ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

6 payslips or 6 months before application

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ftse100

6 payslips or 6 months before application

Post by ftse100 » Thu Apr 23, 2015 2:54 am

Dear All

I have a few questions of the similar nature. I would appreciate your response.

I am preparing some paperwork for my spouse visa Entry clear application and hoping to apply by July this year. My questions are regarding financial requirement for the visa application. I started working with my current employer on non-Salaried basis with contractual hours and certain pay-rate from 21 January 2015 and it's been 3 months now. I get paid monthly so my first payslip for the month of January arrived on 10th February which was literally just few days of work. My first question is:

Would that be suitable to include the payslip for January when I only earned 824 pounds? As per now I have 3 payslips and I am projecting next 3 payslips on the basis of my contractual hours and some extra work in the coming month and if I let's say come to a figure which is again an estimate:

824+1,563+2,092+2,150+2,000+1650=10,229

If I let's say apply on 15th July 2015 and wish to include January payslip as well when I would have all my 6 payslips ready but my time with the current employer still won't be 6 months until 21 July 2015. So, my question is should I wait until 21 July 2015 so I could a letter from my current employer that I have completed 6 months employment?

Thanks for your time and advice.

SoHopeful

Re: 6 payslips or 6 months before application

Post by SoHopeful » Thu Apr 23, 2015 9:31 am

Technically you would meet the financial element as non salaried employment is worked out by finding your average monthly pay over the last 6 months then working out the annual amount from that figure. If the ECO decides to nitpick they could state that you have not been with the employer for the full six months but that's a risk you have to decide on taking. You would only need to wait a couple of weeks more for peace of mind.

WR1

Post by WR1 » Thu Apr 23, 2015 10:50 am

The ECO will take the lowest monthly figure, then multiply this by 12 to work out the annual figure. So at January's pay being £824, this would be 824 x 12 = £9,888 which is below the minimum requirement of £18,600.

The OP cannot use the January payslip and each of the six months payslip must not fall below £1,550 gross.

I am going on the assumption the rules are the same for salaried and non-salaried, though I could be wrong.
I am not an immigration adviser
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided

ftse100

Post by ftse100 » Thu Apr 23, 2015 2:39 pm

Thanks SoHopeful and WR1 for the help.
WR1, the guidance says that salaried and non salaried will be treated differently as in case of non salaried the average income over the last six months will calculated by adding all the income divided by 6 and multiplied by 12 unlike salaried which has to have a minimum £1,550 gross each month and does not have to be less in any of the months. Please correct all the gurus if I am wrong.

Rayking

Post by Rayking » Thu Apr 23, 2015 3:50 pm

As you've stated you're in non salaried employment, you'll be fine with the figures stated. You don't have to earn 1550 all through, I could remember one of my payslips was below 1550 when we did for my wife. Just make sure you get other documents to specifications.

WR1

Post by WR1 » Thu Apr 23, 2015 4:47 pm

ftse100 wrote:Thanks SoHopeful and WR1 for the help.
WR1, the guidance says that salaried and non salaried will be treated differently as in case of non salaried the average income over the last six months will calculated by adding all the income divided by 6 and multiplied by 12 unlike salaried which has to have a minimum £1,550 gross each month and does not have to be less in any of the months. Please correct all the gurus if I am wrong.
I stand corrected.
I am not an immigration adviser
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided

ftse100

Post by ftse100 » Thu Apr 23, 2015 7:43 pm

Thank you very much all of you.