing.....

argus7
Wales

Post by argus7 » Wed Apr 22, 2015 1:32 pm

Is it the case of complex employments in the last 5 years. Verification of employment maybe?

kratos135
Newly Registered

Post by kratos135 » Wed Apr 22, 2015 1:44 pm

Hi,

My language requirements were met when I initially obtained Tier1 visa and I believe there isn't any need to prove it again. (I think it says so in the guidelines doc)

As far as my employment goes, I was with only one company in all the 5 years.. I was a contractor initially and now a permanent employee. I don't think they'll have any problem in verifying employment details.

kratos135
Newly Registered

Post by kratos135 » Wed Apr 22, 2015 1:47 pm

Hi ALI97,

My wife's college is listed in the PBS calculator. I haven't submitted a separate assessment for her though if that is what you are asking.

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Wed Apr 22, 2015 2:01 pm

kratos135 wrote:My language requirements were met when I initially obtained Tier1 visa and I believe there isn't any need to prove it again. (I think it says so in the guidelines doc).
You do need to prove this as part of your ILR application, irrespective of what was provided as part of any previous immigration applications.

AcrossBorders

Post by AcrossBorders » Wed Apr 22, 2015 2:22 pm

Can you provide the wording of the letter you received here.

The experienced members might be able to determine what the HO mean from it, sometimes its all in the wording.

kratos135
Newly Registered

Post by kratos135 » Wed Apr 22, 2015 4:26 pm

Here's the content of the letter..

On the available information your application is likely to be refused. Before a final decision is taken your case please could you read and complete the attached form and return to the address above within 14 days. Please be aware that if the form is not returned within 14 days a decision will be made on the information you have already provided.

On the next page..

Statement of Additional grounds

This is a notice served under section 120 of the Nationality, Immigration and Asylum Act 2002.

You must now tell us about any reason you have for wishing to enter or remain in the UK, any grounds on which you should be permitted to enter or remain in the Uk or any grounds on which you should not be removed from or required to leave the UK.

You do not need to tell us about any reasons or grounds which you have already told us.

sej
Newly Registered

Post by sej » Tue Apr 28, 2015 1:50 pm

Hi all,

I now have the exact same letter from the Home Office - Statement of Additional Grounds.

Replying to this thread as I have the same problem and background - as Kratos135

The only differences being:
1) I have no threat in my letter that "On the available information your application is likely to be refused. " It has come as a part of the Biometrics enrollment letter.
2) I have just applied - 10 days ago and I received the email confirmation only yesterday 27th April.

Everything else is exactly the same as Kratos. I have not given P60s and letter from employer validating my paid annual leaves. I too got my Tier1 extension till 2017.

Is this "Statement of Additional Grounds" something new they have started? They couldn't have processed my information already (in 10 days) even before I enrolled my biometrics.

Or is this "Statement of Additional Grounds" something they send every ILR SET (O) applicant?

I don't know what to do with this letter - can someone please help?

Kratos - what did you finally do?

Wishing everyone all the best and thanks in advance.

Warmly,
Sej

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Tue Apr 28, 2015 9:28 pm

sej wrote:The only differences being:
1) I have no threat in my letter that "On the available information your application is likely to be refused. " It has come as a part of the Biometrics enrollment letter.
2) I have just applied - 10 days ago and I received the email confirmation only yesterday 27th April.

Everything else is exactly the same as Kratos. I have not given P60s and letter from employer validating my paid annual leaves. I too got my Tier1 extension till 2017.

Is this "Statement of Additional Grounds" something new they have started? They couldn't have processed my information already (in 10 days) even before I enrolled my biometrics.
I don't have an answer to your question. However it may help if you post the text from both letters, excluding any personal information to understand the context. What is the exact wording in your biometric enrolment letter? And likewise the exact wording on the other letter?

Additionally, is there any particular reason as to why you did not submit letters confirming paid annual leave? I presume you were aware of the requirement stated under the immigration rules 245CD-SD.
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... _final.pdf

sej
Newly Registered

Post by sej » Wed Apr 29, 2015 6:11 pm

Thank you so much for your reply.

The first part is a letter and is a standard acknowledgement letter with invitation to enrol for biometrics - there is absolutely no allusion to the second part.

The second part is simple a "Statement of Additional Grounds".

I have indeed missed out on company letter for paid leaves and the P60s for the 5 years, because I did not know :( Thank you so much for pointing me in the right direction.

I am going to add this as "Additional Grounds" stating:
"I have been in the UK for 5 years continuously since April 2010 on my Tier 1 (General) visa, and am therefore applying for ILR as per immigration rules.

A) Employment History:
I have been in employment since January 2011 as is evidenced by the attached

1) Tax Return for ---- and
2) P60s for ---

B) Continuous Stay in UK:
In the last 5 years, I have been away from the UK on holidays on occasions, apart from bank holidays, for which I am attaching a letter from my employer evidencing these as paid annual leave for this period.

