ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

First time Appl - no proof of address that we live together

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

TheDee
Newly Registered

First time Appl - no proof of address that we live together

Post by TheDee » Wed Apr 15, 2015 7:34 am

Dear all,
I'm a Tier 2 - ICT visa holder from Sri Lanka, who arrived in UK on Dec-2010. I met my wife who is a UK born citizen in Dec-2012 and we got married in April-2014. I plan to switch to a spouse visa, as Tier 2 - ICT does not count towards residency, and doesn't allow me to change jobs. However, the application FLR(M) has confused me.

We moved in together in Apr-2014 after getting married, and has been in the process of trying to buy our own place (I rent right now). Fingers crossed, we might finally be getting a place, but as you know in London, it takes good 2 months to complete, and we had few others fall through.

Because we were waiting for this house transaction, we never moved my wifes bills and other things from her Parents address in London where she lived before to mine.

So we have no document, as listed in the application form, that we can show as part of the 6 docs needed for proof of living together. We both have good jobs, we have photos from our wedding, and lot of facebook photos, holiday bookings together, etc to prove we are living as man and wife.

My questions is, has anyone has experience of applying for the FLR(M) for the first time, having been married a year earlier living in UK, but having no proof of address to show that you live together. Thank you!

TheDee
Newly Registered

Re: First time Appl - no proof of address that we live toget

Post by TheDee » Wed Apr 15, 2015 4:24 pm

No one? :(

hussanmaan
Newly Registered

Re: First time Appl - no proof of address that we live toget

Post by hussanmaan » Wed Apr 22, 2015 4:11 pm

You can open joint bank account for this new address .