ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

I forgot to send a document Naturalization - What Next?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

markworton
Newly Registered

I forgot to send a document Naturalization - What Next?

Post by markworton » Wed Apr 22, 2015 7:28 pm

Hello All

What are the views for case workers if there are supporting documents missing from an application?
Are they rejected outright? or do they request that the missing documents are forwarded on to them?

I have submitted a family application for AN and 2x MN1's today and the birth certificates for both MN1 applications are not enclosed with the application - just an oversight.

Is it therefore a matter of withdrawal of the entire case and if so, what is the process for this i.e do I have to wait for confirmation so that I can get a reference number? Bearing in mind that the funds wouldn't have been taken yet so I could always cancel my credit card or just put a block on it. Not ideal, but if there is no 100% certain answer then I would have to do that. NCS was not an option and I have completed all applications single handed up to this point, just that I didn't have the time to book the appointment and attend with them.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: I forgot to send a document Naturalization - What Next?

Post by CR001 » Wed Apr 22, 2015 8:40 pm

You should receive an acknowledgment letter with a reference number and they will also write to you if they need addifional documents.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

markworton
Newly Registered

Post by markworton » Wed Apr 22, 2015 8:48 pm

Thanks for the reassurance, although the backspace button in life would be better :)

If it makes any difference, they are non UK born but I already have the certs translated. Just didn't want to get a red letter saying NO and then -£2500.

Thanks again.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Apr 22, 2015 9:02 pm

You should have used Nationality Checking Service to apply, they would have picked up on it straight away.

Once you get your acknowledgement letter, it will have the reference number on. From my own experience with MN1 for my daughter, they will write to you if they have a query.

Unlikely that they will refuse ALL applications as each applicant needs to meet the requirement individually.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.