In addition, I would also like to add that I am an honest, law abiding and tax paying citizen.
"

I guess there is nothing more I can do.

Will let you know how it goes, thank you for your help.

boladale
Newly Registered

Post by boladale » Sat Nov 14, 2015 10:37 pm

Pls can anyone help me, i have just applied for ILR (SET 0) with 3 dependents and the biometric letters was sent with Statement of additional grounds under section 120 to include any additional ground for wishing to stay in the UK and not be removed.To be sincere i dont know what i can include with this letter because i have added everything in the SET 0 application.It even read that i should tick A if there are no any information and sign it.

Please advice me on this.

kudkem
Newly Registered

Post by kudkem » Fri Aug 12, 2016 5:49 pm

boladale wrote:Pls can anyone help me, i have just applied for ILR (SET 0) with 3 dependents and the biometric letters was sent with Statement of additional grounds under section 120 to include any additional ground for wishing to stay in the UK and not be removed.To be sincere i dont know what i can include with this letter because i have added everything in the SET 0 application.It even read that i should tick A if there are no any information and sign it.

Hi, please can you update on the progress of your application. Thanks it would be helpful

Duala
Newly Registered

Post by Duala » Tue Aug 16, 2016 3:59 pm

kudkem wrote:
boladale wrote:Pls can anyone help me, i have just applied for ILR (SET 0) with 3 dependents and the biometric letters was sent with Statement of additional grounds under section 120 to include any additional ground for wishing to stay in the UK and not be removed.To be sincere i dont know what i can include with this letter because i have added everything in the SET 0 application.It even read that i should tick A if there are no any information and sign it.

Hi, please can you update on the progress of your application. Thanks it would be helpful

don't WORRY ITS NOTHING I had the same letter with my application but my ILR has been approved and I have my BRP within 2 days. I changed my postal to premium and within 4 days everything was done.

poketoho
Newly Registered

Post by poketoho » Tue Aug 16, 2016 4:17 pm

Hello members, i applied for my ILR after 6 years of discretionary(3x2), I received a biometric enrolment form today, but attached to the form are 2 pages stating "STATEMENT OF ADDITIONAL GROUNDS" my problem now is i don't have anything else to add other than what i have earlier sent to them with my application(SET O) Has anyone else received this type of biometric letter?? and what does this mean?? What should i do?? pls advice urgently!
God bless!

NickTheKiwi

Post by NickTheKiwi » Tue Aug 16, 2016 9:26 pm

poketoho wrote:Hello members, i applied for my ILR after 6 years of discretionary(3x2), I received a biometric enrolment form today, but attached to the form are 2 pages stating "STATEMENT OF ADDITIONAL GROUNDS" my problem now is i don't have anything else to add other than what i have earlier sent to them with my application(SET O) Has anyone else received this type of biometric letter?? and what does this mean?? What should i do?? pls advice urgently!
God bless!

Hello, my partner and I also received the 'Statement of Additional Grounds' with our biometric enrolment. We both applied under ancestry. At first I was very worried about this and came on the forums to see if anyone else had got the same but at that time I had no response. I can now see there are a few of us getting this and I guess it is their new procedure. The 'RED.0003' form is a RESPONSE form. Since I have been given nothing to respond to i.e. my application has not been refused and no other message from the home office, I won't be completing it. If I am given something to respond to, then I will use it.

poketoho
Newly Registered

Post by poketoho » Tue Aug 16, 2016 11:59 pm

NickTheKiwi
Thank you for your response, pls what date did you receive similar biometric enrolment form?? Did you ignore the STATEMENT OF ADDITIONAL GROUND ?? Did you tick section A and signed as nothing to add?? Have you received any feedback from the HO since then?? Pls kindly respond urgently!
God bless!

NickTheKiwi

Post by NickTheKiwi » Wed Aug 17, 2016 11:05 am

poketoho wrote:NickTheKiwi
Thank you for your response, pls what date did you receive similar biometric enrolment form?? Did you ignore the STATEMENT OF ADDITIONAL GROUND ?? Did you tick section A and signed as nothing to add?? Have you received any feedback from the HO since then?? Pls kindly respond urgently!
God bless!
Hello,

My common-law wife and I received our letters dated 27 July 2016. We both applied under separate applications and not as dependents of each other. I have not done anything with the RED.0003 and won't be doing anything with it. I can not guarantee that this is the correct approach but they have given me nothing to respond to, so I feel no need to respond. If it comes up later on then I feel very confident in defending that decision. What I also found interesting was that the English on the letter was very, very poor indeed. Below is what it says; I can not make any sense of it and English is my native language...

"You or your representative should complete this form in English and return it as instructed when you were required to complete it."

1) I have received no instruction at all.
2) "When you were required to complete it" implies that there was something that happened in the past?!

Now, I take that to mean that if you are required to complete this form then you should complete it. That's the best understanding I can get from it. When I have looked up the 'RED.0003 s120 response' form on Google, I have seen cases where people received other forms like the 'RED.0001' and 'RED.0002' and a letter to say their application may be rejected. In my case I have received nothing other than the response form.

I also think very little care was taken in completing my letters. The letter I also got to say "Thank you for your application' still has the template information on it! So where it says 'Our Ref' and 'Your Ref' don't have any personal information, they just have 'HO_Ref' and 'Your Ref' next to them, like a template that is to remind them to fill it in and they haven't. I suspect this whole thing is being rushed a bit at the moment.

I hope that helps but I'm just a normal applicant. Should there be any problems later with my application, I feel I have strong grounds for appeal. Keep in mind that I did not receive any other communication from Home Office on this, just the response form.

poketoho
Newly Registered

Post by poketoho » Wed Aug 17, 2016 11:35 am

NickTheKiwi
Thank you so much for your prompt info, very informative and useful !
Pls keep me update with any outcome.
God bless!

kudkem
Newly Registered

Post by kudkem » Wed Aug 17, 2016 1:33 pm

NickTheKiwi wrote:
poketoho wrote:NickTheKiwi
God bless!
Hello,

My common-law wife and I received our letters dated 27 July 2016. We both applied under separate applications and not as dependents of each other. I have not done anything with the RED.0003 and won't be doing anything with it. I can not guarantee that this is the correct approach but they have given me nothing to respond to, so I feel no need to respond. If it comes up later on then I feel very confident in defending that decision. What I also found interesting was that the English on the letter was very, very poor indeed. Below is what it says; I can not make any sense of it and English is my native language...

"You or your representative should complete this form in English and return it as instructed when you were required to complete it."

1) I have received no instruction at all.
2) "When you were required to complete it" implies that there was something that happened in the past?!

Now, I take that to mean that if you are required to complete this form then you should complete it. That's the best understanding I can get from it. When I have looked up the 'RED.0003 s120 response' form on Google, I have seen cases where people received other forms like the 'RED.0001' and 'RED.0002' and a letter to say their application may be rejected. In my case I have received nothing other than the response form.

I also think very little care was taken in completing my letters. The letter I also got to say "Thank you for your application' still has the template information on it! So where it says 'Our Ref' and 'Your Ref' don't have any personal information, they just have 'HO_Ref' and 'Your Ref' next to them, like a template that is to remind them to fill it in and they haven't. I suspect this whole thing is being rushed a bit at the moment.

I hope that helps but I'm just a normal applicant. Should there be any problems later with my application, I feel I have strong grounds for appeal. Keep in mind that I did not receive any other communication from Home Office on this, just the response form.
Thank You :)

kudkem
Newly Registered

Post by kudkem » Wed Aug 17, 2016 1:37 pm

Duala wrote:
kudkem wrote:

don't WORRY ITS NOTHING I had the same letter with my application but my ILR has been approved and I have my BRP within 2 days. I changed my postal to premium and within 4 days everything was done.
Thank you for your reply :)

What date did you apply?

poketoho
Newly Registered

Post by poketoho » Wed Aug 17, 2016 2:14 pm

kudkem.. & Duala,
Thank you so much for the info! I received similar "STATEMENT OF ADDITIONAL GROUND" .. So how did you respond to the letter??.. Did you ignore the letter??.. or did you tick (A) that says no additional grounds to add, signed and mailed back to HO ??.. And if you did tick (A) signed and mailed back, what address did you send the form/letter to??
Kindly urgently respond to these questions pls!
God bless!

kudkem
Newly Registered

Post by kudkem » Wed Aug 17, 2016 3:05 pm

poketoho wrote:kudkem.. & Duala,
Thank you so much for the info! I received similar "STATEMENT OF ADDITIONAL GROUND" .. So how did you respond to the letter??.. Did you ignore the letter??.. or did you tick (A) that says no additional grounds to add, signed and mailed back to HO ??.. And if you did tick (A) signed and mailed back, what address did you send the form/letter to??
Kindly urgently respond to these questions pls!
God bless!

I did not reply because I have not been requested to do so

poketoho
Newly Registered

Post by poketoho » Wed Aug 17, 2016 3:43 pm

kudkem,
Thank you so much Kudkem! for your prompt response, was your application was granted eventually??
God bless!

kudkem
Newly Registered

Post by kudkem » Wed Aug 17, 2016 3:54 pm

poketoho wrote:kudkem,
Thank you so much Kudkem! for your prompt response, was your application was granted eventually??
God bless!
Not yet, I am still waiting